[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mortal Kombat has always been more fun to play than Street Fighter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 18

File: image05.jpg (232KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image05.jpg
232KB, 1024x768px
The only thing SF was good for was giving you thumb blisters on SNES pads from doing hadouken and shoryukens. In MK combat also felt far more satisfying than SF's ever felt.
>>
>>4187638
>/vr/ talks fighting games
>>
>>4187638
Street Fighter II. It sure was hard, and I never got good at it. The End.
>>
File: joy022.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
joy022.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
>>4187638
>giving you thumb blisters on SNES pads

>playing fighting games with a Dpad

Fucking pleb.
>>
>>4187670
Charges, fireballs and dragon punches are all too much for /vr/ to handle. At least their whining has moved beyond OMG SINGLE PLAYER MODE SO HARD!
>>
>>4187638
>MK good
>uses picture of MK3

Lel
>>
>>4187682
>>playing fighting games with a Dpad
>Fucking pleb.

http://kotaku.com/the-2014-evo-champ-just-won-using-a-ps1-controller-1604535870

No anon YOU are the fucking pleb.
>>
>>4187689
I obviously meant the series in general you pedantic autistic retard.
>>
>>4187698
>being this triggered
>>
>>4187708
calling someone what he is is being triggered? ok retard
>>
op, there are more ways to start a diplomatic discussion without throwing an opinion out like it's the final word.
>>
>>4187692
yeah I always thought arcade sticks were for idiot tryhards that don't mind wasting money 2bh. no reason for them at all.
>>
>>4187721
You realize everyone is just making fun of you, right?
>>
>>4187739
tell me more retard
>>
>>4187727
I think that it is easier to do some inputs on an arcade stick but the way they get treated like some indicator of skill is ridiculous.
>>
>>4187727
It depends on what you learned on and built the muscle memory for. For people who played a lot of arcade they find a stick worth it. But if you learned playing pad or keyboard it's not worth switching.
>>
>>4187745
So your whole plan was to make a thread about how much you suck just so people will point and laugh? If that's what floats your boat...
>>
>>4187748
fair enough, but why then are kids still buying fight sticks today when there is no more arcade culture?
>>
>>4187747
No one but plebs believes thst these days.>>4187752
>>
>>4187751
tell me more retard
>>
>>4187752
Stick is generally thought of as slightly better so if you're starting fresh or still early learning and don't mind the cost it's worth it.

Also people still buying into the old myth as well.
>>
>>4187752
The difference is so slight and overshadowed by overall skill that what you choose to play on doesn't really matter. That said, pad is eaiest to learn while being overall the least accurate. Stick is an excellent middle ground that gives a lot of control and speed with 4 fingers over 1 thumb (unless you're one of those weirdos who plays pad with all fingers). Keyboard is potentially the fastest and most accurate of them all but is a bitch to learn.
>>
>>4187638
I never played SF on a console until like 2007 when I got the anthology shit on PS2...but my SNES dpads are nice and smooth so I don't see how they'd be a problem...maybe if you use shitty third party controllers.

Both games were fun in the arcade back when they came out, though.
>>
>>4188895
Babies can't into diagonals on a cross pad.
>>
>>4187638
I feel you on that, MK for myself was just a fun casual game and I didn't really give a shit about " being a pro ". Each to their own I guess, I'm not being ignorant on the fact that SF was a more deeper fighter, but I was a sucker for the dark tone and designs.
>>
File: 1501179619556.jpg (28KB, 720x392px) Image search: [Google]
1501179619556.jpg
28KB, 720x392px
>>4188895
Fresh Snes controller Dpads gave us life long callouses.
>still got mine.
>though they aren't as thick as before.
>fire hurts now, lmao
>>
>>4187638
I always thought of them as Anime and B-Movies, respectively.
Gotta say, love 'em both.
Owned 'em both.
2 Different versions of Snes SF2 and Snes Mk2 and 3.
>>
>>4187793
You mean hitbox, not keyboard
>>
>>4189350
SF is not anime. Darkstalkers is the anime game of Capcom fighters.
>>
>>4189367
SF came out before DS, DF.
>Sf was first, hence the comparison.
>>
>>4187638
Not really.

