[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this fine to put in my n64? The game itself plays fine but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170812_152525.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170812_152525.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
Is this fine to put in my n64? The game itself plays fine but im just concerned of it damaging my cartidge slot or something
>>
Why not try to polish off some of the rust and just to be sure soak the actual case in alcohol?
>>
>>4186192
How can i take off the rust from the metal? The alcohol isnt really working
>>
>>4186201
Depending on how bad the rust is, nothing may help. But try sandpaper with 220-320 grit.
>>
>>4186170
its only the RF shield and case that have rust, the important parts look fine.
>>
>>4186208
>>4186216
Could OP just stick the PCB in by itself and leave the rusty bits out? Would playing it without the RF shield wipe it or something?
>>
>>4186216
Yeah, the game itself is fine and there is no rust on it. Contacts are clean as well. The game runs fine, im just worried that that rust on the casing and metal could danage my console
>>
>>4186323
go to any place that sells retro games, buy a cheap common bargin bin game. swap the metal housing parts
>>
>>4186332
man i dont know why i didnt think of that, im an idiot. I have some n64 games i dont care for like turok 2 and army men i could use
>>
>>4186170
what a job!
>>
>>4186170
get it as clean and smooth you can with sandpaper and alcohol. Should be fine as long as rust pieces aren't falling into the system contacts.
>>
>>4186201
Are you fucking retarded? You have Google, man.
>>
>>4186201
Brasso.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.