[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I use a matrix switcher like the Extron Crosspoint in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 265x190px
How do I use a matrix switcher like the Extron Crosspoint in conjunction with my PVM for retro gayman?
>>
Rtfm
>>
>>4186443
Wow, great post anon! Really bringing the quality of /vr/ up!
Unironically kill yourself you fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>4186450
Someone's upset
>>
How the fuck do you know what an extron crosspoint is without knowing how to do this already? did some youtuber make a video or some shit?
>>
>>4186461
I'm just asking because I got a matrix switcher for cheap and I don't want to spend a bunch of money on cables that are either useless or not the ideal ones to hook me up.
As I understand it, I just need to run BNC-BNC between the corresponding outputs of the switch and the inputs of my PVM, which is simple for composite and S-video. I'm not sure how it would function with YpBpR, and for RGB I'm unclear on how to hook up sync, I need to use external sync with these switches yes?
>>
>/vr/: where anyone that isn't an armchair expert on vintage electronics is an underage hipster something something ecelebs and doesn't deserve any useful information
>>
>>4186450
Relax.
>>
>>4186472
I hope it never changes.
>>
>>4186472
>/vr/: where any dumb question that can be answered with some basic googling deserves it's own thread

>>4186468
The Switch will have a port for Ext sync (possibly just the H. Sync port if it's for multiformat.) As for component just follow the same colors as RGB, the ports are pretty nicely labeled so google is your friend if you run into trouble.
>>
>>4186468
Hopefully it came with those connectors at the bottom otherwise you won't be getting any audio.

If it has the connectors then I hope you're ok with making your own wires to run audio.

Really it's a bitch to get everything setup, but once you do it's incredibly worth it if you're actually using it to its max potential.

I have mine hooked up to 3 different TV's and am about to hook it up to an elgato so I can record any of the 4 inputs I have going into it. Soon to have a 5th input.

Really considering getting a different extron since mine is like your pic related with only 8 inputs and 4 out. As it is right now I'm going be maxing out the outputs. Getting an extron with more wiggle room would be nice, maybe and 8x8 or even 12x8
>>
>>4186443
/thread

Why do people think others should do it for them and give you the short answer?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.