[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NAM !!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: NAM_cover_art.jpg (19KB, 288x345px) Image search: [Google]
NAM_cover_art.jpg
19KB, 288x345px
i just bought this game and i love it.
can i get a list of ur best retro shooters games
>>
>>4190297
Essentials:
>Original Doom trilogy (Ultimate, II, Final)
>BUILD Big 3 (Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Shadow Warriow)
>Quake (Quake II is very decent but not as good, wouldn't call it an essential. Quake III for the greatest arena shooter mp ever made)

Also be sure to check out fan expansions for these games which in many cases have far surpassed the original games. For example check out Scythe 1&2 for Doom or Death Wish for Blood. Doom's fan made megawads are just about the greatest single player FPS experience you can have 2bh. There's also so many of them, too, it's brilliant. You will NEVER run out of shit to play. Check out the official expansions for the games as well, Duke Caribbean is meant to be very good.

Pretty much everything else is optional. You can try other stuff like Half-Life + Expansions, Unreal, or bollocks like Hexen/Heretic if you just wanna see what boredom plays like in 2.5D FPS form. You can try Wolfenstein and Blake Stone if you wanna see pre-Doom FPS. There's also RPG poop like Deus Ex and System Shock if you for some reason enjoy the shit gameplay mechanics that come with every RPG. There are some N64 shooters like GoldenEye and Perfect Dark that aren't bad if you don't mind the old control system. Turok 1&2 are okay, whatever, and have PC releases. NESfag will tell you about Powerslave and Redneck Rampage Rides again. Actually if you like NAM that much most of this shit will probably blow you away. Glhf.
>>
>>4190297
does it ain't me start playing?
>>
>>4190297
this makes me nostalgia and wish i hadn't thrown out all my boxes and jewel cases and stuff for nam, shadow warrior, system shock, blood, and stuff like that
i got system shock in a bargain bin for like two dollars when i was 16 or so, i had no idea what i was in for
>>
>>4190297
I love these old 2.5D "sprite shooters" as well.
WW2 GI is essentially the prequel to this.
Star Wars: Dark Forces & Outlaws are good.
>>
You can play it with Eduke32 OP
>>
Nobody mentions Terminator?
>>
>>4190382
This is what an objectively wrong post looks like. Take note so you can identify more of them in the field.
>>
>>4190297
I used to love Delta Force 2. It was probably one of the first games I played online.
>>
>>4192648
that brings back LAN sessions memories, ugly game even back then but so fun to play
>>
>>4192648
Man, I remember this game looking "so damn good".
I hate to be spoiled by progress.
>>
File: Colonel+Kilgore.jpg (53KB, 714x357px) Image search: [Google]
Colonel+Kilgore.jpg
53KB, 714x357px
Play it with Eduke32 for massive fun effect.

It's a really underrated game if you ask me. A lot of the "shitty" aspects of it are actually pretty accurate depictions of the Vietnam war
>can't see shit
>firing at shadows and trees
>enemies who shoot you from hiding places
>enemies that play dead and shoot you when you turn your back on them (seriously fucking awesome game mechanic)
>booby traps
>friendly fire everywhere
>airstrikes everywhere
>rifle fails you at the worst time

Seriously some cool ideas in this game. I wish someone would remake it with more modern controls and shit. We really need a singleplayer Vietnam game that says "FUCK YOU" to the player since that's basically what the war did.
>>
>>4192713
Sure about that? It came out in 99 dude. Same year as Rainbow Six Rogue Spear. DF2 looked fucking hideous the year it came out. It looked like a damn DOS game. That being said it was fucking huge and had almost endless replayablity with it's badass mission editor. It was basically the Daggerfall of shooters. I currently have it installed and revisit it occasionally. I loved the level where you just swam through the swamp knifing people and listening to their hilarious death screams.
>>
>>4190297

That game was a piece of shit. Once I got the to jungle missions with land mines everywhere and random carpet bombings, I said fuck it.
>>
>>4192648
I have the EXACT same memory of this game. Had a friend who had a 3D acceleration card and this game really looked so fucking amazing to me at the time. Even just that zoomed in reticle effect it had looked amazing to me lol.
>>
>>4193831
for >>4192713
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.