[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>they managed to fuck megadrive titles on modern cellphones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-Sega_Forever.png (17KB, 250x115px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Sega_Forever.png
17KB, 250x115px
>they managed to fuck megadrive titles on modern cellphones
What are the odds they will fuck a SG-1000 game up too?
>>
>>4192150
Why would they even bother to make mobile versions of SG-1000 games?
>>
>>4192158
The SG-1000 was rare outside certain markets so there might be some nerds out there who would buy them because they see them as something rare or unknown, and if they're selling genesis games already there are people who want to buy old console games on their cell phones for whatever reason. OP might have just been being hyperbolic as in 'they suck so bad they wouldn't even bee able to port an sg-1000 game

hang-on would be great on mobile though probably
>>
>>4192193
If OP was being hyperbolic they did a pretty poor job. But free mobile ports of SEGA games doesn't scream 'SG-1000' to me. Master System MKIII sure, but the SG-1000 is a Colecovision; not only would the games be largely unplayable on a touchscreen, no one would want to play them.
>>
>>4192193
>>4192221
Fucking up is managing to emulate a 20 year old game on a cellphone and having fps spikes, sound issues and etc.
>>
>>4192150
I don't understand how you could fuck up MD emulation on modern smartphones. Almost anything can emulate a Genesis near perfectly.
>>
They're barely even selling SMS titles despite them having a real market in Europe and Brazil.
>>
>>4192150
how did they fuck them?
>>
>>4192378
As others have noted, they run at 30 or fewer frames per second, which is insane. That's the main issue, the performance is trash, which makes no sense whatsoever. They apparently wanted to work with the RetroArch team, but they weren't happy with the licensing and backed out.
>>
>>4192392

>we could have had online multiplayer with RA...
>>
>>4192392
Wait, they would be using RetroArch and backed out?
2 nukes weren't enough, I see.
>>
>>4192458
The RA team wouldn't change their license as SEGA requested, so SEGA brushed them under the rug, from what I understand.
>>
>>4192546

Sega either had to publish the code for their version of RetroArch because of the license RA uses or the RA guys had to charge their code's license. Sega said nope to the first option and RetroArch said nah to the second option, so they cut off communication.
>>
>>4192584
Yeah, thanks for clarifying. I read their statement a few months ago and forget the specifics.
>>
>>4192150
Close to 0%. There were only a handful of games that were exclusive or had the best versions on it and no one cares.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.