[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Klik & Play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: K&P.jpg (145KB, 800x942px) Image search: [Google]
K&P.jpg
145KB, 800x942px
Anyone remember this? The retro game that let you make retro games?

Been trying for years to find some old K&P games I once downloaded, but sadly I believe they're lost to the ether.
>>
It's pretty limited compared to later Clickteam releases like Click n Create and Multimedia Fusion; it doesn't even support scrolling, although a couple enterprising individuals figured out some kludgey ways of doing it. But damn, you can do some impressive stuff in MMF; the Sonic fangaming scene has some very feature complete MMF engines.
>>
>>4188081
TAKE THAT ROMEO
>>
>>4188094
*whipcrack*
>>
>Be 8 years old
>Friend tells me he got Klik & Play and asks if I want to come over and try out some games
>He shows of them but wants to play Romeo
>See that space shooter
>Oh man that looks rad as fuck I want to play that
>Friend tells me he is not allowed to play violent games
>Call him buttfondler and push him aside time to play
>Get really into it
>His mom found us playing it
>Starts beating us with a belt
>She calls my dad
>He's an alcoholic and couldn't care less
>Friend was forced to spend the rest of the day in the garage and even sleep there
>His parents locked me up naked with his older sister, also naked, into their basement as punishment
>Nothing down there to do but read a bible and typewriter without any paper
>Forced to piss into a bucket
>Get to go home the day after
>Steal his copy of klik & play and never go back again
>>
>>4188134
>Europeans will never appreciate a classic American childhood like this
>>
>>4188235
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2356748/Cellar-Josef-Fritzl-kept-daughter-sex-slave-24-years-filled-200-tons-cement.html
>>
>>4188081
I'm also gutted that so many creations have been lost to time. You can still get some of the games via Archive.org via Silky's.
>>
This thread has aroused me.
>>
I haven't used Klik & Play but I got really really good with The Games Factory and eventually MMF2 because of scenes like >>4188091 mentioned. Idk if anyone cares but I'm actually making a fighting game in their engine. It's based off Yu Yu Hakusho's Sunset Fighters system if anyone is familiar.
>>
>>4188081
>make retro games
True. In 95 the only things retro were stuff like pong and 2600 and that's about the level of sophistication this can handle.
>>
>>4188829
Me too. Especially the "older sister" part.
>>
Man, I spent so many hours on KnP in my childhood years. It was ridiculously limited compared to even The Games Factory but still it was fun to do your own pixel art and simple games with huge libraries of midi music.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.