I think Mortal Kombat XL might be better than Street Fighter V, but the old SF games were clearly better than the old MK games.
>>
>>4189371
Who cares which one came first? Fatal Fury came out before MK. What type of media does that represent?
>>
>>4189380
What I would've said instead of SF, if I had't played SF first.
And I mean Part 1 first. Part 2 was just more anime-y looking.
Mk seemed B-Movie-ish because clearly, it was just a buncha people dressed up in dorky costumes. Doing dorky kung fu moves. Making dorky faces lol.
>The late 80's-early 90's were a special time.
>>
>>4187752
Because memes. Same reason this board has a hard on for Trinitons. Internet tells them to buy something and they do it blindly.
>>
>>4189390
Why waste a perfectly good, knob channel changer Trinitron on anything but Nes and down.
People are weird.
>>
>>4187638
This is true for 1 and especially 2. 3 and on, not so much.
>>
>>4187638
>MK
>Hype for months
>Release
>everybody play it for 2 weeks, then it's dead as fuck because everyone saw all the fatilities.
>>
>>4189361
Is that supposed to be a joke?
>>
>>4189418
lol but UMK3 is easily the best MK and arguably the single best game in the entire series. MK2 fags are such plebs.
>>
>>4189708
MK3 is the lowest point for the series. MK1 was innovative and fun, MK2 perfected what it was going for. MK3 added dial combos and running but didn't know how to do them well yet so it's a complete clusterfuck. Series didn't start improving again till 9 which was decent, then X which is actual good again.
>>
>>4187638
> Juggles and uppercuts the game.
>>
>>4187692
It actually made me mad knowing that because I used to use the ps1 og controller for alpha 3 since it was so much lighter than a dualshock.
>>
>>4187682
Sticks are pretty shit if you're not standing up.
Pads are pretty shit if you're not sitting down.
>>
>>4189713
It's DDR with an MK skin slapped on. Some neat characters and concepts, but a super shitty addition to the series in a lot of ways. I was a massive MK fan before 3 hit.
>>
>>4189716
Pad is better than stick for MK because there are no diagonals in the series.
>>
>>4189720
Same here 3 was such a huge letdown for me in pretty much every way even though I still played the shit out of it. Balance was always the series' week point and it shows in spades with 3. UMK3 was an absolute necessity.
>>
>>4189724
True dat.
>>
>>4187752
I haven't been into a fighting game in a while years but I remember playing Soul Calibur with a pad very extensively and then getting a chance to try the arcade version and it was even easier to complete combos cause of the precise diagonal and being able to use all of my fingers for the buttons (comfortably, I know people some people use an asymmetrical grip on pads).

some people are using them cause they perceive it as extra leet or something but I personally remember immediately liking it more even being used to and somewhat skilled with a pad
>>
>came here expecting a nice thread
>its nothing but shitposting and sticks x pads

I WANT /V/ TO LEAVE THIS BOARD FOR GOOD
>>
>>4189712
it's not a clusterfuck. you just suck massive dicks and it's too fast for your granny reflexes. mk2 is brain dead and boring. only thing mk2 gets over umk3 is art style but gameplay wise it doesn't hold a candle to it.
>>
>>4189803
> Infinite juggles and uppercuts the game now with dial-a-combos.
>>
>>4189864
competitive UMK3 gameplay looks like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tinitviQ7iM

meanwhile MK2 looks like the slow ass, made-for-retards shit that it's always looked like
>>
>>4189786
So let me get this straight, you came into a thread on 4chan where the first sentence was,
>The only thing SF was good for was giving you thumb blisters on SNES pads from doing hadouken and shoryukens.

