[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got this for my birthday.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: retron.jpg (6KB, 319x158px) Image search: [Google]
retron.jpg
6KB, 319x158px
I also got some mega man games
>>
The wife and I, anon, The wife and I.
>>
Cool blog
>>
>>4185567
But duz it play castlevania 3? Kekekek
>>
it does play castlevania 3!!
>>
File: IMG_0137.jpg (187KB, 1500x1084px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0137.jpg
187KB, 1500x1084px
Real talk does anyone know which of these had nes consoles are better? I plan on getting an AVS someday but for now these are 40 bucks
>>
>>4185567
Isn't the audio and video dogshit on these?
>>
>>4185567
cool, i hope you enjoy it
>>
>>4185759
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g_rvZm72VY

(only posting because I've got an NT Mini on preorder)
>>
>>4185567
Happy Birthday, anon. Your parents must really love you. If you like it, go tell them you love them.
>>
>>4185567
Sell it and buy a real NES with that and your birthday cash. Also buy a flashcart as well, will save you a bunch of cash in the long run man.
Or don't, tell whoever you got it from that you love them, and play the hell out of Mega Man.
>>
File: LCD_gaming.jpg (599KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
LCD_gaming.jpg
599KB, 2592x1944px
>>4185938
Wait, I use a clone console for my dungeon setup and it looks/sounds closer based on that video to the Analog NT Mini than Retron HD and that's from composite. Are you sure the video did not distort the Retron HD on purpose? I ask because I know the Super Retro Trio uses a Nintendo-on-a-chip and I'm very familiar with how Ninja Gaiden and Journey to Silius is supposed to sound and look (big part of my youth from my deceased NES). They even used a smoothing filter on the Retron footage while using sharp pixels on the Analogue NT mini footage to accentuate a difference it seems.
>>
>>4185756
You talking HDMI models or regular-ass Famiclones? Honestly, OP's is looking like the best for HDMI out; Yobo FC game Console is solid if you just want composite.
>>
>>4187650
Different NOACs sound different, they also sound weird being pumped through HDMI. Also the Analogue NT is obviously going to sound better, for about 500x the price it ought to.
>>
>>4185567
Enjoy your electric fire hazard.
>>
>>4188063
Oh yeah something running at 5V is really going to light shit up
>>
>>4185567
Happy sweet 16.
>>
>>4187650
>They even used a smoothing filter
It's not a filter; that's how the Retron HD's HDMI output looks. (It's just a NOAC with composite video output being fed into a built-in very cheap composite-to-HDMI upscaler.)
>>
>>4191142
The scaler is actually much better than the AV2HDMI type boxes you would get from China. I don't know how or what the deal is, but these HDMI Famiclones actually handle 240p correctly and don't interlace shit unnecessarily. Lag is also surprisingly small. They're honestly not a terrible option for the price, with HyperKin's offering seeming like the best in terms of build quality and features (actually having a 4:3 mode, PAL support).
>>
>>4191507
>these HDMI Famiclones actually handle 240p correctly
Yeah that caught my attention as well. Someone's fixed the 240p problem in low-end upscalers. I wonder if that chipset is available in stand-alone adapters.
>>
>>4191629
I've been wondering the same thing, I would buy one in a second. I actually just ordered a new Famiclone from AliExpress, which based on extensive YouTube research doesn't have the NOAC with fuck-awful sound. I have an HDMI Famiclone with the bad sound, and I'm thinking about trying to swap out the video board section since they usually just use a 5-6 pin ribbon cable. It's an interesting development for sure, I'm fairly certain 'CoolBaby' and or HAMY is manufacturing all of these things and they're being repackaged by Hyperkin, Gamerz Tek for the US market. I'm actually excited for passable HDMI console clones at rock-bottom price points, They're a really comfortable middle ground when I don't feel like using my CRT, as long as the sound is good.
>>
>>4191670
>based on extensive YouTube research
kek
>>
>>4193690
There's very little info about the revisions on these NOAC machines, and the best I could do was find a few videos that were definitely of the model I purchased. It was sufficient to determine whether or not this particular model had the fixed audio or not, here's hoping; kek nonetheless.
>>
>>4185567
Hows the controller? I need some good nes controllers.
>>
>>4185567
Retro s are pretty garbage anon.
>>
>>4193791
It's better than most Famiclones, and isn't an emulator; it's not a Retron 5 is what I'm saying. Most Famiclones are very cheap, but quite usable.
>>
>>4195342
Nah, I have a fair amount of experience with these things. I know their limitations and weaknesses, and have no issues with those. I also have a box of Famicoms so I'm not too concerned with authenticity, I've got it if I need it. It's mostly to use my EDN8 and other cheap chinese junk with.
>>
>>4197646
You're really misunderstanding me, I've owned a handful of different Famiclones and actually do have experience with them, in addition to lots of 'actual' (non-YouTube) research over the years. With this particular model I recently ordered, I needed to hear it before I spent any money on it, and so I had to do YouTube 'research'. That statement was tongue in cheek to begin with, but whatever, hombre. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
File: downsuperman1.jpg (31KB, 460x347px) Image search: [Google]
downsuperman1.jpg
31KB, 460x347px
>>4189575
>running at 5V
>>
>>4198470
>trying this hard
>>>/v/
>>
>>4185567
nice, mega man is the best.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.