[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Romancing Saga 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

File: RomancingSaGa3-20%5B1%5D[1].png (27KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
RomancingSaGa3-20%5B1%5D[1].png
27KB, 256x224px
thread. For now i've been avoiding combats as much as possible, but i'm not sure if i'm doing it well. I have to kill Undine, the wizard of water, but i'm too weak.
>>
What a fucking failed experiment of a series.
>>
>>4181242
use commander mode
>>
>>4181249
What's the advantage, other than losing any control?
>>
>>4181252
try it and find out.

it helps to try different formations and weapon set ups, there are some fun things that happen if you give everyone a bow or certain other combinations of weapons and positions
>>
some fights are way easier in commander mode
>>
>>4181262
I have tried commander mode before i saw nothing special with it. Still, i'm killed in two turns. Should i grind a little before? Maybe i should complete another quest before this one, but i'm out of alternatives.
>>
>>4181284
>UMMMMMMMMM JRPGS ARE ALL GRINDING AND MASHING A
"Here's the SaGa games, grinding kills you, mashing A kills you, improper planning kills you, bosses will kill you."
>UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

This is you
>>
Whats up with no saga threads recently and the spike in contrarians?

I recently started frontier and 3, and I learned that good gear trumps stats unless the bosses are really fucking you up

Status altering matters also. Not just pure damage dealing
>>
>>4181269
you can beat undine with zero "grinding" by using commander mode

make sure you get a full party, get someone whose pretty strong to start with, like fat robin and nora

experiment with formations and weapon/character set ups

they need to be in certain spots using certain weapons to perform some combo waza
>>
>>4181325
it's summer, it'll pass
>>
File: 1496439704238.png (30KB, 710x577px) Image search: [Google]
1496439704238.png
30KB, 710x577px
>>4181296
Fair bants, lad.
SaGa still sucks though.
>>
What is commander mode? I've beat RS3 and haven't come across this.
>>
>>4181361
just remove your main character from the formation
>>
>>4181343
>with zero "grinding"
>get someone

So, you are basically telling me to spend hours to know who are the best, what equip is the best and what techniques are the best instead of just grinding? I tried using commander mode, but the fucking wizards with its rainning spells just kill me before i have a chance.

Up to now i have killed only the rats and an ugly fish from a frozen lake. What more can i do before trying to go after this wizard?
>>
I want to play the remix already.
>>
>>4181470
your characters fight with LP in commander mode and can't even get KO'd, they can only get LP killed

that's the entire point really

I'm also not telling you what to do, I just told you what you can do

You can beat undine if you know what you're doing, if you don't know what you're doing just fuck around in the game and mess it up, you can always restart

