[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is better than Daggerfall.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: The-Elder-Scrolls-Arena-front.jpg (178KB, 800x997px) Image search: [Google]
The-Elder-Scrolls-Arena-front.jpg
178KB, 800x997px
This is better than Daggerfall.
>>
>>4192346
in retrospect, yes.

daggerfall is one of those rare cases where a video game actually DOES age poorly. it introduced a lot of cool things, and because of this, it had a big novelty value when it was new. now that the novelty has worn off, what remains is an extremely broken and unfinished game, with awful AI.

arena, on the contrary, is actually a solid game, and it manages to show a world that feels more alive than the one in daggerfall. instead of the nonsensical random terrain outside DF's towns, we actually have a living countryside with roads and farmsteads and stuff.

I mean, both games are still fun to play, and I still play both from time to time, but in retrospect, arena is the better game.
>>
>>4192383
I tried both game 7-8 years ago and while Arena might be a solid game, it felt like a really old game to me especially in comparison with Daggerfall. Of course Daggerfall has a lot of flaw, but it didn't bother me as much as Arena UI.
>>
Arena is still solid, but lacks content and the combat/quests (most of the gameplay) gets repetitive quick.
Daggerfall on the other hand is great at first because it's such a huge step up from arena in terms of adding content and detail, but is ridden with bugs and almost seems like too much unnecessary sh1t
>>
File: skimpy arena gurls.png (80KB, 1196x800px) Image search: [Google]
skimpy arena gurls.png
80KB, 1196x800px
>>4192383
Very redpilled opinion.
Most here will not be mature enough to accept it.

Did you know? The Arena modding scene has begun!

http://www.nexusmods.com/tesarena/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=1

Check out this clothing replacer.
>>
>>4193071
>redpilled
Keep that shit on /pol/ it doesn't belong on /vr/. We're talking about games, not politics. Save it for games that got heavy into politics. It doesn't apply here. Find a new buzz-word.
>Implying that takes maturity
Anon, you're a fucking twat and it's obvious you only recently came of age and think your opinions matter.

Aside from that, >>4192383 is wrong, the Daggerfall AI was much better than Arena's. Daggerfall had a lot more content to offer than Arena ever did, even if you lump Battlespire in there. True, the countryside around Daggerfall was pretty shit, but aside from that, Daggerfall was much more complete than Arena.

Other thing being, games get popular for a reason, anons. Daggerfall has had a much more active scene for quite some time. If you're just now getting your Arena modding scene, what does that say? True this argument doesn't fit all cases, but it's been pretty well known that Daggerfall was the best Elder Scrolls game for quite some time. Your historical revisionism is bullshit.
>>
>>4193967
>/pol/
>politics
>politics
>buzz-word
>fucking twat
>think your opinions matter
>historical revisionism
Worst post on /vr/ currently?
>>
>>4193975
>Still haven't shown where the term redpill belongs or even what it's about
The underage summerfag abounds here.
>>
>>4192383

Daggerfall is receiving a good Source port remake via DFworkshop

someguys have managed to improve the AI and ofc the clipping bugs of 745.M41
>>
>>4193967
>Daggerfall AI was much better than Arena's
99% of the enemy behaviour just means slowly walking toward the player in a straight line. they can't even walk around corners, something even the Build games' enemies could do.

furthermore, the spellcaster AI is as poor as it can get: they'll spam random spells at machine gun rate until they either run out of magicka or accidentally blow themselves up.
>>
>>4194028
I died from spellcasters more often in Daggerfall than I ever did in Arena. Partially, this could be because I played more Daggerfall in general, I beat Arena 5 times, moved on to Daggerfall, and yeah I still go back to play Arena here and there because it's a fun game. Maybe they just rolled really well in general, but even with high magic resistance characters, I still died more to the spellcasters.
>>
>>4194047
you died to the spellcasters because they were poorly balanced, not because they were smart.

seriously, they just spam random spells until their magicka is empty. that's what they do. if you die to them, it's more about how powerful the spells are.
>>
>>4194063
That makes enough sense. Explains why they cast silence on fighters I made when trying to do it without magic.
>>
>>4194003
"Redpill" might have roots in a political connotation, but now it's just a colloquialism meaning "tell me the truth about X". Frankly, you should've been able to figure that all out by the context clues of his post. Your autistic and asspained dissertation wasn't needed.
>>
>>4194120
It's been noted multiple times that the term doesn't belong here by other anons. It was cutesy when one bought up the "greenhill me on x" thread, but outside of the clever wordplay, the term honestly doesn't belong here.
Think of this: someone wants an opinion on something COMPLETELY SUBJECTIVE. Someone doesn't like sonic, THERE'S NO GOD DAMN REDPILLING THERE YOU FUCKING CUNT. Someone doesn't like Mario AGAIN NO GOD DAMN REDPILLING THERE.
Someone's taste in games is a subjective thing. Redpill belongs on facts. Redpill as a term doesn't belong anywhere there's someone expressing their opinion on a game. Maybe save it for a thread where people talk about the internals of any of these consoles, faggot.
>>
>>4192346
>My first experience with Arena in a nutshell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0H_X6ip5xQ
>>
>>4194167
Or, and here's a novel suggestion, quit being a triggered autist that's constantly derailing threads because you saw an innocuous use of a word that upsets you. This didn't have to have been, and frankly shouldn't have been the issue you turned it into. You should've went to yourself "oh man, I hate that term redpill, but I'll just ignore it since no one else seems upset and let the thread continue without my ranting."
>>
>>4192346
i honestly agree.
>>
File: 1494043542419.jpg (45KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
1494043542419.jpg
45KB, 500x467px
>>4193967
>can't handle a word because of one of its connotations, even though anon wasn't even using it in that way
Man you're fucking embarassing dude, take a break
>>
>>4192346
no way

this is just ultima underworld but shittier and with an "open world"
>>
>>4193967
Only a faggot TESfan would make a post this autistic.

>>4194167
Or this one
>>
>>4192346
They're both shit but Daggerfall has full frontal nudity so it wins.
>>
File: 1324821980.or.56608.png (66KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
1324821980.or.56608.png
66KB, 320x200px
>>4195694
Are you retarded?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.