[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NOLF thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: nolf[1].jpg (77KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
nolf[1].jpg
77KB, 1024x768px
wanted to replay NOLF seen as i havent since i was younger, but im having wierd mouse issues.
I turned off triple buffering and it helped a little and tried a voodoo wrapper but that made no difference, anyone have any joy solving this?

Also i forgot how GOAT the music is!
>>
File: 48656514658651236.jpg (14KB, 636x272px) Image search: [Google]
48656514658651236.jpg
14KB, 636x272px
Is that retro?
>>
its 2000, is that considered retro?? fuck i thought it was and never actually contemplated it.
>>
>>4185242
the cutoff year is 1999.

then, Thief 2 is discussed here occasionally, and that's a 2000 game. it probably depends on the individual case. in any case, expect some people to get angry.
>>
>>4185245
damn, its hopeless posting on /v/ too.
>>
>>4185245
But time moves forward.
>>
>>4185245
There's loads of games that get discussed here every now and then that were released in 2000 but get let off the hook because autism. It helps that they're all PC games too, like Deus Ex, Diablo II and Baldur's Gate II (although those last two are apparently 'retro' because they're really similar to their prequels or something).

The rules don't make any fucking sense and half of the board is comprised of turboautists, including the mods/janitors. I'd say we should just talk about the game anyway because the spergs apparently don't mind talking about PC games from 2000. It's not like we're talking about the original Timesplitters or something, which was also released in 2000, but is strictly verboten because it's a PS2 game and autism reigns supreme.
>>
I want to play NOLF but I have not yet ponied up for a CDROM. I am still holding out hope it will show up on GOG.com
>>
>>4185305
what about that pag go there
>>
>>4185240
In the PC world, this is retro.

It's out of print and not sold on digital distro.
>>
>>4185305
theres a website called nolf revival or something that i got them from.

i love nolf but and the only saving grace about it been a dead series is modern devs and publishers cant ruin it.
>>
>>4185240
I'll MAKE IT retro
>>
>>4185282
>Deus Ex, Diablo II and Baldur's Gate II (although those last two are apparently 'retro' because they're really similar to their prequels or something)
all of those games stir up controversy here, though.
>>
>>4185498
It's funny you should say that, because I remember testing it out several months back. I made a thread about Deus Ex and not a single person noted that it was technically 'not retro'. Not one person. A couple of days later I tried making a thread about the original Timesplitters game, just to compare. You can probably guess how well that went.

As far as Diablo II and BG II goes, like I said, the turboautists excuse those ones in particular because they use the same (or very similar) engies to their predecessors. The closest you'll ever get to controversy in threads about those games will be someone curiously asking "hold on, wasn't this actually made in 2000?" followed by one of the spergs assuring him that it's similar enough to the game that came before it to prevent him from having a mouth-foaming temper tantrum.
>>
>>4185595
I remember seeing a Deus Ex thread just about a month ago, where a log of people got angry.
>>
>best fps ever
>autists want to discuss whether it is retro

sorry OP, can't help you, good taste nonetheless
>>
The rules say 1999 platforms, post-2000 games can be discussed here when they're on older platforms.
For PC, it's hazy because 1999-era hardware is difficult to pinpoint. So there's a lot of gray lines that people love to take advantage and shitpost about.

NOLF is a good game, though.
>>
>>4185732
OP here, NOLF is amazing, and half the people in here are talking about shitty rpgs.

I fixed the problem, you gotta turn triple buffering on and put mouse smoothing all the way to full.
>>
>>4185245
There are exceptions for certain PC games at the right hour. NOLF, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Thief II, Oni, Deus Ex, Aliens vs Predator 2, etc. have all been discussed without issue.
>>
assuming thread is not kill, was Cate shoveled in as eye candy? She was a strong womyn before it was needed to pass the bechdel test
>>
>>4186090
I think it was partially sex appeal, but also kind of a throwback to Charlie's Angels and the like.
>>
>>4186090
she was a strong woman done right in my opinion, abit like joanna dark was.
>>
>>4186090
SJW pls go
>>
>>4186112
that's what I meant
>>
>>4186179
I'm glad they wont make another the way the gaming industry is at the moment.
>>
>>4185317
Didn't know that existed. Danke amigo.
>>
>>4185278
Even in 25 years people will still be screaming about how GBA isn't retro
>>
>>4185239

>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again

nolfrevival [dot] tk
>>
>>4186230
i used that and still had the problem, also it caused major slow down when scoped.

i got rid of that using the dgvoodoo wrapper and as i said earlier turning mouse smoothing to full gets rid of the mouse issues.

definitely up there in my top5 FPS games, so fun and so much replayability
>>
>>4185239
nolf is shit
>>
>you now remember one of the many brilliant conversations you overhear throughout the game
>>
>>4186423
I remember being impressed right on the first level when you shoot a guard he falls off from the tower was very nicely done.

I also remember getting Black and White and NOLF at the same time. Was hyped for BW for years and had no idea what's nolf was, then played the fuck out of nolf and never really finished bw
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.