And you expected a "nice" thread? I don''t know where you took a wrong turn, but this is not the right website for you.
>>
>>4189803
When did I say it was too fast? That's not it's problem at all. Neither 2 or 3 are worth playing at this point, but gun to my head I'd far rather spend time with 2. 3 sucked so hard it killed my love of Mortal Kombat for over 10 years.
>>
>>4189786
Holy shit youre stupid holy fucking SHIT
>>
>>4189916
well you complained about its running aspect and branded it a 'clusterfuck' in part because of it. therefore if the players weren't able to run it would probably be more your pace and obviously much slower. nice damage control gramps but you are obviously full of shit.
>>
>>4189925
The run button is badly implemented but the whole game isn't too fast. Anyways, if you like it that's fine. I know some people did. But you sound like an edgy 12 year old so I don't really care what your opinion is.
>>
>>4189939
>The run button is badly implemented
lol no it isn't at all, you're just a retard grasping at straws of vapid criticism that hold no water. you sound like an average /vr/ idiot that sucks at video games so good riddance to you dickhead.

and UMK3/MKT is probably the fastest and most aggressive retro fighter ever made hands down. git gud or shut up you slow fucking damage controlling retard.
>>
MK seems tailored for SNES style controllers rather than arcade sticks, I've tried playing it with an arcade stick and it's a mess unlike pretty much every other arcade fighter. How do you even pull off fatalities with a joystick?
>>
>>4189972
There's no need to get so upset about it dude. I didn't like the game, you did. Whatever.
>>
>>4189867
Well UMK3 fixed the infinite juggles and huge imbalances from MK3.
>>
>>4189978
I had no problems with fatalities on UMK3 arcade. Most of guys playing this machine had no problems, so maybe you just suck with sticks. There are people who play better on stick, and there are those who are better on SNES style controllers. I can play both, but i prefer the stick.
>>
File: umkt.png (67KB, 638x448px) Image search: [Google]
umkt.png
67KB, 638x448px
Do you guys play the UMKT hack? It basically has all characters from MK1, 2, 3, U in one game, everyone can run and do combos, etc.
>>
>>4189978
The pros in this vid >>4189867 are playing with sticks m8.
>>
>>4189903
I was about to reply about Sega Genesis and pads that are actually more comfortable than the snes but then i read the replies

>>4189921
You know what? Just fuck you.
>>
>>4189867
That final match tho.
>>
File: justo.jpg (75KB, 634x680px) Image search: [Google]
justo.jpg
75KB, 634x680px
>dedicated block button on a 2D fighting game
>>
>>4187638
What was the height of Mortal Kombat? I think aesthetically UMK wins all the way
>>
>>4190619
why does this cause so much autism among you retards? so the fuck what? if anything it gives you more freedom since you're thus able to move backwards while the opponent is attacking instead of automatically blocking. why are you such a retarded ugly mouthbreather anon? why are you so unloved? be honest
>>
>>4190619
Speaking as someone who prefers the aesthetics of SF over MK and is not even good at fighters, why is having a block button bad?

Block button is very common in 3D fighters.
Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive, Virtua Fighter, Bloody Roar all have block button.

Tekken is the exception.
>>
>>4190668
>Block button is very common in 3D fighters.
And it makes sense, but not in 2D.
>>4190650
>talks about autism
>spergs outs when confronted with criticism.
>>
>>4190246
What version is this? Don't recall the character select screen with so many colours for each character.
>>
>>4190678
you have literally no counter argument you unloved autist. block button is objectively superior to holding back to block for the aforementioned reasons. present a counter argument or get fucked you ugly bastard.
>>
Is Mortal Kombat trilogy on ps1 any good?
>>
>>4189867
Wow that looks shitty.
>>
>>4190885
>talks about arguments
>ad-hominem out the ass

Here's my argument: Street Fighter is objectively better than Mortal Kombat.
>>
>>4190668
>>4190885
Not him but block button makes cross ups impossible. For some people that's a good thing. There's a reason even NRS is giving up on using a block button now and holding back is preferred by virtually everyone.

Also it's interesting how you go from saying you're not even good at these games to yelling about how you must be right. Chill the heck out.
>>
>>4189867
I love Tekken 2 and MK2's slower speed, don't talk shit about them
>>
>>4190892
The game stops to read the disc for a second every time Shang Tsung changes form.

