[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tactical /vr/ RPGs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: latest[1].jpg (294KB, 1148x703px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
294KB, 1148x703px
I'm looking for good /vr/ tactical RPGs
here's my list so far for ones I have or plan to get:
>Shining Force series
>Fire Emblem series
>FF Tactics series
>Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre series
>Phantom Brave
>Arc the Lad series
>X-Com series
>Vandal Hearts series
>Super Robot Wars series
>Gladius
>LotR: The Third Age (GBA)
>Summoner Night
>Dragon Force
>Rifts: Promise of Power
>LotR: Tactics
>Disgaea series
>FFXII: Revenant Wings
>Jagged Alliance series
I know some of these might not be considered /vr/ because they're on things like the PSP and DS, but nothing from here is newer than 10 years ago

any other good tactical rpgs you guys recommend? mostly looking for console ones, but a good one for things I can emulate like DOS would be good too
>>
Valkyria Chronicles series PSP (PSN)
Xenogears PS1 (PSN).
Isn't the Megaman Battle Network series tac-rpg too?
>>
>>4182451
just ignore it. He seems fucking autistic with his list. He's got like 25 games on that list which says he 'plans to get'. And yet he still needs more.
>>
>>4182459
Shit. How'd I miss that plan part.
>muh spectacles
>>
>>4182459
well, excuse me for wanting to ask /vr/ for game recommendations in one of my favorite genres
and I have like half of these already. i don't have infinite free time to track everything down
>>
That's a good list for a lot of the common stuff out there. Here's a few obscure ones to keep you going.

Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena
Front Mission Series
Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth
Growlanser Series
TearRing Saga
Vanguard Bandits
Bahamut Lagoon
Saiyuki: Journey West

That should help fill out your collection more. Also for the sake of discussion, what are your favorite things about Tactical RPGs?
>>
>>4182409
Bahamut lagoon is not a good tactical rpg, but an entertaining one. I'd recommend it, do not know is never discussed around here when the game features the best characters in any square game.
>>
File: 174001030[1].jpg (54KB, 345x384px) Image search: [Google]
174001030[1].jpg
54KB, 345x384px
Just Breed is a nice little NES tactical rpg
>>
>>4182880
>what are your favorite things about Tactical RPGs
I guess I like how the game adds position to the formula for how you win your battle
how flanking takes time, but is very worth the advantages. how you have to balance risk and reward for certain positions

basically, I like how you're able to move around on the field. it blew my mind when I first went from a turn-based normal JRPG to this
>>
>>4182409
FEDA: Emblem of Justice is pretty much another Shining Force game.
>>
>>4182409
ive heard this is great
>>
>>4182880
>what are your favorite things about Tactical RPGs?
The plots always seem to be a bit tighter then regular RPGs, imo. I like when games discuss philosophical quandaries, but tactical RPGs seem to be focused more on the characters themselves
>>
File: NA-OverclockedCover.jpg (138KB, 640x569px) Image search: [Google]
NA-OverclockedCover.jpg
138KB, 640x569px
Not retro, but it's my fav handheld one. For consoles, Front Mission 4 and 5 were my shit.
>>
>>4188227
What about the ds remake?
>>
>>4182409
Might not be your thing, but theres an insane difficulty mod of FF tactics advance floating around out there if you've played that already. Advance had the best job and combat system of the series imo but they made it way too easy so you didn't really have to think about group comp. I would always faceroll with a nu mou white mage/time mage and a moogle juggler/animist that can heal people to full health or use smile and pass their turn to my strongest human melee with doublesword. Then you could learn the auto life r-ability and revive on your bangaa and hes basically invulnerable to everything but 1 hit ko's.
>>
File: 6309-1.jpg (588KB, 2100x1374px) Image search: [Google]
6309-1.jpg
588KB, 2100x1374px
>>4182409
Onimusha Tactics
Advance Wars series
Koudelka
Valkyrie Profile - Covenant of the Plume
Pokemon Conquest
Treasure Hunter G
Yggdra Union
>>
Is Brigandine for the psx any good? I played through the first battle and it seemed a little weak. Should I keep on playing?
>>
>>4188270
Different anon here but I found the remake does not have the link mechanic which made 4 and 5 so interesting
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.