[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wario Land 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: WL3.jpg (47KB, 481x432px) Image search: [Google]
WL3.jpg
47KB, 481x432px
Just started Wario Land 3 and it feels really strange, it has a completely different vibe to all the other Mario and Wario games. Anyone else notice this? General thoughts on Wario Land 3 welcome.
>>
File: wario land 3 - peaceful village.gif (152KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
wario land 3 - peaceful village.gif
152KB, 500x434px
I like it. Some people don't.

We regularly argue about this here.
>>
I started playing it for the first time last month. It's linear but deceptive about it with this branching illusion of open worldness, which ends up being a fault. I took about a 4 day break from the game and then couldn't remember where the fuck I was supposed to go next before I forgot what next tricky-trick I had unlocked. I'm basically stuck now.
>>
>>4188074
just watch some random longplay and skip through the levels, or consult a guide

2 always felt like a beta for 3.
>>
>>4188074
Talk to the creepy face. He'll tell you which direction to go to
>>
>>4188273
Wasn't there also a way to replay the effect of the last item on the world-map?
>>
>>4188289
Yes, by pressing select. But it only works right after an item was used.
>>
File: 1492805618.jpg (74KB, 910x682px) Image search: [Google]
1492805618.jpg
74KB, 910x682px
>>4187961
The vibe you're feeling is it being the shittiest Nintendo-developed Wario platformer.

VB > 1 > 4 > 2 >>>> 3
>>
>>4190124
>I didn't like it so it must be bad

Here we go again with the people shitposting their """opinions""" without stating a single fact to support their arguments.
>>
>>4190189
WL3 is objectively flawed though, don't make me link to that one article again.
>>
>>4190308
>don't make me link to that one article again
Surely the distaste of a single person other than yourself will qualify it as a bad game. If I linked you to an article that says game X was bad, surely that would prove that X was bad, right?

Of course it's not perfect. Barely anything is. But the obsessive nitpicking about what is basically a really solid and fun game is incomprehensible to me.

Not all sequels will be like the game that came before it. That's a good thing. Even if you keep crying about how they just so happened to change some aspects which you were rather fond of. It's unfortunate, yes, but that doesn't disqualify an entry into a series.
>>
>>4187961
I never finished it. Actually, I never got far at all with it. I never really warmed up to the "unlock abilities as you progress in the game". I don't mind that sort of shtick in general, but it didn't seem to fit the Wario Land platformer setup.
>>
>>4187961
It's the only Game Boy Color game I put as much time into as Pokemon Silver. It's great.
>>
>>4187961
wario land 3 p gud mang
>>
File: goemon-dynamite.png (5KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
goemon-dynamite.png
5KB, 320x288px
Superior GBC platformer coming through.
>>
>>4187961
That may be because it has a SMB World kind of design to it. You are in a world rather than going from level to level.

The pacing of the game is messed up. They intentionally went for this however. I don't think it worked to the games favor though. It only made going through the game needlessly confusing with lots of backtracking to previous levels. When you beat the game you will unlock the time attack mode which has all levels unlocked. This is a lot better imo because you get to go through the levels at your own pace rather than constantly jumping from level to level. They should have simplified the world design a bit making it work similar to how SMB World worked. Would have been a lot better for the game. The worst part of this game though is that abilities you had in 2 you have to unlock in 3 which is very dumb since Wario isn't Samus. He isn't in a power armor suit. It is pretty dumb honestly that he just forgets his abilities.

With all this said though the game is still good. Had they designed the game to pace better like SMB World example I gave and had they allowed for Wario to have all abilities at once it would be the best WL game. It has the best visuals and best music/sound of the 2D games. Because of this I prefer WL2.
>>
>>4187961
>>4190523
Also would like to mention about the key hunting that I forgot. This was a pretty neat idea. The problem being the way they did it. So the idea was good but the execution wasn't as good. So like I said with SMB World, having Wario stay at each stage until he gets all keys and has all abilities unlocked right from the start would probably have made for a better game. Or alternatively they could have possibly went for a SML 2 style of world design where you have more freedom in what levels you can go to. Both would have been far better than what they did here for WL3.
>>
>>4187961
I only played 4 and 3. Loved 4 but hated how 3 was laid out, playing levels in 30 second micro chunks is annoying. Have yet to try out 1 or 2.
>>
>>4190638
You'll love VB and 1 then.
>>
Having to relearn how to do even basic moves is pretty annoying.
>>
>>4187961
only wario game i've played, so i have no basis
i had fun with it though
>>
>>4190402
Someone here has been really hyping that game for the last half a year or so.
>>
>>4187961
Wario Land 3 is pretty fun, the levels get pretty creative and challenging at times and I like the way the game is structured with how each level has four "exits" that are completed out of order in a sort of non-linear fashion. It's nice to revisit earlier levels and find new paths to take as new items change the levels slightly. I replayed it last year and had a lot of fun with it, but only got around 75% of the items (which I think 70% is the minimum for unlocking the final boss), 100%ing the game is a real ball buster from what I remember. I haven't played WL4 since I was younger but remember enjoying it a lot as well, but I kinda feel like I might enjoy 3 a bit more for its charm.
WL3 is also my mother's favorite video game, she likes Wario a lot because he has purple overalls.
>>
>>4191318
How does she feel about Waluigi?
>>
File: 1471210309804.jpg (125KB, 951x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471210309804.jpg
125KB, 951x1080px
>>4191318
>she likes Wario a lot because he has purple overalls
lol wut
>>
File: goemon-lewd2.gif (218KB, 384x312px) Image search: [Google]
goemon-lewd2.gif
218KB, 384x312px
>>4191303
Because it's fucking epic, like most Goemon games.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.