The rest of the game is fine.
>>
>>4190923
>Also it's interesting how you go from saying you're not even good at these games
exactly where did I say this you fuck ugly unloved autist?
>>
>>4190909
but anon that's not your mirror lol
>>
>>4190936
make me bitch. MK2 sucks dicks and UMK3 shits all over it.
>>
>>4191115
I know UMK3 is more tournament oriented but I don't give a shit about those.
>>
>>4190914
>no argument
lol such a fucking ugly cunt

Block button is objectively superior.

More freedom. Can move backwards while enemy is attacking. It also allows you to block whenever you want, thus allowing you to b8 more behaviours from your opponent. Being able to block only when the opposing player attacks is more limiting, this shouldn't even have to be explained, but alas you're a retard stuck in memethink. You literally have no counter argument and are just a fantastic fucking ugly retard. I bet you've never even give a woman an orgasm you fucking retarded anime watching socially stunted ass-pull. Not even your mother loves you you worthless son of a bitch. Get fucking rekt you hopeless dickweed.
>>
>>4189390
Trinitrons aren't really a meme, an overwhelming majority of aperture grille CRTs are trinitrons and you'll be hard pressed to find other non-sony models.

Paying >$100 for a PVM that got left on 24/7 for 15 years in a mall security office is the real meme.
>>
>>4191126
Nice tantrum.
>>
>>4187638
I always thought Mortal Kombat was fun to play but only because of the pre-rendered sprites and fatalities. Everything else about the game is complete shit.

Street Fighter, on the other hand, is a thoroughly fun, thought-out experience in which the fighting is actually good. It's timeless and I'm always pleased to play it.

It pains me to say this, but current MK games beat the shit out of the original series....and Street Fighter anything beats the shit out of the entirety of MK.

Also, these ladies...
>>
>>4191126
mortal kombat fanboys, everyone.
>>
KOF > SF
KI > MK
>>
>>4191465
KI is probably the only western fighting game that got it right.
>>
>>4187638
You play MK if you enjoy spectacle. You play SF if you enjoy an actual fighting game.
>>
>>4191430
>>4191461
NO. ARGUMENT. UGLY. FUCKBOYS. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
>>
>>4191603
lol okay kiddo
>>
>>4191608
lol okay you ugly virgin.
>>
>>4191609
>block button

:)
>>
>>4191630
>no argument
:^)
>>
>>4191126
ugly
>>4191603
UGLY
>>4191609
>ugly virgin
Some hard projection going on in here.
You should stop complaining and visit a shrink anon, you have self-esteem issues, especially if you defend the block button in MK.
>>
>>4191654
Someone already pointed out block button makes cross ups impossible. I'm not trying to debate you, just laugh because you have no idea what you're even talking about.

Also all your comebacks are just allcaps weak insults. It all goes together into the perfect package of a true MK fan.
>>
>>4187727
The appeal was always much more to do with muh authenticity and wanting to be able to compete in actual arcades but since that medium is no longer necessary even at evo it's a moot point, aside from some leet stick wankers i think more and more we are starting to see people realize it's not about the control method but just being comfortable and then getting good. We get the same bollocks in thee shmup community but its dying out more as great players emerge using pads and keyboards to, its all just preference.

>>4189714
I still use og ps1 pad but i mod the dpad slightly just removing the obstructive center cross and sanding the face a bit so it sticks out more, best pad ever and i play shmups very competently with it. Always listen to yourself and go with what feels natural to you.
>>
>>4191667
>projection
there it is. 4chink babby's favourite I KNOW U R BUT WHAT AM I buzzword. lol get fucked u ugly virgin.

>>4191676
>Someone already pointed out block button makes cross ups impossible.
and so the flying fuck what? cross-ups are still the result of gameplay limitation, which I've already pointed out. you ain't laughing at shit you hopeless ugly failed abortion of a virgin.
>>
>>4191687
>cross-ups are still the result of gameplay limitation

You''re hilarious. Nice allcaps though. Everyone can tell you're a real winner.
>>
>>4191687
Seems it's not the first time people caught you irrationally projecting so hard.
Go visit a shrink, freak.

