[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wich is the definite version of FFVI ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12

File: images (31).jpg (10KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
images (31).jpg
10KB, 225x224px
Wich is the definite version of FFVI ?
>>
>>4186756
Certainly not that one. The GBA's cropped screen and shitty sound makes for an undeniably inferior version.
>>
>>4186756
You answered your own question with that pic, anon.
(not including any roms or fan hacks. I'm going official here)
>>
>>4186758
>>4186757
Flip a coin then, anon. Hahahaha, fucking /vr/.
>>
>>4186757
On the other hand, it has less bugs.
>>
>>4186756
The SNES and GBA versions have different pros and cons. Aesthetically speaking, the SNES version looks and sounds better. But the GBA version fixes many glitches and adds a handful of new content.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_bugs_and_glitches#Final_Fantasy_VI

If any of these sound like a deal breaker to you, then just play the GBA version. If you aren't bothered by any of these, or the GBA's new content doesn't appeal to you, then just stick to the original. There's no wrong answer here, it just depends on what you want.

This is all assuming you aren't patching the game, of course.
>>
>>4186765
What's the new dungeon like? I enjoyed the extra bosses in FFV Advance's bonus dungeon, though the layout of the dungeon itself was ass.
>>
SNES version for vanish/doom fuckery.

as slow as threads move on /vr/ I fucking swear we have this thread once a week
>>
File: 220px-LugosiDevilBat3.jpg (6KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
220px-LugosiDevilBat3.jpg
6KB, 220x165px
>>4186765
>flip-a-coin decision
>advocating the version with a smaller screen
>ever
>>
Is there a SNES rom that patches the GBA extra stuff in?
>>
Probably the best version is the patched GBA audio fix version. Ive never played through it entirely, always played the SNES version... but it seems like with the extra content, but the SNES music and contract fix applied, its basically the best version. Play it on a 3DSXL and you get that nice retro feel with good controls and a decent screen. Play it on the PSVita for a slightly stretched but larger screen area and good controls.
>>
>>4186905
Not that I know of. There is a patch for FFV that adds in its GBA dungeon. It's a little janky since it doesn't include the new jobs or their abilities, which changes some of the boss fights (Neo Shinryu and Enuo lack their Necromancer spells).
>>
>>4186841
I only did it once a long time ago. I remember it involved switching party members around a lot and having to rematch all the dragons. At the end you fight Kaiser Dragon, that dummied out superboss in the SNES game's data. After you beat it, you can go through it again and fight Omega Weapon instead.
>>
>>4186857
But I have a GBplayer and a 29" Sony Wega CRT, and it looks way bigger than the GBA it self.
>>
Brave New World.

I gotta stop shilling this shit but it's so damn good. All the changes for status / espers / spell system are awesome, and luckly they removed 99% of the shit plot changes they did, meaning it's pretty much the vanilla game with most things fixed. Love how each stat matters a lot and there's some different builds to try it out for each character (and now they're all unique instead of a bunch of ultima casters).

I honestly can't go back to normal FFVI, mostly because now I know all the bugs and stats that don't work in the original (like Stamina being fucking useless).
>>
>>4187473
The vanilla game is so ho-hum though. Woolsey turned it into something interesting and beloved.
>>
Nearly all of the fans who love Final Fantasy VI as their favorite played it as FFIII.

That tells me it is the definitive version, if not just because of Woolsey's localization work
>>
Off all the official releases the android/ios version has the best music/sound quality, fewest bugs, and the gba extras.
>>
>>4187616
It looks like shit dude.
>>
PSX.
>>
>>4187663
this

it even comes with FFV, what a bargain!
>>
>>4187663
But those loading times....
>>
>>4186757
There is a patch for literal everything you said. Better Ratio/Font/Char sizes and the original OST/BGM patched in.
>>
File: braveforumbg.jpg (83KB, 985x320px) Image search: [Google]
braveforumbg.jpg
83KB, 985x320px
>>4187473
so glad i found about this. ff6, best game evah & i am ready for increased difficulty.

question anon: do you know where i can find a full image of pic rel?
>>
>>4186756
Woolsey Uncensored for the vanilla game. The GBA is still censored http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1386
>>
>>4186756
Everyone says the GBA because of the new content but honestly, its only exclusive content that can't be replicated (the SNES version's bugs can be fixed) are the new espers and bonus dungeon. The new espers are pretty useless aside from Cactuar which give you a speed stat bonus (the original has Odin but upgrading Odin to Raiden took away that bonus).