you don't need to grind specifically, just go somewhere else and find stuff and fight the monsters that explicitly get in your way
>>
>>4181242
>I have to kill Undine, the wizard of water, but i'm too weak.
Undine uses water spells, just get some piece of equipment that nullifies water and you've won half the fight already since she can only use one spell to hurt you in that case, as other people suggested you can also use Commander mode.
>>4181325
Threads are suspended until we get some news about the remaster, no use in having zombie threads.
>the spike in contrarians?
It's really one guy who's got something against the game and tries to shit up every thread when someone mentions SaGa.
Saw him on various JRPG threads on /v/ too, just hide and report.
>>4181470
>So, you are basically telling me to spend hours to know who are the best, what equip is the best and what techniques are the best instead of just grinding?
Dude you don't even need to know all of that, just use some common sense, you don't even need to grind.
>What more can i do before trying to go after this wizard?
Everything, this is a SaGa game.
Since you're having trouble with Undine specifically, why don't you take a hike to Pidona and travel around with the ships there? There's quite a few places you can only reach by taking the ship from there and some of those leads to good loot and questlines, especially if you go take a vacation in a certain tropical resort.
>>
>>4181325
>He fell for the contrarian meme
>>
>>4181325
There was a /v/ thread a week or two ago and I think some of the people from /v/ who got interested in the series flooded in to learn about the series while bringing their tendency to shitpost in threads they like with them.
>>
>>4182730
Nobody gives enough of a shit about this terrible board to stick around that long
>>
>>4183287
>t. triggered /v/irgin
>>
>>4182730
Maybe it's not just one guy like that other anon said, but I too saw the same shitposts in recent /v/ threads, so it's probably a just few of those /v/ kiddies, especially considering the frogposting.
But since you do mention that old thread, the guy who always shitposts in the /vr/ threads was there too, so who knows, he also does obessively shitpost around /vr/ about the threads too.
>>
How can i avoid surprise attacks? like 90% of encounters start as a surprise.
>>
>>4183447
Surprise attacks only happen if you run into enemies or they bump into you from behind, when you're near an enemy slow down, don't run into it, otherwise you'll start with a broken formation, this is a key mechanic in the old Romancing SaGa games.
>>
I just got final fantasy legend which I understand to be the first saga game. My party is 2 humans a mutant and I'm guessing a monster. Any tips for a beginner?
>>
>>4183682
>2 humans
Humans are pretty expensive to maintain, so you may regret this later.
>>
>>4183883
Only at the early levels. Later on the stat boosting potions will be fairly cheap in comparison to how much money you'll be obtaining from battles.
>>4183682
Just play. It is a short game and if you don't feel like a party is working for you you can always try different combinations. Monsters can get fairly powerful as well.
>>
Which SaGa game would be the best for someone who's already played Legend of Legacy up til near the end and enjoyed it?
>>
The best thing you can do is try to find other party members. Since you're probably playing on a emulator you should start with a fresh save state at the beginning of an area and try to level up since the exp points allow new to be learned at random numbers and don't save at the beginning of the battle. I tried that before I got my SFC and it once you enter the battle the outcome is already determined based on each pattern of attack almost like playing a computer in chess. Julian is probably the easiest to start with for beginners but Sara is also good once you get 6 members because she is one of the better characters for commander mode. I haven't played this one as much recently compared to RS2, which is a completely different system.
>>
>>4184682
SaGa Frontier or Romancing SaGa 3.
>>
>>4184682
LoL is a watered down Minstrel Song so technically, you should play Minstrel Song, but it's immensely more complex than LoL so I'd suggest you to start with Frontier to get used to how SaGa works.
While LoL shares a lot of basic mechanics with SaGa it still does things differently when it comes to everything but basic battle system premises, going into Minstrel Song straight from LoL might be very frustrating when you have to deal with ER, recruiting a large cast of characters, forging and everything else, Frontier will give you a good grasp on SaGa's basic progression and a modern version of its more common form of battle system.
>>
>>4183682
I was just wondering, can you rearrange abilities in saga1 like you do in saga2? To manipulate which spells mutants get. The randomness is rather annoying.
>>
>the fuckcunts who translated this restored a dummied out city but to reach it they make you fight the fiends with the faggiest character in history

Fuck poet, what a faggot.
>>
>>4181296
*Good* JRPGS are all grinding and mashing A. SaGa does it differently and ends up even worse for it.
>>
>>4187518
>SaGa does it differently and ends up even worse for it.
Why?
>>
>>4187530
The mechanics are unintuitive and rarely explained, so your options are to either look up a guide or do lots trial and error. It's less of a game of thinking about what makes sense and more throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.
>>
>>4187550
>The mechanics are unintuitive and rarely explained
The mechanics are extremely intuitive outside of Unlimited, and you could also read the game manuals like everyone did at the time.
What's unintuitive in "use this weapon to level up this weapon skill", "a slicing attack makes you learn an even more powerful slicing attack", "don't use piercing weapons on skeletons or blunt weapons on slime" and so on?
>It's less of a game of thinking about what makes sense and more throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.
Sounds like you're the usual braindead moron who emulated the game, didn't even bother thinking about getting a manual and then bitch about a series that was known for mechanical complexity and no handholding that it's hard to understand, go back to your Final Fantasies and their braindead shitty design, that's something more of your speed.
>>
File: hmmmmm.png (2KB, 117x117px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmm.png
2KB, 117x117px
>>4187518
>good jrpgs are all grinding and mashing A.
hmmm
>>
>>4187597
If a JRPG is good, it's because of the atmosphere or plot. Mashing A isn't good gameplay, but anything more in-depth in a JRPG is even more tedious.
>>
>>4187641
>If a JRPG is good, it's because of the atmosphere or plot.
>Playing games for the story
You don't belong in these threads.
>inb4 hurr durr RPGs taek no skillz
>>
>>4187641
Jrpg is not a genre.
>>
>>4187764
Stop playing RPGs literally made for the plot. Also stop only paying attention to the literal game right there for RPG gameplay. It's like looking at a pen and paper RPG as purely gambling because dice is occasionally a mechanic. It ignores the game that happens between the people playing and in the player's heads, which is super important in a JRPG.