>block button
jfc
>>
>>4191695
>no argument

the virgin continues :^)

>>4191696
>>
>>4191695
>You''re
Someone's pretty mad right now lol.
>>
>>4191701
Weaker gameplay is it's own argument, I don't need to add anything. All you have is namecalling. So keep trying with that, I guess.
>>
>>4191685
I mained gold ken all day err day so those single frame shoryukens are so much easier without that heavy analog stick in the way. Never had a problem with the dpad they had some pretty short travel.
>>
>>4191701
>projection continues
Seriously, what kind of logic lies behind "I'll suddenly claim that these guys who are opposing my opinion are ugly virgins" other than projection?
Don't worry, sex can be bought. But I'm not sure if your ugmo face can be fixed by any surgeon.
>>
>>4191703
Why would you quote me and then add and extra apostrophe? That's weird man, I know you're getting defensive over this but come on. No one really cares if you like MK, but trying to say it's a better fighting game because it uses a block button is hilarious. And with that I have better things to do, so enjoy your yelling and namecalling.
>>
>>4191704
>I don't need to add anything
because you don't actually have anything but a baseless comment which you have no arguments for. 'muh cross-ups' is the result of gameplay limitation, meanwhile block button is objectively superior as explained here >>4191126. stay ugly and unloved tho

>>4191706
>>
>>4191710
I'm not actually the kid you're arguing with, sorry guy.
>>
>>4191713
>block button
>character completely stops moving
Talk about gameplay limitations.
On top of that, MK is very stiff and has sketchy hitboxes, it needing a button to block only adds to the trainwreck.
But if you like that shit, more power to you. Just don't go around pretending your wrong opinion is right.
Also visit a doctor.
>>
>>4191734
>>character completely stops moving
yeah when you press it lol, which is your choice retard. another aspect of why blocking is superior in MK is because in SF all you have to do is hold back and it acts as a catch-all net for whenever your opponent attacks. in MK you purposefully have to press block when the attack happens, which I guess is too much for you retards to handle.
>sketchy hitboxes
lol only thing sketchy here is your ugly ass face 2bh m8
>>
File: 735.gif (27KB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
735.gif
27KB, 290x189px
>>4191740
>lol only thing sketchy here is your ugly ass face 2bh m8
>>
>>4191740
Well, there's a thing called footsies, blocking in SF is faster and requires better reflexes than trying to press the button when it's needed.
Also, blocking in MK have at least twice the animation frames, for both blocking and de-blocking, you can't do quick footsies in MK anyway so it's a moot point, but still shows how you have no idea about fighting games at all, and you keep projecting your own insecurities onto internet anonymous, sad.
>>
>>4191751
>>4191751
>blocking in SF is faster and requires better reflexes than trying to press the button when it's needed.
>better reflexes
yeah wow, hold back and it will automatically block, requires so much reflex and skill
>Also, blocking in MK have at least twice the animation frames, for both blocking and de-blocking
well that shows you have to be a lot more tactical with it rather than simply holding back and autoblocking everything. another element of skill.
>you can't do quick footsies in MK anyway
yes you can, UMK3 has very fast footsies you shit, do you think you can only sweep in the game? you don't know what you're talking about.

address the arguments made here and refute them one by one >>4191126. You cannot. you're also very ugly and unloved.
>>
>>4191765
>yeah wow, hold back and it will automatically block, requires so much reflex and skill
See? You have no idea about footsies and the importance of the blocking system in fighting games except in MK.
>well that shows you have to be a lot more tactical with it rather than simply holding back and autoblocking everything. another element of skill.
No, it just means it's slower and less dynamic. Requires less skill.
>yes you can, UMK3 has very fast footsies you shit,
If you want to call that footsies, then....
Then again, footsies with MK's blocking system is a joke.

