[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Total Annihilation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: total_annihilation.jpg (57KB, 421x412px) Image search: [Google]
total_annihilation.jpg
57KB, 421x412px
I recently saw Total Annihilation on Steam, recommended to me because I've played RTS games in the past. What does /vr/ think of it?
>>
>>4183092
I never beat the SP campaigns from either Arms or Core and it's been a long time since I've played it in multiplayer but it's alright for a RTS from the 90s. I like playing with robots and I thought the storytelling right before you started a mission was immersive enough. Gameplay is kinda like Command & Conquer and Dune 2000 so and AFAIK there shouldn't be (many) compatibility problems so if you're fine with all of those you could pick it up during a sale or something. It's also on GOG by the way.
>>
>>4183092
Played it a bit. Found it kinda boring compared to Starcraft 1 and never got used to the game mechanics.
>>
>>4183182
for old games like this, is it better to go with gog over steam?
>>
>>4184262
I pirate all my PC games so GOG is the best for that...I also have a Windows XP PC so all the old games work for me easily anyway.

I know GOG is designed to just install and play on basically any system with no issues, but I'm not sure how Steam handles older stuff.
>>
This game was so much fun back in the day. Wasted countless hours on it. I think I still have the disc for it too.
>>
>>4184262
Anon you replied to earlier here. It really depends on the publisher but most Steam games may require internet connection while GOG is basically DRM-free if that is a concern to you. Compatibility wise games from both stores should work on newer computers but if you want to be really sure you might install something like Windows XP as a dualboot or get an older PC like >>4184329 suggests.

Whatever you choose, try it if you're a fan of science-fiction and RTS games. Chances are you will like it.
>>
>>4183092
Total crap..
>>
>>4183092
Loved it.

Had to make an in-house rule about Commander use (no sending Commander on early suicide mission ftw).
>>
>>4183092
My favourite RTS game of all times along with Red Alert 2.
>>
Incredible soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XAJj9wzils
>>
>>4183092
Played it when it first came out and for years after, my favorite RTS. Good to see it's finally on Steam.
>>
Better mechanics than Starcraft. Actual shell arcs.

I used those spider mechs to pound the shit out of the bad guys while out of range myself.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.