[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dreamcast Collection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 14

File: 20170811_213056_HDR-1.jpg (2MB, 3262x1053px) Image search: [Google]
20170811_213056_HDR-1.jpg
2MB, 3262x1053px
I know it ain't much & I probably shouldn't brag about the Dreamcast stuff I have. Show off your Dreamcast collection or at least discuss the games I have.
>>
Would like to have that Power Stone 2. Where's your Seaman mic? I lost mine so I ended up buying a copy of Alien Front just to get another one.
>>
File: 100_4181.jpg (273KB, 2000x662px) Image search: [Google]
100_4181.jpg
273KB, 2000x662px
Posting mine.
>>
>>4184547
The mic is stored away in a safe place. I bought Power Stone 2 for $3 at a thrift store. I had no idea it was worth more than that on ebay.

>>4184550
Impressive.
>>
File: About_4_SDcards_at_this_time.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
About_4_SDcards_at_this_time.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
I finally got a GDemu, but it does not remove the region locking of a Dreamcast.

My Asian Dreamcast has a mod-chip inside which allows for US games to be played. A friend stealthily installed that chip into my Asian Dreamcast when I was sleeping as a gift, he's gone now.

I got a random $30 US Dreamcast in case the drive dies on the Asian Dreamcast for the games. I wish I had the knowledge and ability to transfer the mod-chip to the US Dreamcast to take advantage of the GDemu. I also have to save up for some SD-cards and the 3D-printed GDemu tray anyway.

>>4184365
Good stuff, I recently got Spiderman for the system too. Give Rayman 2 and the Tony Hawk games a try as well. MSR is a joy to play, and I hope you have a VGA box, Toro, Akura, or something to see it as crisp as possible as I thought the environments were amazing looking at the time. I hope you're planning to get Soul Calibur to pair with Dead or Alive 2 as well as they are both gorgeous on the Dreamcast. What do you think of the Evil Dead game, as I have no idea about what it is? I hope you are having fun with the system.

>>4184550
Guessing you liked the Space Channel 5 games. How is NFL Blitz 2001? Is it preferable that I get the game for the Dreamcast or N64? I am surprised to see Death Crimson OX as it currently has a reputation for being really awful, but my memories of it was fun since it supports 4 player light gun epilepsy hilarity, and we had 4 people fighting over control of the character. Your Slave Zero reminds me I should try to get that along with Soul Reaver.
>>
File: DC_collection.jpg (383KB, 1970x1104px) Image search: [Google]
DC_collection.jpg
383KB, 1970x1104px
>>4184365
Nice stuff, OP.

Here's my humble DC collection. The pic is a about a year old or so. I've since added a few more games to the pile.
>>
>people who meme Power Stone 2

So, why didn't you buy it back then?
>>
I have nothing particularly noteworthy for Dreamcast.
>>
>>4185158
Great collection you have there.

>I hope you have a VGA box
I plan on buying one soon.

>I hope you're planning to get Soul Calibur
Yes I do plan on buying that too.

>What do you think of the Evil Dead game
It's an okay survival horror game, it's not that great though. I bought it back when it was released a long time ago, I thought it was going to be better than Resident Evil, but nope.
>>
>>4185227
Thanks. That's a nice collection you have there, I wish I had that many.

>>4185229
I would have bought it sooner, but at the time I was worrying more about catching up with my bills. I'm glad I found it for $3 at a thrift store.