I already addressed the arguments, get over it, Mortal Kombat isn't played seriously for many reasons, it's not just the block button thing, that's just the cherry at the top of a pile of shit.
But keep projecting, it's a bit awkward to see someone like this, but at the same time I'm morbidly curious.
So you're ugly, virgin and your parents never loved you, what else?
>>
>>4191782
did this faggot really try to claim Street Fighter 2 is faster than UMK3? it really doesn't get anymore delusional than this.
>I already addressed the arguments
no you did not, not anywhere, and you know you didn't because you can't. go ahead and show me the quoted post where you addressed these specific points:

>more freedom. ability to move backwards while opponent is attacking. ability to block whenever you want, rather than simply while opponent is attacking, thus allowing you to bait more behaviours from your opponent. you are not limited to block only when your opponent is attacking.
Facts. You cannot address these and you are an ugly unloved virgin. This will never change.

literally the ONLY thing you actually said was 'muh cross-ups', and again that is only another aspect of SF's blocking liitations.
>>
>>4191792
I'm not the guy who talked about the cross-ups, I simply don't think the blocking in MK allows for more freedom, on the contrary, it makes movement more limited, slower-paced.
The bait argument is funny, though, I'll give you that. Imagine baiting your opponents with MK's block animation, lol. Scruby as fuck, but funny thought.
>>
>>4191803
see? you still did not address those specific points because you can't. how can having a block button possibly make movement more limited when:

>more freedom. ability to move backwards while opponent is attacking. ability to block whenever you want, rather than simply while opponent is attacking, thus allowing you to bait more behaviours from your opponent. you are not limited to block only when your opponent is attacking.

Still no argument lol
>>
File: DSCF2151.jpg (1MB, 2703x1709px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF2151.jpg
1MB, 2703x1709px
>>4191814
>more freedom. ability to move backwards while opponent is attacking

Not them, but do you realize that you can still move backward while someone is attacking in Street Fighter? Holding back only turns into a block when an attack is imminently going to hit you. So it actually results in the players moving more.

Look at that vid someone posted of might level MK play. Frequently both dudes will just stop, block and flip between crouching and standing. You don't get that kind of turtling in most fighting games, so everything is faster and more aggressive.

There's a reason that no other fighting game adopted Mortal Kombat's block button. And why even Nether Realms only keeps it for MK and use a traditional blocking system for Injustice.

There's a lot I love about Mortal Kombat, but the block button really isn't worth defending.
>>
File: kimishima.jpg (26KB, 400x341px) Image search: [Google]
kimishima.jpg
26KB, 400x341px
>>4191814
>more freedom
False, it stops you more often.
>ability to move backwards while opponent is attacking.
You can easily do this in fighting games unless you are on the enemy attack's range. And still there's many ways to move backward while enemy is attacking, you'd know this if you played fighting games.
>ability to block whenever you want
More like the ability to stop and become a punching bag when you want. The bait thing is laughable.
>you are not limited to block only when your opponent is attacking.
And what is this good for? Performing scorpion's fatality?

disclaimer: I do this for fun, you're plainly wrong anyway, I don't need to prove anything.
>>
>>4191814
>you are not limited to block only when your opponent is attacking.

But a lot of street fighter characters have charge moves, so they're doing something while they block. MK is just blocking.
>>
>>4191907
>>4191910
>False
Nope. I have a choice of moving backwards or choosing to block, even when close within an enemy's range this makes a difference as some attacks will actually miss you. In SF you are compelled to block rather than be able to move backwards. Since you have no understanding of these nuances it will be lost on you. Bottom line, block button = more freedom.
>And still there's many ways to move backward while enemy is attacking
yes everybody knows about using moves or jumping away, you don't have to be a fucking genius to know this you fucking ugly autist. In MK however you have those options, AND the option to back away, and the option to intentionally block.
>More like the ability to stop and become a punching bag when you want.
a fighting game is based on action and reaction. blocking will make your opponent react and adds an extra dimension to gameplay.
>And what is this good for?
see above