The bonus dungeon is actually pretty neat. It uses the party switch mechanic in a challenging dungeon that has you refight superpowered versions of the dragons. This forces you to balance out every party. After you beat all the dragons, you get to fight Kaiser Dragon (and then Omega Weapon if you go through the dungeon again). Those last two fights are pretty damn cool if only for the cool background, enemy design and Fierce Battle but it's still nothing too special since FFVI's core gameplay is so shit.

>>4187778 is the best way to play it if you don't care for the bonus content.

For a second playthrough, play FFVI with the Brave New World hack. I know BNW gets shilled on /vr/ a lot but it's the way FFVI should have been. There's pseudo-jobs now due to esper restriction. Early-game levels aren't "wasted" since there's a separate Esper Level mechanic. Magic is still OP but very costly. There's bugfixes, uncensoring and script cleanup. It's just great.

I wish someone would create a hack with just the esper restriction aspect for the GBA version since that alone makes such a huge difference.
>>
>>4187585
Nostalgia causes brain damage.
>>
>>4187585
It's uncensored though, not the actual vanilla game.

Have some fun read here:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/snes/patches/2095readme.txt
>>
>>4187686

nvm, duh, i found it. just being lazy, plz disregard
>>
>>4187998
Please post it for the rest of us that are lazy.

On-topic, back in school me and my best friend each had a different version - I had SNES, he had PSX. He lamented the loading times (and I couldn't play it after the SNES version) but I'd say between those two SNES wins.

For GBA though, I can deal with the cropped screen and music since it's still the same game, but with more content. Each to their own, so for me the GBA version is best due to the content.
>>
The phone version
>>
>>4188042
The Steam versions of every FF III-VI would be perfectly fine if not for the oversized mobile interface. I don't know how the fuck that passed through SE. To think that someone literally looked at a PC game with a tablet interface and thought "Yeah, that looks okay."

It manages to fit in with the FFIV games, but definitely not FFV and VI.
>>
File: tumblr_nc9uwfGPxg1qiwqvto1_500.jpg (220KB, 484x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nc9uwfGPxg1qiwqvto1_500.jpg
220KB, 484x750px
>>4188034
>please post it for the rest of us that are lazy.
here she be
>>
File: 8LDUQCA343UD0031.jpg (451KB, 957x1484px) Image search: [Google]
8LDUQCA343UD0031.jpg
451KB, 957x1484px
>>4188080
And here's the version that isn't for ants.
>>
Final Fantasy VI T-Edition
>>
Relocalization Project is the best

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2247/
>>
>>4186756
SNES
>>
>>4189863
>Evade Bug

Nah, it's trash
>>
>>4189541
I wish. It's supposedly impossible to translate.
>>
>>4186841
Compared to V it's grindier and less interesting, even though it's another split up dungeon. New weapons aren't much to write home about either due to putting to rest who to give what weapon.
The new espers are the best part of the content due to Cactuar shoring up the lack of speed bonuses after upgrading Odin, and having Leviathan is pretty damn cool.

>>4190027
Only a person who doesn't know what they're talking about will say that it's unhackable. However, you will be waiting a long time either way as a translation patch would break immediately after any kind of update. Like FFV Ancient Cave, anyone waiting to do so will have to wait until it's finished and then start about learning about how to get it done.
>>
>>4186756
Ted Woolsey Uncensored will give you the best rendering for a first time playthrough of SNES. The worst of bugs are optionally fixed while still enabling you to exploit like a motherfucker, and errors with the text are fixed while keeping very much true to the original translation. Also comes with kickass extras like a sound test.

