[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rate my low-noise RGB switch. also, A/V switching thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_20170810_162731_656.jpg (422KB, 1224x1602px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170810_162731_656.jpg
422KB, 1224x1602px
rate my low-noise RGB switch. also, A/V switching thread
>>
1st for Joytech
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
Running a couple of these bad boys (gscartsw). Best I've ever used.
>>
>>4180830
Whats the best cheap scart selector?
>>
File: DSC09024.jpg (239KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSC09024.jpg
239KB, 1024x768px
>>4180830
Never had a problem with my Bandridge switch
>>
>>4181031

This >>4181598
>>
>>4180830
>Wii U via SCART
are you retarded, son?
>>
>>4181598
>>4181702
>tfw Bandridge's passive 5-output switch is impossible to find
>tfw passive switches in general are hard to find
>tfw too stupid to use a matrix switch
I only need 4 inputs too, FUCK.
>>
File: philips-commutateur-peritel.jpg (35KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
philips-commutateur-peritel.jpg
35KB, 700x700px
Is there anything wrong with mechanical switches like this one?

Why do people spend so much cash on switches?
>>
what is scart? what systems is it available for without modding?

why is the wii u anon retarded??
>>
>>4182107
You're trolling, right?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCART
https://youtu.be/43dzrCAfU3A
http://www.retrorgb.com
>>
Meme/10.
>>
>>4181031
best is Bandridge non-powered
there's a bit of a problem with having all 5 in at once, but if you're willing to risk it then you can go inside and separate one connection on the motherboard with an x-acto knife. it'll give you a clear, lossless signal as long as you don't run too long off of it
>>
>>4182331
Please tell me more, what kind of a problem? Is there a specific port that needs to be free?
>>
>>4182453
iirc, there's a power leakage issue with port 5
if you have all 5 ports filled and started playing a game that wasn't on that one, then things would happen to that console
usually the LED light comes on despite you never turning it on

I think there's also some noise issues with this, but it doesn't matter if you fix it because that makes it run as it should
>>
>>4182487
I think I will hook the ps2 with component, I can't tell the difference between SCART and Component with this specific console. I've being using this switch with all 5 ports and never experienced such thing or maybe I didn't perceived it. Well since I got a 29 inches Wega triniton recently I will divide 240p content on the BVM (SCART) and 480i on the Wega (component)
>>
>>4182526
there's virtually no difference afaik
from what I've heard, something like the Framemeister doesn't do well with the PS2s synch if you were using that

if you wanted, I've heard of ways to force PS2 games into higher video quality and can try to link them here
>>
>>4180830
RGB is a meme and you've all fallen for it.
>>
>>4182547
>there's virtually no difference afaik
There is on technical level, but non on visible.
>>
OP here. What's the problem with wii u scart? It's all hooked to a 32" CRT, and the vWii CAN output 240p, even if the Wii U VC can't. HDTV is not an option for me simply because I can't afford it. And my TV doesn't have YPbPr, if that was what triggered you. I'm a eurofag and CRTs with component are very rare here, by that I mean I've literally never seen one IRL.
>>
>>4181835
>Why do people spend so much cash on switches?
you don't want any of the signals from one console going into another
that's what cheap switches do
>>
>>4182563
>CRTs with component are very rare here, by that I mean I've literally never seen one IRL.
Are you fucking 12? There's like six in the local old crap store that have component in. One is a aperture grille mask one even.
>>
>>4182563
There are HDMI to VGA adapters on the internet. Most 17" or higher CRT monitors will accept a 720p image. Check and see if the Wii U has a 480p mode. Hell, HDMI to S-video also exists, if that's your thang.
>>
>>4182563
you could always get a monitor with DVI in and get an HDMI-to-DVI converter
>>
>>4182526

The component encoder on the PS2 is generally regarded as being a little noisy. If you are using a RGB Scart to Component adapter, I doubt you will be able to tell the difference on a consumer level CRT.

The real reason to use component is for progressive scan, but you can do RGsB through SCART if your tv supports it.
>>
>>4182565
>you don't want any of the signals from one console going into another
what

oh, now I get it. It's one of those things like monster cables where tech illiterates are gulled into dishing out loads of cash to get the Best Possible Signal™.
>>
>>4182568
Are you in europe?

Anon is right btw. YPbPr only makes sense for EDTVs when RGB exists in the form of SCART. CRT EDTVs were extremely rare in europe therefore we only really started using YPbPr when LCD/Plasma HDTVs came along.
>>
File: IMG_20170807_172245_BURST14.jpg (789KB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170807_172245_BURST14.jpg
789KB, 4160x3120px
>>4180840
Seconding that Joytech.

I also have >>4181835 this, these switches are alright.
>>
File: 1420163669199 (2).png (12KB, 782x543px) Image search: [Google]
1420163669199 (2).png
12KB, 782x543px
>>4181835
I have this and it never ever worked for me except through one of the inputs, and then stopped. I assume it has something to do with a scart sense pin not being active on old ntsc consoles with fanmade scart cables. Maybe there's a trace I could cut, I don't know.
>>
>>4185102
Where is kitty?
>>
File: I_gots_the_hookups.jpg (670KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
I_gots_the_hookups.jpg
670KB, 2592x1944px
Is there a good VGA (D-sub 15) splitting solution? I got an old KVM switch but nothing for splitting.

>>4180856
I love mine too, but I only got one because I thought to play nice and only ask for one to give others a chance at getting one, but now SuperG refuses to make the JP21 edition of it. He has left the files up for people to make them, but it does not have the filtering upgrades the newer mini has, and I'd still prefer a D-sub 15 + JP21 out over dual Scart the mini comes with these days. How does one make one of these from the files he provided? What's the estimate for how much will that cost on just materials/production of the board?
>>
>>4184857
No, it can actually damage consoles and make the picture unviewable at all.
>>
>>4185061
>Are you in europe?
Yes.

>Anon is right btw.
But he's not. There are shitloads of YPbPr PAL CRTs for sale, they pop up all the time, especially smaller ones like 15". Sometimes pissing me off because they don't have SCART.
>>
>>4185185
Show us a listing for one then
>>
>>4185276
See
>>4182568
I'll go check for new shit in in a store that also has the in the upcoming weeks, if you want to, I'll post some pictures of what they have for sale on the /crt/ thread then
>>
>>4185323
If brick and mortar stores have them in abundance you would think eBay, Gumtree, Shpock and the like would be groaning with them too. Yet they are not.
>>
>>4185331
nobody cares about this shit, nobody even buys them, they just rot, at least rest of europe has more demanding recycling laws, where you can't sell them in such shops at all and only recycle

those where really popular here though, from name brands to chink shit, YPbPr CRTs, 15"-24", not even widescreen HDTV
>>
>>4180830
You like rgb?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.