Sorry virgin weeb pedo but still no arguments here :^)
>>
>>4191976
>But a lot of street fighter characters have charge moves
lol MK has charge moves too, Liu Kang's bicycle kick for example.
>>
>>4191978
>block button = more freedom.
No, you can still go back in SF and it stops you less often, as opposed to the block button, which makes the game slower.
>yes everybody knows about using moves or jumping away
It's funny how you think I was implying jumping away, typical of a MK fanboy.
>In MK however you have those options, AND the option to back away, and the option to intentionally block.
Yeah as I said, you have the option to become a useless punching bag for a generous amounts of frames.
>a fighting game is based on action and reaction. blocking will make your opponent react and adds an extra dimension to gameplay.
You're still going with that "bait behavior" nonsense? LOL, I'd actually like to fight you and see you try that strategy. Is MK on fightcade?
>>
>>4191987
>game slower
lol, except street fighter 2 runs at a fucking turtle's pace you ugly virgin
>Yeah as I said, you have the option to become a useless punching bag for a generous amounts of frames.
shows you have no understanding of the gameplay, just like you have no understanding of giving a woman an orgasm :^)
>You're still going with that "bait behavior" nonsense? LOL, I'd actually like to fight you and see you try that strategy. Is MK on fightcade?
implying I care about fighting some ugly nerd online on some shitty platform lol. I'm on a mac here you ugly virgin not gonna be setting this shit up for you
>>
File: sfe_honda_toys_ha.gif (374KB, 520x328px) Image search: [Google]
sfe_honda_toys_ha.gif
374KB, 520x328px
>>4191991
>except street fighter 2 runs at a fucking turtle's pace you ugly virgin
What is Turbo.
Also, no, really, the block button makes you stop and lose a lot of frame time.
Of course you don't have the guts to fight an "ugly" (projection!) nerd online, poser.
>>
>>4191983
Not a charge. Do you even play MK?
>>
All anyone has to do is watch that video to see how a block button is shitty for a fighting game. You never see two characters in SF just stop in the middle of nowhere and block at each other. It looks retarded.
>>
>>4191998
it is a charge you dunce. hold LK for four seconds and release, google it dumbass.
>>4191996
>What is Turbo.
about a billion times slower than UMK3
>Of course you don't have the guts to fight an "ugly" (projection!) nerd online, poser.
it's not about having the guts, it's about not giving a fuck you tryhard lol. now answer me this with utmost honesty: when was the last time you were in a vag?
>>
>>4192001
>It looks retarded.
that's not your face though desu
>>
>>4192004
>about a billion times slower than UMK3
Oh yeah, UMK3, that game that has another bad idea: run button.
If we're gonna talk UMK3, then let's talk SFA2 and 3 on max turbo speed, rapes the shit out of UMK3, and has proper fighting game mechanics.
>it's not about having the guts
Oh yes it is, you chickened out, anon.
>it's about not giving a fuck
But you sure keep replying, you do give a fuck.
About the vag etc: last night, I have sex on the reg, I'm not obsessed with it like you, because I actually get it.
>>
>>4192004
>about a billion times slower than UMK3
Is that a joke?

>>4192005
If you like watching guys blocking and crouching then more power to you, but at least try to understand why virtually no one else who is interested in fighting games thinks that's good.
>>
>>4192007
>chickened out
okay, i chickened out of fighting you in a video game, ooooooh. irl you wouldn't even be able to make eye contact with me.
>last night, I have sex on the reg, I'm not obsessed with it like you, because I actually get it.
lol no you do not, 100%, especially with a statement like that. stay virginal anon :^)

>>4192012
>Is that a joke?
no it's fact.
>>
>>4192014
>no you don't! you can't have sex! it's impossible! you must be a virgin like me!
Stop with that projection anon, it's not healthy for you. Accept reality and seek help.
Block button is a bad idea.
>>
>>4192007
>run button
Run button is great though and makes the game a billion times more aggressive. This has already been discussed and the anon btfo'd so there's no need to open another can of noodles :^)