IMO as much as I do love Brave New World, the script is better here.
>>
>>4186756
FFIV SNES with patches for non emulators
or FFIV gba emulated with patches
>>
I always wonder what a remake of VI would be like.
>>
>>4187778
There are hacks to remove the censorship for the gba version also.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/718/
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1626/
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1085/
>>
>>4187678
>Screen Ratio
Where are you getting that, I don't see it on RHDN.
>>
>>4186935
Wow, Square Enix. Way to rip off that scene from Undertale with Mettaton.
>>
File: final-fantasy_00400522.jpg (101KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
final-fantasy_00400522.jpg
101KB, 1024x768px
>>4191417
Ideally I'd like a 3D bump that sticks with the style they had in the PSX version's FMVs with color correction to establish two distinct moods for the WoB and the WoR. Gameplay-wise, I'd hope for a overhaul like they did with IV. Though in IV's case the overhaul made sense since it's actually the one game without any kind of unique gameplay mechanic.
>>
Do the music restoration hacks for V and VI Advance work on real hardware via flashcart or is it emulator only?
>>
>>4191557
They work via flashcart. The GBA speaker isn't the best medium for it, but headphones exist.
>>
>>4187635
In motion, it's not bad. Also the enemy sprites are fantastic
>>
>>4191417
Best case scenario: 3D and with lots of influence from BNW on gameplay refinement. It would be easier though, but it keeps the GBA content for fun.

Good scenario: Like the IV remake, and a different version of Kaiser Dragon.

Worst case scenario: Exactly like the VII remake. Most likely this is it.
>>
File: someonethoughtthislookedokay.jpg (254KB, 1809x1207px) Image search: [Google]
someonethoughtthislookedokay.jpg
254KB, 1809x1207px
>>4191646
>worst case scenario
But anon, we already got the worst-case scenario.

The best thing to happen to VI would honestly be a ground-up remake of it. That way it'd attract old and new players considering that VI isn't popular as IV, VII and even VIII.
>>
>>4188097
>>4188080
I consider Celes the true main female lead.
>>
The loading times really aren't that bad on PS1. Not to mention, put that shit in a PS2 and set it to increased CD read speed mode.
>>
>>4191417
A remake in the style of IV DS (though with atleast 30 FPS minimum instead of the 15FPS battles on ds). Polygonal, on 3DS, harder AND subverts the expectations of people who know VI inside and out.
>>
>>4192096
god damn there are just so many small things wrong with this

>shadows aren't underneath the characters
>blind sunglasses aren't even over Gau's eyes
>three completely different artstyles and quality levels between the playable characters, the background and the enemy sprite

And the worst part is it's probably technically the best gameplay-wise because you can have your characters attack in any order, and charge Cyan's bushido attacks without making the other characters have to just sit there and do nothing.
>>
File: a9zm770.jpg (796KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
a9zm770.jpg
796KB, 2560x1440px
>>4193018
Honestly, the sprites don't look half bad without the bilinear filter. The battle backgrounds look great and even the tiles are alright if you try to ignore the occasional line-up error.

My only issue is the mobile interface that remains on the PC port.
>>
File: 615911_20110412_screen008-5B1-5D.jpg (138KB, 1024x580px) Image search: [Google]
615911_20110412_screen008-5B1-5D.jpg
138KB, 1024x580px
Though they still don't look great. I used to hate FFIVCC's spritework for looking like RPG Maker RTP edits but shitting out that amateur looking mess is the last thing I'd have expected SE to do.
>>
>>4193032
Fuck ugly
>>
File: unnamed (4).gif (3MB, 480x261px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (4).gif
3MB, 480x261px
>>4192096
>>
>>4191563

If it could support it then why didn't it? Size limitations?
>>
>>4192237
>on 3DS
Ew.
>>
>>4193223
Probably
>>
>>4193223
>>4193245
looking at some specs, FFVI Advance was on a 16MB cartridge. 32MB was the maximum GBA file size, but I'm pretty sure Kingdom Hearts was the only game to use that and most of that size went to the 3D cutscenes.
>>
File: rnf+vs+mmnb.png (22KB, 573x224px) Image search: [Google]
rnf+vs+mmnb.png
22KB, 573x224px
>>4187423
pardon, let me rephrase that...
the
pixel
count
is
lower
>>
>>4193258
>>4187423
>>4186857

In some cases, like the port of Mega Man & Bass, there's little reason to play the GBA version if you have means of playing the SFC version. But with something like Final Fantasy VI, the GBA version can be patched to fix everything except the pixel count, and has a ton of extra content that makes it worth playing.

Also I hope you're using GBI Homebrew with that Game Boy Player. the native software fucking blows.
>>
>>4193292
You hoped damm right
GBI is way better , besides a dont even have the oficial Disc , they are way more expensive than the GB Player it self, so my solution was the action replay disc , it can boot the Game Boy Interface from the memory adapter , already played some games, work like a charm , GBC and GBA games looks super on S-Video.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.