[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loser Tries To Play SoR2, Loses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: fuck you.png (481KB, 536x348px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.png
481KB, 536x348px
Has anyone else tried to get on top of Streets of Rage 2 and found it just too fucking hard. I just tried to get through it now and nearly threw my computer out the window at how fucking hard it is.

I have played this fucking, fucking game every evening for 4 weeks straight on Hard and just can't get over how hard it is. Stage 6 onwards (beach level) is nasty as fuck and 7 is just fucking horrible. On the final stage, all I do is die over and over again. And this isn't even Hardest or Mania.

I just played now and gave up with early level 7. It's not the fat guys, its trying to deal with how overpowered the standard guys get. And in the elevator you are completely outmatched. This part takes me several lives to clear.

Blaze is my player of choice. Axel is too slow for me, Max and Skate are too retarded to do anything. Even Doom 1 on Nightmare that isn't this hard. What the fuck man.
>>
Practice makes perfect, just start on easy and work your way up, that's how I did it.
Eventually I got so good I could breeze through it on MANIA setting.

Of course after that I stopped playing it for a decade and got my ass whooped on normal when I came back to it.

Practice Practice Practice.
>>
>>4181407
I keep meaning to beat this game but it's just too hard for me. I think I've made it as far as the first part of the last stage but just ran out of lives. I just suck at these kinds of games because once I start attacking I'm like locked into that motion and usually get hit back.

It doesn't help the genre by nature is very repetitive so I start to lose patience and make more errors.
>>
>>4181407
You're meant to die every two minutes. This is a classic credit feeder arcade game.
>>
>>4181407
Git gud.
>>
Literally beat it last year in my first playthrough. My tip is to spam Axel's GRASSHOPPER
>>
File: Streets of Rape 2.png (18KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
Streets of Rape 2.png
18KB, 400x200px
>>4181407
>Blaze is my player of choice. Axel is too slow for me, Max and Skate are too retarded to do anything.

Nice bait.

In the 1% chance that it isn't, you probably should know that you're using the weakest character in the game (by far).

1) Pick Axel

2) Jab an enemy twice

3) Press forward, forward + punch

4) Repeat steps 2 and 3
>>
>>4181407
Game Genie for infinite continues...this game is arcade hard so I treat it like an arcade game which would have infinite continues.
>>
>>4181407
With Axel you can cheese the game pretty hard by keeping enemies in a stunlock with your jabs.
>>
>>4181480
Except it's not an arcade game and you have limited lives, which is the main problem. If it were, you could just spam the coin button forever and get through it.
>>
>>4181407
you can jab lock every standard enemy on default difficulty with Axel by spacing it so they don't actually combo (and even if you wait a little too long between jabs, most enemies still wait a moment before actually doing anything -- a handful of bosses will fuck you up though, some only if you don't have the timing down exactly)
also, grand upper is great, use the shit out of that

also, for some reason, I feel like you died to Jet at some point
literally just jump kick him every time he dashes forward, try to line up with him from a distance to trigger the dash (there's probably a faster way, but this one is stupid easy)
>>
File: thug streets of rage 2.png (235KB, 819x609px) Image search: [Google]
thug streets of rage 2.png
235KB, 819x609px
>>4181635
>>
SoR2 is basically unplayable on the higher difficulties if you aren't Max or Axel.
>>
>>4181635
Skate destroys.
>>
>>4181742
Did you mean to reply to >>4181735
>>
You don't have to play on Hard anon. I won't look down on you. I feel like classic beat 'em ups just get too ridiculous and unfair on the higher difficulties. I play another genre when I want to get my competitive fix, like bullet hell or turn-based strategy.
>>
>>4181407
Difficulty isn't the problem. I despise the farty, lazy sound effects. I hate the bland, unimaginative backgrounds. I dislike the ludicrous sprites and animation. The music makes me wanna punch the composer in the babymaker. But whats the most annoying of all are the SOR/bare knuckle fanboys that keep preaching how its the best thing ever. I love sega, love the megadrive but streets of rage just gives me RAGE.
>>
>>4181669
You realize that was the purpose of those kinds of arcade games

Not to 1cc

But to take as many quarters as they could
>>
>>4183008
Those games are generally accepted as shit though. There's a reason most belt scroller threads on /vr/ are just about Streets of Rage and Final Fight.
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 331x152px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 331x152px
Ahhhh, welcome to the 4th gen of gaming, Grasshopper.
While not as white knuckle, controller cushing/contorting as the 3rd, it gussied up the graphics and sound (ohh, the OST's from this gen....0.0) and a wider variety of games made gaming more accessible to new fans and hold-outs (Johnny-come-latelys') from previous generations.
>>
>>4181837

Amazing. OP asks for help on a game, and you don't even answer his question, you just trash on it for some reason. What made you want to open up an SoR thread, a game you clearly hate, just to throw out your opinion? I feel like anyone normal would just scroll past the thread.
>>
>>4181742
Skate is top tier for fun. Cody is just too retarded with that fucking uppercut.
>>
>>4183008
Yeah that's why there were secret 1cc endings in games like Final Fight or D&D right retard
>>
>>4183008
Yes, that's what I'm saying...SoR acts as if it's an arcade game made for munching quarters when there are no quarters to be gained.
>>
>sor2
>hard
oiamlaffin
>>
git
u
d
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.