Like, when I'm playing Dragon Quest, I'm thinking about the information I gathered in the town I stopped in, where I might want to go based off that, what spells I have, what things I might be able to buy with the treasure that might be there. Those are all just as much part of the "game" even though they aren't necessarily mechanics that are programmed into the cartridge.
>>
File: 1351521785462.jpg (104KB, 1040x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1351521785462.jpg
104KB, 1040x1140px
>>4187817
>Stop playing RPGs literally made for the plot.
I did since a long time ago?
>Also stop only paying attention to the literal game right there for RPG gameplay
>Stop playing a RPG for the RPG mechanics!
Uhhh...
>It's like looking at a pen and paper RPG as purely gambling because dice is occasionally a mechanic.
What does this have anything to do with the matters at hand?
>It ignores the game that happens between the people playing and in the player's heads, which is super important in a JRPG.
What are you even talking about?
Long term planning? Gathering information? Exploring and building a party? SaGa does it all better than the vast majority of japanese RPGs out there.
>Those are all just as much part of the "game" even though they aren't necessarily mechanics that are programmed into the cartridge.
What has that to do with anything? Especially talking about SaGa which does exactly all the things you mentioned, and it does them better than the vast majority of Japanese RPGs especially since it's freeform and non linear, I legitimately have no clue what you are going on about.
>>
>>4188040
I meant to respond to the guy you were responding to.
>>
>>4188050
Sorry about that then, I was pretty damn confused since you mentioned all that stuff that is also one of the best things in the series, I went full retard for a second.
>>
>>4187550

sounds like you just suck
>>
I don't understand why people think Unlimited Saga is so hard to figure out. I didn't use a guide and sure it took awhile to adjust but I eventually figured out enough to beat it. I like the supposedly unintuitive aspects. Instead of going up to a chest and hitting the A button and it opens and you get an item automatically, Unlimited Saga actually lets you lock pick the chest (or break it if you don't care about getting damaged) and disarm any traps on it, then you open it and can choose to take the item out or not. That is considered confusing because it isn't as simple as "press A in front of object" which is just a boring convenience mechanic. I am sure some people find it tedious to have to go through a longer method, but to me it is refreshing to have more choices.
>>
>>4181242
>Undine, the wizard of water, but i'm too weak.

> Not Going into the well and stealing the alsdk;fj and fighting both Ifrit and Undine.

I bet you don't even have best Robin.
>>
>>4187497
>dummied out city
I hadn't heard of this. Got any more info?
>>
>>4189649
the last time I beat up Undine Fat Robin sparked Screwdriver in the same fight

it was kind of hilarious
>>
>>4189649
>Ifrit
You mean Volcano.
>>4189885
Manasword basically made Shinon accessible, I don't think it was even supposed to be accessible in the first place, but since the prologue takes place there Shinon was fully built just for that small cinematic part, so Manasword made it a thing just to put a NPC that gives you stuff like a Dragon Gae Bolg, Seven Star Sword and other goodies, but you have to follow a rather obscure and convoluted original miniquest to even get access to Shinon.
So you got this terrible machine translated patch that makes little sense most of time, but hey, instead of actually making a good translation I took the time and effort to make a whole location playable and putting a hacked quest lmao.
>>
>>4190042
wait what

how the hell do you get to shinon then I never found that and I even found that stupid elephant village
>>
Might as well ask this here: What is the overall main goal in Romancing SaGa 3?

