[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In 1996 Microsoft released the Sidewinder 3d Pro Nobody has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: 3dpro teensy.jpg (69KB, 1170x716px) Image search: [Google]
3dpro teensy.jpg
69KB, 1170x716px
In 1996 Microsoft released the Sidewinder 3d Pro

Nobody has made a better joystick
>>
bullshit
>>
>>4191452
>In 2017 a dingus started this thread
>No body has made a bigger shitpost
Not even sure what your point is supposed to be but it was a very average pleb tier stick.
>>
>>4191459
I've tried a shit ton. None match its feel (not even its big brother the 3d Pro Force Feedback. Its optical and the feel is perfect.
>>
>>4191472
I'm building a converter with teensy to get my 3d Pro working. I can't play Descent 2 without a 3d Pro
>>
I'll take a Wingman over a Sidewinder any day.
>>
So who else also used to play PC FPS games with a joystick?
>>
there was one that was very sturdy, had red buttons and looked pretty authentic,had red buttons and a square and rather tall platform it stood on, not flat like the sidewinders or saiteks

forgot the name ...
>>
File: $_57[1].jpg (46KB, 700x549px) Image search: [Google]
$_57[1].jpg
46KB, 700x549px
>>4191586
Thinking of perhaps the Gravis "Advanced" PC Joystick? Iconic and perhaps the earliest rugged joystick made for PC. Not bad but suffers from the soft springs of most old PC joysticks. Iirc they were soft back in the day too rather than softening with age.
>>
>>4191452
This stick was built like a fucking tank. Although ergonomics could be better. Yes, I was spoiled with Logitech design.
>>
>>4191592
That one fits the description but the one I have in mind looked like a fighter jet joystick, less of a game-y joystick and more of a "real" one for flight sims

ID'ing aside, it's my personal pick, the only thing it lacked was rudder control by twisting the stick, it was fixed, and stick only, no hotas, were there even any HOTAS stick in the mid-90's? I got memed into getting one in the mid-00's but I dont remmeber any early on,
>>
File: topgun.jpg (206KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
topgun.jpg
206KB, 1600x1200px
>>4191586
>>4191649
Thrustmaster, sounds like.
>>
>>4191641
I remember getting furious during games and throwing the Sidewinder 3d Pro on the ground hard. Always worked after
>>
>>4191452

The Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 still commands good money, it's one of the best joysticks ever made.
>>
File: 18b46a91f3a17777c930f370c9f3a9b0.jpg (654KB, 1508x1508px) Image search: [Google]
18b46a91f3a17777c930f370c9f3a9b0.jpg
654KB, 1508x1508px
>>4191935
How different is it from this one? I've got this one (but like the 3d Pro better)
>>
>>4191992

Mechanically it's quite similar, a lot of the parts are interchangeable; however the Force Feedback 2 is USB and is still supported in Windows 10.

Even though they've been off store shelves for over a decade, modern flight simulators still support the force feedback function, which is much more complex than a simple rumble. For example, the stick has no springs, the centering, and all resistance is handled by motors.

One of the most remarkable things I've ever experienced in a flight sim was pulling up very aggressively, stalling, and feeling the stick just flop around in my hands since there was no airflow over my control surfaces; then slowly feeling the resistance increase as the plane nosed over and started picking up speed.
>>
>>4191452

yeah fuck I miss mine.

I used to play DF:JK using the sidewinder in the left hand to control movement and hat and other buttons for mapped force powers.

good times.
>>
>>4191992
The gameport one is supported up to XP, it's just not as ideal as using it in 98 since the sidewinder control panel is missing so you're stuck with the default settings for it.
>>
I used the 3D pro to play Mechwarrior and F-22 Lightning 2, was fucking awesome.
>>
>>4191483
>I can't
Well I guess that explains why you're in the process of building something that would take a normal person well under 5 minutes. lol
>>
>>4191452
Holy crap! Thank you op, that is the exact joystick I had back then. Couldn't find the right one a few weeks ago.
>>
>>4191585
Doom, Doom II, Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2. I even used my 3d Pro in DF2 deathmatches on MSN Zone.
>>
>>4191992
Holy fuck I had this as a kid and could never get it to works on my windows desktop
>>
>>4193548
never had any problems with it here
>>
>>4193548
I'm not sure mine works either. I thought I remember it centering the stick when it was powered (even without the gameport connected). But now when I connect the 16v power supply it doens't do anything.
>>
>>4192672
It did only take 5 minutes to make. I just don't have a 3d Pro
>>
File: sidewinder.jpg (252KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sidewinder.jpg
252KB, 1600x1200px
I have this one, it's optical as well. I have 2 of them but only 1 of the included usb adapters.
>>
>>4191452
they themselves have

the sidewider force feedback
>>
>>4193797
Too big to comfortably set on my lap
Most games didn't support the feedback, and it felt weird when it was in its compatible mode
Contoured grip wasn't as comfortable as the plain 3d Pro. My thumb stays on the hat switch for the games I use a stick (Descent 1/2) so the contour is useless.

I bought the Force Feedback back in the late 90s and it had those shortcomings so I got the 3d Pro
>>
>>4193882
i find putting the return to center on low/med and force feedback setting on low/med works well for non force feedback games.
>>
>>4193617
>i did in 5 mins what a tard could do in 2 and i dont have the parts to make it work
Found the problem. Again. Why did you shitstart this thread?
>>
>>4195341
So you'd ask why repeatedly.
>>
The FFB2 was better. It's weird seeing the entire marketplace dominated by sticks that are pure garbage, flying without FFB is just awful. It's like playing a racing game without FFB, but it's the entire market thanks to patent trolls.

The only stick I'd even consider swapping FFB for a force sensing one, because they're more precise. I prefer the fun factor of FFB, though.
>>
File: sumsumsum.jpg (22KB, 241x284px) Image search: [Google]
sumsumsum.jpg
22KB, 241x284px
>>4195761
Here's one more (You) for you faggot.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.