>>4185236
Post it anyways.
>>
File: 20170808_223844.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170808_223844.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>4184365
just started last week. so far I've got quake 3 powerstone and sega bass fishing. I goal is to get every dreamcast fps that supports mouse and keyboard.
>>
>>4184365
Sega should release their Dreamcast classics on PC/Xbox
>>
>Sonic Adventure
>Shenmue
>Spawn

Doesn't rly look like you need any other games desu. Nice lil' selection though.
>>
>>4185158
I collect Space Channel 5 stuff, so it's no surprise I would have different versions. I have the PAL version too. I never played Blitz as it was part of a bundle and sports games don't really interest me. I bought Death Crimson OX because I saw it in a game store and had never heard of it. It looked neat and was cheap. It wasn't until I got home and looked at it more closely that I realized it's a light gun game and I don't even have a light gun for the Dreamcast. I've been looking for one, but still haven't come across any in the wild.
>>
File: 51PGr6FCZmL.jpg (51KB, 346x500px) Image search: [Google]
51PGr6FCZmL.jpg
51KB, 346x500px
>>4185521
There's this, but that is all I know of.
>>
Worth buying a sports edition black dreamcast with matching controller for $60? Already have a regular one and one cib. Don't think $60 is too much of a steal, what do you guys think
>>
>>4185504
Sweet. If you ever get a chance, buy Shenmue for it. It's a must have for every Dreamcast owner.

>>4185521
Some of them are released digitally. I know that they're available on PSN & Xbox Live Arcade. I bought digital versions of Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Resident Evil Code Veronica X, Crazy Taxi, Sega Bass Fishing, Space Channel 5 Part 2, Soul Calibur, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 via Xbox Live Arcade since the Xbox 360 controller is the closest thing to a Dreamcast controller. I think these games are also available on Steam, but I'm not sure since I hate Gabe Newell & I refuse to make him richer than he already is.

>>4185554
Thanks. But I still plan on buying more Dreamcast titles.

>>4185564
I think Mad Catz made a light gun for the Dreamcast, which you can use for games like House Of The Dead 2. Try looking for a Mad Catz Dreamcast gun.

>>4185632
Go for it.
>>
File: 1.jpg (3MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
3MB, 2656x1494px
I've got everything I want at this point, but if I ever have any spare change I'll pick up:
Dynamite Cop
Zombie Revenge
Outtrigger
House of the Dead 2 (+ 2 light guns)
Maybe Virtual On w/ the the 2 twin sticks but they're quite expensive and I have no one to play with anymore
>>
>>4185651
>go for it
Gonna need more initiative than that. I mean after all $60 isn't exactly an amazing deal am I right
>>
>>4185709
Yeah, I want the twin sticks too for Virtual On, but like you said, it's expensive. Awesome collection though.

>>4185749
You're right, but normally at retro gaming shops they sell the Dreamcast for $50. I'm not sure how much the black one goes for, but I don't think $60 is too bad. So it's your call if you want to buy one.
>>
File: 71gCxl4wRbL._SL1500_.jpg (138KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
71gCxl4wRbL._SL1500_.jpg
138KB, 1500x1200px
Here's mine. I bought a 75 pack of CD-Rs for $20, god bless Model 1 DCs.
>>
>>4185632
Not worth it. Maybe if you didn't already have one, but $60 is still a bit high for a DC.
>>
I've slowly sold my collection off over the years. Still have some 40 games left though (the only two worth a shit are MvsC2 and Shenmue II). And the only semi unique accessories I have are the keyboard and mouse. My only regret is never finding a lightgun for a cheap price. Selling Skies off Arcadia was a mistake too.
>>
>>4185790
>CDR's
>Instead of a modded Dreamcast with a microSD slot
CD-R's doesn't count. It also makes you look like a poorfag.
>>
File: Genesis.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Genesis.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
This is all my Sega stuff, minus the Game Gear. I haven't gotten a Dreamcast game since Illbleed. I never had many games for the Dreamcast, these are pretty much all the games I care to have.
>>
>>4186162
That's a pretty good collection. If you ever decide to get more Dreamcast games, try Shenmue.
>>
>>4185864
If the day ever came that I would have to sell my Dreamcast games,or my video games in general, will be the day when I'm desperate for money.
>>
>Spawn: In the Demon's Hand
That game is sick
>>
>>4185158
>he got a GDEmu instead of USB GDROM
Mnemo's USB GDROM costs only 30$ more and removes region locking, runs GDI, ISO and CDI, can be ordered any time of the year, has a menu, has better compatibility, better design and uses USB 2.0 instead of shit SD cards. It's also easier to install.