Haven't played the game in a while but I have tried it out couple of times and really enjoyed the art-style and the non-linear gameplay but I never figured out what exactly are you supposed to do after finishing one of the starting scenarios for the main characters. I mean there has to be some sort of main task I'm supposed accomplish, right?
>>
>>4190082
You're supposed to close the Abyss Gates.
>>
>>4189649
I did that having no idea what was waiting for me and saved down in the well
I had to spend like 20 minutes reloading save states cause the only way I could survive was to lock them down with stuns
>>
File: 34-RS3LP-Intermission-49.jpg (94KB, 551x480px) Image search: [Google]
34-RS3LP-Intermission-49.jpg
94KB, 551x480px
>>4190059
http://www.infinimana.com/rs3/docs/secret.txt
>>
>>4190451
>Yes, this is only in the English patch.
Is this a hack?
>>
File: SboCRaB[1].png (33KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
SboCRaB[1].png
33KB, 256x224px
>>4189649
>I bet you don't even have best Robin.
I actually have best Robin (i think), never considered the well thing.

Btw, at this point i don't know where should i go next: For Demon King's Palace, i need a ring; The water palace is too hard; Yuma is too hard; Maybe the fire palace? I wonder if i'm underleveling my characters.
>>
>>4191212
>go to all the places
>run from the enemies
>get the treasures
>slowly figure out which areas you can make progress in bit by bit
it's not that tough anon! you don't need to do any parts of it all in one go!

disclaimer: there are some events that are failed if you don't do them in one go, but it's not a big deal, some people die or something, whatever
>>
>>4191208
They added what is essentially a hack to the translation; the area in the Japanese version served no purpose and had no dialogue.
>>
>>4190451
of all the autistic

you know what I'm glad I didn't find it now.
>>
Waiting warmly for the remix in English. Mr. Kawazu will surely deliver.
>>
>>4191326
>RS2vita is still MIA
>>
How does the probability of mystic absorption in Frontier work?
Do more powerful enemies like Suzaku have a lesser chance of being absorbed?
Does wounding them affect the probability?
Can Master Ring be actually absorbed, as that one guide says?
>>
>>4190082
I always got the feeling that the game was either poorly translated or only half finished because tons of the shit I did in the game felt like it didn't serve any real purpose.
I think once I even made the game unwinnable since I couldn't turn that one city into a ship anymore due to having slaughtered both rival clans or something like that.
>>
>>4192157
If you finish them off with the Mystic Equipment in question, it's a guranteed absorb I believe.

If you don't then I think it works like an instant death attack and it certainly does seem that the stronger enemies are more resistant to that.
>>
>>4191219
>I don't know where else to go given my circunstances
>Just be yourself!
>>
>>4192157
Mystic weapons are instant death attacks that work based off a comparison of stats like most SaGa status effects, in this case I'd guess it's probably Psychic or Willpower. Even something that's really physically strong like a kraken can have a weak spirit so it's vulnerable to being instantly killed.

This is the case when monsters aren't outright invulnerable to instant death, which is true of all boss monsters.

When a Mystic weapon kills an enemy, regardless of whether it's instant death or HP damage, it will always absorb the monster's soul, unless the monster is simply unabsorbable, which can be the case. Mystic weapons will sometimes instantly kill enemies (like human enemies) without absorbing them.

You can't absorb Master Ring, but I think you can absorb Mariche by fighting Master Ring in the development room.
>>
File: 1415282987646.jpg (340KB, 700x681px) Image search: [Google]
1415282987646.jpg
340KB, 700x681px
>>4192157
best ship
>>
File: RetroArch-0710-234235.png (131KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0710-234235.png
131KB, 1333x1000px
>>4194238
they're just just friends
>>
File: 1470497201886.jpg (978KB, 1078x1649px) Image search: [Google]
1470497201886.jpg
978KB, 1078x1649px
>>4196361
I just really love Asellus' entire arc of character development, from ordinary girl, to accidentally a lesbian on the lam, to HEAVY METAL MURDER QUEEN.
>>
File: 1461219043041.png (305KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1461219043041.png
305KB, 5000x5000px
>>4196361
>they're just just friends
Zozma pretty much tells Asellus to stop hiding her gay, it's not outright stated in black and white but Asellus is confirmed homo in all of her endings but the human one, hell the Mystic ending is literally her building a harem of women, and to Illdon dismay being even "better" than daddy Orlouge at that.
She probably grew one or two dicks in that ending too, let that sink in for a moment.
>>
>>4196630
the cut content with Dr. Nusakan has her asking him if she's gonna grow a dick, and him telling her that she'll only grow a dick when she needs to grow a dick.

check sad panda to see what this would be like
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.