[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did NES have the best games? If you think so, why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: titles.jpg (663KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
titles.jpg
663KB, 1920x1080px
Did NES have the best games? If you think so, why
>>
ps3 had best games
>>
>>4187850
get out
>>
You know,

when I was a kid, I wanted some sort of game menu like that on my console. To have multiple games in one, or something like that. Even these days it'd be cool to have something like it but I guess it would require some software like LaunchBox. Just game logos. No screenshots, no game boxes. Just logos.
>>
>>4187850
PS3 isn't retro games

To answer OP's question: Yes and no.

Yes in it has shitloads of great games exclusive to the system, lots of lesser know decent games and on top of that it has a port of most notable games from other systems from the 80s and early 90s.

No in it also basically has genuinely horrible game for each great game it has that is also exclusive to system and some of the ports from other system also leave a lot to be desired.
>>
Depends on what is "best" to you, it's entirely subjective.

Personally it's my favorite retro platform, gameplay took big steps back then. Just compare the mechanics and genres of launch titles to those of the later years of its lifetime.

Also, the limited hardware has lead to some very creative designs, which, granted, was sometimes hit and miss. However, limitations necessitated prioritization on certain aspects, which lead to especially expressive results. This makes many games feel very unique and charming to me.
>>
>>4187297
PS1 had best games. Followed by GBA.
>>
File: 1500350362940.jpg (23KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
1500350362940.jpg
23KB, 500x460px
I'm gonna say yes.
But only 'cause it was up against the sms, which if I remember right, was jusst...felt clunkier (I didn't know alot of gamers back then, so it could be just lack of exp with it.). Had some good games, the ones I played, but not as many or memorable as nes.
>alooootttt of garbage on the nes though

Turbo graphx 16 only existed to me as a demo model at Radioshack.

It wasn't untill sometime after the Genesis came out that I started hearing Sega fanboys decrying everything Nintendo.

>personally, I think they all fell for the marketing stragety of Sega getting a black guy to make fun of them for liking Nintendo. Before that, they were normal commercials about how great it is without comparing it to anything.
>there was one before that ^ where you hear "What Nintendon't" after "Genesis does!" but it's subtle.
But holy shit, when Sega went after Nintendo in the commercials....was hard to not punch the other kids in face, haha, lil shits.
Pretty sure I coined "Genesissies," in my area.
>>
>>4189207
>Same poster

There was 2 versions of the Genesis Does song, one with Nintendon't and one without. Not sure when they snuck it in there, but they did.
>>
No, the Famicom did.
>>
Don't know if I'd say it does, although it is my favorite system for the sheer breadth of experiences and gems of games it offers. There's just so much variety and the games typically get to their meat quickly and without wasting your time.
>>
>>4187297
>having Simon's Quest and not Final Fantasy
>>
>>4187953
>imagine believing the GBA has a good library
also not retro
>>
>>4189619
>not retro
Anything over 12 years old is retro.
>>
>>4189635
This board is for the discussion of classic, or "retro" games. Retro gaming means consoles, computer games, arcade games (including pinball) and any other forms of video games on platforms launched in 1999 and earlier. With the release of the 8th generation of consoles, the Sega Dreamcast will now be considered "retro", though the remainder of the sixth generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube) will not.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>4189648
>dreamcast is retro
>GBA is not
>>
>>4187297
Yes.

>S
Famicom, PS
>A
Super Famicom, PS2, DS
>B
Dreamcast, Wii, PSP, GBA
>C
PS3, 3DS, Gamecube, PS Vita
>D
N64, Wii U, X360, X1, PS4
>>
>>4189694
If I had it my way, dreamcast would be unceremoniously booted from this board.
>>
>>4189648
>will now be considered "retro"
>>
>>4189813
>greentext
>>
>>4189487
FF is on there
top right
>>
>>4189635
Where did you take this over 12 years old limit and why do you think it's valid?
>>
>>4189817
It lacks Kirby's Adventure, though, which is among the candidates of games which can be considered the systems "swan song".

Still, solid selection of Games and for me personally, there is nothing to be mad about here.
>>
>>4189808
id switch gba and ds otherwise i agree with it and where is genesis? id put that in b tier
>>
>>4189635
>>
>>4189808
where is genesis
>>
>>4189810
If I had it mine I would boot the 5th gen as well and go back to the original rules of the board.
>>
>>4189818
What limit would be valid? Everyone has their own criteria for this. For me it's
0-4: new
5-12: old
13-29: retro
30+: ancient
>>
Pfft.
Retro starts at 64. Goes back to Pong ma-cheens
Who you guys tryin' to kid?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.