>>4192024
lol okay virgin
>>
>>4192027
>it makes it a trillion times better! because I say so and because I project!
>>
>>4192014
At least he finally admitted he's just a poser.
>>
>>4192029
no it makes the game better because it makes it more aggressive as stated you unloved autist
>>4192032
it's called sarcasm you fugly autist. i hear autists aren't too good with that
>>
>>4192038
Yeah right, more aggressive.
*blocks about*
So aggressive, lol.
>>
>>4192038
>it's called sarcasm
So you will fight him?
>>
>>4192039
being able to run to an enemy means you engage with him more. when your run metre is depleted you're in trouble. you clearly no nothing about umk3 u ugly fuck

>>4192040
that statement being sarcastic doesnt mean I have to "fight" him you unloved autist.
>>
>>4192039
Normal attacks do chip damage. If you just block about while they are putting run-jab pressure on you, you die.
>>
File: mk3 competitive1.jpg (104KB, 658x420px) Image search: [Google]
mk3 competitive1.jpg
104KB, 658x420px
>>4191991
Jumping back in here for a sec, I took a creen. Can you finally see the problem? Only a few seconds into the match and what are both players doing? Standing there blocking. That's what they do constantly. Stop, block, go up and down then do something. They're constantly stopping to block, and so often half the time they both do it.

That's not an aggressive game. It's a heavy turtling game. Blocking is super safe (no crossups) and so it's mostly just block and counter. Very little of the interesting back and forth footsies you see in other fighters.

There are some people who like it, and that's cool. But understand why almost no one who really plays fighting games thinks a block button is a good idea and almost no one else uses it.
>>
>>4192073
>Jumping back in here for a sec, I took a creen.
oh wow a moment where they're blocking how horrible.

>That's not an aggressive game. It's a heavy turtling game.
Oh please. UMK3 is 10 times as aggressive as SF. Normal attacks do chip damage and offense is basically your best defense. Street Fighter is the one where the players are blocking each other for the vast majority of the match. Street Fighter is a defensive turtling game, UMK3 is an offensive game.
>>
>>4191907
You can't move backwards in SF2 while a projectile is being thrown at you.
>>
>>4192091
>oh wow a moment where they're blocking how horrible.

If you don't see it that's fine. Just saying, everyone else does.
>>
>>4192094
you're that same passive aggressive douche from earlier aren't you lol >>4189996

there's nothing to "see", it's just a different style of gameplay mechanic. if you don't like it that's fine but don't go around proclaiming your preferences as facts. ad hominem arguments are just as worthless as your face is desu
>>
>>4192106
*ad populum
>>
File: mkwwf.png (571KB, 916x556px) Image search: [Google]
mkwwf.png
571KB, 916x556px
>>4192073
>Stop, block, go up and down then do something.

They do that because 1 wrong move and the opponent can do a 50% combo (just like it happens in Marvel vs Capcom or SF4 or in Tekken, amongst others).

And it's not like other games don't have moments exactly the same, it's just that you can't see them because in other games, blocking is only triggered if the other guy does an attack while you move back. If it doesn't do an attack, you just move back normally. So you can do things like a dash forward, while holding back, so you don't run into a punch.

exact same mechanic.

>Very little of the interesting back and forth footsies you see in other fighters.

There are no footsies because the game focuses on you keeping the pressure on, not about prancing around for half a minute until someone lands a punch. Which, you know, is what makes the game very aggressive. You can't just sit in place doing zangiefs headbutt or throw hadokens till the end of the match and win.
>>
File: ggff.png (50KB, 174x190px) Image search: [Google]
ggff.png
50KB, 174x190px
>ctrl+f "ugly"
>28 results
>>
File: WakuWaku7.gif (11KB, 295x161px) Image search: [Google]
WakuWaku7.gif
11KB, 295x161px
>We still have these threads when the best fighting game has already been created
>>
>>4192129
Mortal Kombat fans... whatcha gonna say?
>>
File: akira combo.gif (2MB, 435x271px) Image search: [Google]
akira combo.gif
2MB, 435x271px
>>4192142
>when the best fighting game has already been created

Yeah, but it's aint Waku Waku.
>>
>>4192142
waku waku is so far from being a decent fighting game it makes me dizzy
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>4187638
>SF
>on SNES pads
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.