[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /vr/ please explain to me how someone could not only enjoy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 6hNTgxS.png (304KB, 502x285px) Image search: [Google]
6hNTgxS.png
304KB, 502x285px
Can /vr/ please explain to me how someone could not only enjoy the US version of Sonic CD's OST, but actually like it more than the original version?
>>
>how do people have their own taste?
This is what you sound like. Fuck off to >>>/v/
>>
>>4189165
music is subjective
usa ost is alright, but no usa "past" tracks kill it
>>
the same way people can like pro wrestling or gangsta rap I guess
>>
>>4189165

Because of Pastiche.
>>
>>4189165

I could but the tone and nature of your question implies you're already unwilling to listen to whatever answer anyone might have and just wanted to be a dick
>>
>>4189165
I fucking hate that overanimated title screen
>>
>>4189529
I am aware of who you are referring to and I am also replying to you.
>>
>>4189529
>overanimated
One of my favorite buzzwords.
>>
>>4189165
What a stupid question.
>>
>4189165 (You)
>>>/v/
>>
because a couple of songs are objectively better. Tidal Tempest is far better and Stardust Speedway is debatable.
>>
>>4189213

This. Sonic Boom fucking destroys "You Can Do Anything", the latter isn't bad exactly but it's clear most people think of the former when they hear "Sonic CD theme". Also didn't help that the remake removed the lyrics in YCDA and kept them for Sonic Boom.
>>
>>4189165
>but actually like it more than the original version?
This is likely a case of them being exposed to the US versions first, and holding nostalgia for them. That, or they just have shit taste.
>>
>>4189698
>Tidal Tempest is far better
I prefer the mysterious atmosphere of the JP version by far.
>>
>>4189910
>Sonic Boom fucking destroys "You Can Do Anything"
WHAT

You Can Do Anything is pure brilliance.
>>
>>4190201

I like You Can Do Anything but the lyrics have fucking nothing to do with anything, it's call-and-response nonsense like a bad B-52s tribute. Sonic Boom links to the plot in a more direct way and just sounds like a bigger deal.
>>
>>4189165
Because I do
and
PSX
>>
I liked both versions, US for nostalgia and JP for fitting in with sonic more
>>
>>4189173
Nah kid I'm here to stay and you just gotta deal with it. I know confrontation is scary ;_;
>>
TOOT TOOT SONIC WARRIOR TOOT TOOT SONIC WARRIOR
>>
I find the US soundtrack to match the zones better. Sonic Boom is better than that nonsense from the Jap intro.
I like having drastically different Past music and having the other times' tracks not be remixes of the same tunes as their past versions is a treat.

From the second Palmtree Panic starts, the Jap soundtrack gets on my nerves.
>>
>>4190232
Plus "Little Planet" is fucking god-tier no matter the context
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.