Are you retarded
>>
>>4187420
It also works with VA0 consoles unlike GDEMU.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Love my Dreamcast - it's as much a Capcom console as a Sega one. Shame they kept changing the box art for their euro releases, though.
>>
>>4187659
Before you ask, I do actually hang it from the ceiling. Just to make sure guests notice it.
>>
File: Everybodys_looking_for_something.jpg (671KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Everybodys_looking_for_something.jpg
671KB, 2592x1944px
>>4185301
Thanks. Don't let people discourage you from playing Code Veronica too. It is hated around here calling it the worst entry in the series with a lot of flaws, but I think it is pretty good anyway.

>>4185564
I have been searching for the Dreamcast special limited edition of Part 2. I think it came with headphones and a whole bunch of other stuff. I had to pass on it back then because it was costly, and now it is rarely seen. Did you ever get that?

>>4187420
I had no clue about the USB GDROM. From what I got searching about it, it functions differently than a GD-ROM drive, which is what the GDemu does, I think it adds some boot disk sort of layer to the instruction sets. I don't think the install is any different as both just plug into the drive port.
>>
>>4186147
Think he was making a joke smart guy. Also nothing wrong with being a poorfag.
>>
File: 100_4189.jpg (357KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
100_4189.jpg
357KB, 2000x1500px
>>4187680
>Did you ever get that?

I have two of them. One even has a sealed copy of SC5P2.
>>
>>4187398
Yup, I love that game.

>>4187659
Yeah, it seems when it comes to different regions, there's different artwork for Dreamcast games.

>>4187680
Yeah, I loved Code Veronica. The only gripe I have with that game is that Steve character. Reminded me of Leonardo DiCaprio's character in Titanic, his voice was annoying.

>>4187703
That's quite the Space Channel 5 collection you have there. I suck at that game.
>>
File: sc5 collection.jpg (1MB, 2501x2743px) Image search: [Google]
sc5 collection.jpg
1MB, 2501x2743px
>>4187763
That's just part of it. I've also added a few more things since I made this pic.
>>
>>4187781
Nice.
>>
How is the emulation scene for these?

Also what would be the must play games on those consoles? I know nothing about them.
>>
>>4187825
Emulation is crap for Dreamcast right now. But the must play games I would recommend is Shenmue, House Of The Dead, Virtual On, Seaman, Spawn, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 & Sonic Adventure.
>>
>>4187837
Oh that's too bad, I always wanted to get into that but I might just grab a dreamcast from ebay and roll with it. Thanks for the recommendations anon!
>>
File: latest.jpg (43KB, 380x253px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
43KB, 380x253px
I still don't have a dreamcast.
Is it easier to put a bullet in my brain or good ol fashioned bleach?
>>
>>4188156
>Is it easier to put a bullet in my brain or good ol fashioned bleach?
whynotboth.jpg
>>
>>4186147
I'm interested in GDemu, but at the moment I'm sticking with burning discs.
>>
>>4187838
You're welcome.
>>
>>4187398
I still haven't unlocked all of the characters and I've had the game forever. Heavy Metal: Geo Matrix is similar and fun too, rather difficult at times though.
>>
>>4187703
Cute collection anon
>>
>>4188525
I haven't unlocked all the characters either.
>>
>>4187703
Nice collection, absolutely love Space Channel 5.
Do you have Space Channel vinyl records? I got Mexican Flyer 12" (JP one, the only one that has original version), it's nice.
>>
>>4188910
I'm retarded, I see one there >>4187781
Good stuff
>>
>>4185632
The retro store I work at sells standard dreamcast consoles with cords and controller for $40 and the black with matching controller for $70. It's not a bad deal, and the black looks sweet. Don't know why you'd need another dreamcast, but I'd go for it.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.