[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

retro win games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: win.jpg (367KB, 1596x893px) Image search: [Google]
win.jpg
367KB, 1596x893px
i'm moving to a new house so i'm digging through my old stuff to check what to take with me and what to throw away. yesterday i've found old desktop pc - it's pentium 3 with win 95 or xp installed on it + crt 14 inch monitor. since i'm e retro dos / console gamer i don't know many win only games.
are there any that would make this old pc worth keeping?
>>
>>4180670
>I'm a redro doss/cahnsole gay-mer xDD
No, now leave and don't come back.
>>
>>4180670

yeah dos games
>>
>>4180683
wow. /v/ cancer is spreading fast.
>>
>>4180670
What sort of games in general do you like? Shooters? Strategy games? Rpgs? Puzzles? Adventure games? There's a zillion PC games, and without narrowing the question, it's essentially unanswerable.
>>
>>4180670

blade runner requires an old computer to run correctly.
>>
Backpacker 2.

I just got these of a private tracker in my language, but it seems like it's a hassle to get it to work on a new computer. Having an old computer would be way easier.
>>
>>4180670
>>4180670
>>4180670
>>4180670

>i like old shit

stop this board is not for you go back to /vr/ kys
>>
>>4180670
I just drop a few that might interest you since I've just fixed up an old ~2003 pc with XP for gaming. I don't know much about specs but these all work on mine. If anyone knows any must plays let me know.
>Strategy Games:
Age of Mythology/Age of Empires/Empire Earth
Starcraft/Warcraft series
>RPGs:
morrowind
planescape torment
almost anything made with rpgmaker xp
>Too Many Point+Click Adventure games and Tycoon/Simulation games to list
>>
Try Dungeon Master 2 Legends of Skullkeep
>>
>>4180765
It is. That's why he asked it to leave. Since you can't understand how he was able to quickly deduce that from the OP but instead got triggered I'll ask you to do the same.
Recommendation threads are bad enough but the bullshit backstory about le ebic dos gamer shit is too much.
>>
>>4180670
It's kind of impossible to recommend anything unless you say what you're into because there's so many windows games out there.
>>
>>4180670
The Hive was a pretty cool click and shoot tech demo.
>>
Nitemare 3D and the Exile series are a good start.
>>
>>4180670
ski free
>>
>>4180683
>Board is about video games
>"Stop enjoying retro games on my retro board fucktard loser virgin XDDD"
JUST
>>
>>4180670
*Daggerfall (TES episode 2, HUGE world, tons of fun)
*Doom, go check /vr/doom for more info.Basically the best fps known to mankind.
*Sword of the samurai, Light-strategy game, takes place in Edo era in Japan, goregeous pixel-art and music
*Battlefield Vietnam, great game with kickass ost
*Half-life 1, you know this one
*Simcity 2000, best simcity imo.

For more recommendations:
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PC
>>
>>4180670
>it's pentium 3 with win 95 or xp installed on it

Windows 95 and XP are completely different operating systems.

XP is descended from Windows NT.

95 actually relies on DOS to initialize, and can actually be booted into (real) DOS.
>>
>>4180670
I don't know the genre you want so I'll just throw in random stuff.

Age of Empires: Rise of Rome
Age of Empires 2
StarCraft
Warcraft 2
Alien Nations
Impossible Creatures
Dungeon Keeper 2
Europa Universalis 2
Heroes 3
Sid Meier's Civ3
Fallout 1/2
Dungeon Siege
ES: Morrowind
Quake 3 Arena
Worms Armageddon
Captain Claw
JazzJackrabbit 2
Rayman Forever
Wonderland
Hopmon
Lego Racers
Neighbours from Hell
Zoo Tycoon + DD + MM
Old flash games, just rip swf files and move them to your XP machine. Most games should play fine when opened with a browser.

I don't know the rest of your specs so the following will probably lag on your device:
Warcraft 3
Hitman 1/2

If your PC is 95 then half of these will be unplayable. As >>4187948 said, the two OSs are years apart and they use completely different kernels.
>>
>>4187948

Yeah that bothered me too, OP must be 12 or something and doesn't realize the enormous difference between the two.
>>
Liero Extreme. With friends on the same keyboard. Just disable windows keyboard shortcuts first
>>
>>4180670
Unless you want to teach yourself computer science for PC I would use an emulator instead. You will run into completely obscure problems that can't be goggled.

I would keep the old computer tho as you can use it to mod old consoles.
>>
>>4190615
I guess OP isn't the dumbest kid ITT after all.
>>
I had a disc set with over a hundred DOS games on it when I was little. I'm not sure what it was called, but the namea were something like "action pack" and "family pack".
Had stuff like the original Duke Nukem and the original Mario Bros arcade style game.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>4192236
There were literally thousands of packs like that.
>>
I remember a neat breakout clone with a powerup that let you spam the blocks with lasers... damned if I can remember its name, though.
>>4182317
No, anon, you are the cancer.

And then anon was a malignant tumour.
>>
>>4192327
It'd probably take an Ark full of noids to figure that one out.
>>
>>4180670
>AoE 2
>Rollercoaster Tycoon
>Pinball
>Quake I & II
>Megarace
>Warcraft II
>Unreal
>Legacy of Kain games
>>
>>4192613
Megarace was my shit
>>
File: wdfot1203b8.jpg (99KB, 900x591px) Image search: [Google]
wdfot1203b8.jpg
99KB, 900x591px
>>4180670
MONSTER TRUCK MADNESS
>>
>>4180670
Dust A Wired West, Darklands, Gabriel Knight 2, Quest for Glory 4, Dreamweb, System Shock
>>
>>4180670
Captain fucking claw
It's a must play
>>
File: Serious.jpg (42KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
Serious.jpg
42KB, 454x453px
>>4192994
>>
>>4192994
WILD
WILD
WILD TOTAL DESTRUCTION
>>
Creep Night Pinball
>>
File: sonic robo blast.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
sonic robo blast.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Sonic Robo Blast 2.
>>
>>4192594
No, no, it wasn't part of the Arkanoid series - it was its own thing, I'm sure of it.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.