[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Digimon World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_9045.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9045.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Anybody to share records and memories?
>>
My uncle had this game when I was a kid, but I never made much progress in it. If I strayed too far from the starting town, I got annihilated, and more often than not, my digimon turned into something crappy. Sometimes literally crappy.
>>
>>4189115
I know that feel, this game blows your head at the very beginning. I still dont understand how do I make progress by evolving to Numemon (green slime) over and over xD
>>
Poo.
Ghost.
Poo.
Ghost.
Poo.
No, really. Ghost.
>>
File: IMG_9064.jpg (10KB, 170x165px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9064.jpg
10KB, 170x165px
>>4189174
Ghost was strong enough to kick some asses
>>
>>4189174
Didn't the poo evolve into something pretty awesome?
>>
>>4189208
getting teddymon is pretty hard
>>
>>4189219
Yeah you need to beat a lot of digiassholes with the poo until you reach at the place where is the monzaemon costume
>>
File: Drimogemon.png (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Drimogemon.png
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>4189102
This game always kicked my ass. My Gabumon digivolved into Drimogemon, at which point the fucker put more shit into his mouth than the Donald at a cakery...and I couldn't figure out how to feed him anymore.
>>
Getting an ultimate was very hard
>>
>>4189102
I got this game after a couple of friends talked about playing it. I was pretty into Digimon at the time. I can still remember getting it from the shop and reading the back cover and the booklet thing on the way back to the house.

First champion: Monochromon (I was probably trying to get Greymon or something, but didn't know how; still, it was fun).
First ultimate: MetalMamemon (awesome finisher; looked cool in the game opening, too).

I was quite obsessed with playing this game after getting it, exploring the island and trying out all different kinds of digivolutions. Lots of nostalgia.

I did the whole get 100 prosp. points without dying, too (Agumon -> Numemon -> Monzaemon).
>>
File: 14504188887.jpg (92KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
14504188887.jpg
92KB, 500x417px
>>4189183
Bakemon was great. it could learn thunder bolt, and the only other champion who could learn it was devimon.
>>
I was really disapointed when I discovered that beating the post-end game apperances of Machinedramon, nothing special happened.

Still, it's my favourite digimon game. I wish they made a proper next gen version of it (and for consoles, not handheld). (It would be better if it was for high end PCs, but I don't have any hope of it).
>>
>be like 10 or so when this game came out
>love the fuck out of it
>finally get a Digimon with amazing stats and moves
>it dies
>get another Digimon
>it dies
>stop playing the game

IIRC years later I found out there was a way to "save" your Digimon and pass on moves and stats?
>>
>>4190780
moves are always passed. but each digimon can only use some moves.

but other than that, as far as I know, no.

however you could store your digimon to fight against other people. (other real people that have the game).
>>
>>4190784
STORING DIGIMON that was it.

I never knew you could store and basically save the strong Digimon for a boss fight. Where couldyou store them?
>>
>>4190802
I don't remember, it was somewhere in jijimon's house.

But I don't think you could store digimon to fight a boss or something like that. You stored digimon to fight in a pseudo-tournament against other player (that used his memory card in the console) with his digimons.

Like the children doing digimon battle in the opening cinematic.

You don't use the digimon you stored in the main game.
In the main game, to progress, when you adquire a stronger digimon, you use it to win agains a boss that will make the village better, and then when your digimon die, with the village better, you can make you digimon grow to become an even stronger digimon, and the process continues.

The learned moves are passed to the new digimon, but only that.
>>
I remember collecting Digimon metal cards from Taco Bell kids meals.
>>
>>4189183
And he could talk to ghosts at the Greylord Mansion.
>>
>>4189809
Technically, Sukamon is an ultimate.
>>
>>4190802
You could only store them for multiplayer, not single player. Two people using two memory cards could battle stored Digimon on those cards in an arena.
>>
I was pretty autistic playing this. I went through the Numemon/Sukamon phase, but eventually figured out enough of the mechanics to get reasonably good at the game. Used to ignore the thought bubble and train brains for all the filth moves.

I learned Spinning Shot from Patamon. Getting a digimon that could use that move and spamming recovery floppies was my go-to strat for a lot of the game. I'd go Patamon into Angemon, that's what I had the first time I beat Machinedramon.

I didn't know what the save after that battle did. I didn't want to lose all my progress so I went months without knowing about the post-game stuff.

I remember not knowing what half the items actually did because my digimon refused to eat half of them. One time I was stuck in the scenery in Freezeland with an auto-pilot and a Patamon that refused to take it. At that point I was ready to wait until it died. That's when I learned how scolding worked.

First ultimate I got was Vademon with the in-game hours thing. From then on I was able to get Agumon->Tyrannomon->Megadramon pretty consistently with the right amount of training. I got others now and again, but it felt like pure luck. Evolution items just aren't worth it.

I got most of the digimon to the city myself although it took a long time. The only ones I didn't figure out on my own were Frigimon and MetalMamemon.

I had a worse version of the Mojyamon money trick; catching 99 digi-anchovies and trading them for Hi-Speed Disks.

10/10 game
>>
>get Megaseadramon as a kid
>feel like my life is complete
>>
File: DigimonWorldRecords.png (176KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DigimonWorldRecords.png
176KB, 640x480px
This is as far as I got before I wanted to stop playing.
>>
>>4193461
Why?
>>
File: 1delete.jpg (121KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
1delete.jpg
121KB, 250x249px
This game came out when I was 13. I loved the Digimon anime on FOX ( I wanted to be Mimi IRL) and the show was my only exposure to Digimon at that point. I saw Digimon World for sale at Target and saved up chore money til I could buy it. I didn't have internet back then so I couldn't research the game or anything and I assumed it was based on the anime. I couldn't fucking wait to play as or interact directly with Mimi.
I opened the case on the car ride home and thumbed through the manual excitedly. No Digidestined, no Mimi. Huh. Still, it's Digimon, so I believed they must be in there.

Imagine my disappointment when I got through the intro cut scene and didn't see any of the Digidestined. By the time I'd put some hours into the game and accomplished the first few goals and STILL hadn't seen reference to the show, I was so confused and felt there had to be some kind of mistake.

There was a "comments" card inside the booklet you could fill out and mail to the publisher. I don't remember what all was on the card, but I distinctly remember writing that I was very unhappy that there was "no Mimi or Joe or Tai or Matt or any of the Digimon characters in the game!."

Even so, I kept playing the game (with a burning desire to get Lilymon) and ended up liking it a lot. I never beat it, and I never got Lilymon. I still own it. I also enjoyed the two sequels, particularly part 3.
>>
watched the cutscenes on youtube no too long ago, shit is still comfy to watch aside the voice acting
>>
>>4189102
>get ayylmaomon, steamroll for awhile
>get to FUCKING gear savannah
>game crashes because of shitty PS1
>couldn't beat the game until 2005, when I got a computer good enough to emulate PS1 games
>>
This game was fun. When I was a kid, I got good enough at it to be able to always at least get a champion digimon that wasn't Sukamon, but I never beat it. Shit was ludicrously hard. Revisiting it years later, I didn't have the patience to figure it out again.

I remember the day I got it, my family wanted to watch some baseball game on the only TV in our house, and I was so excited for it to hurry up and end and it ended up going into extra innings until they finally cancelled it in the 14th due to rain. I was so fucking mad at all the people in the crowd screaming "let them play!" because I wanted to play Digimon. Of course, I was like 10 at the time.
>>
>>4193754
Why did I play that long? Because I had a good time. It's a good game.
>>
Game is easy as fuck if you know what's up. Get a champion, grind a strong move and you can beat the game in less than 2 hours.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.