[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WII

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

-your setup
-your peripheral

Hey everyone, sure i'm a little late to jump on the bandwagon, but i'm getting a wii next week and my crt is ready.
Clearly the most important task will be NES/SNES emulation and N64. Other than that i will emulate some mega CD and Saturn.

Playing NES/SNES games with the classic controller seems for me pretty spot on.

For the other systems, there are a couple of 3 in 1 adapters thats would fit perfectly. With the N64 controller and the Saturn contoller (for megaCD and Saturn) in combination with the classic controller there would be everything i want. But they theme to be shitty and doesnt work well. Is raphnet then my only option?

Wich controllers are you using for the other systems?

And what is your current setup?

Are you using the wii mainly for NES/SNES emulation, or do you have systems running like VCS2600, PC Engine and GameBoy?
>>
The Wii can play anything Fourth generation and earlier pretty well and is super easy to set up and connect to a CRT if that's what you're after.

It's probably the best for convenience but N64 is pretty poor on there. You can't emulate it well but if you stick to the Virtual Console games they're a limited selection but spot on.
>>
>>4179189
Use nintendont and play gamecube games if youre an accuracy fag like me
>>
>>4179189
I have the Wii looping through my PVM via component and on into my 60" plasma. I often use it as an easy way to fire up a particular classic game to show it to my wife or son without needing to spend time hooking the console up and for that I usually use the classic controller or just the Wiimote sideways. The wireless controller delay is noticeable to me though and on top of the HD delay it's pretty unplayable though I did figure out how to get the plasma into "game mode" and haven't tried it since then. If I were playing a game seriously I would probably use real hardware but I do have GC to Atari/NES/MD/SNES/N64/PS adapters.

The biggest way that I personally use my Wii+CRT setup is to play exclusives on retro computers I don't own with my mechanical keyboard via a PS/2 to USB adapter. Works fine.
>>
>>4179232
They say VC version of F-Zero X was translated insufficiently to the GC stick though.
>>
>>4179251
All N64 games were.
>>
File: Wii-is-For-Girls.jpg (146KB, 580x797px) Image search: [Google]
Wii-is-For-Girls.jpg
146KB, 580x797px
OP here, thanks for the interessting replys so far.
Mostly i will revisited some games i played back in the days. It dosnt have to be that perfect and i dont think i will play obscure games that suffers by emulation. Its more or less a thing for rainy days. Since there are so many step by step tutorials it dosnt can be that complicated, so no questions for that.
But for the n64 emu, what way do you use for playing with the n64 pad? The wii i will get ist the one with the gamecube ports, so at least i can play with an gamecube pad, even when its translated insufficiently. But would be nice to play with that unique n64 pad.

Using the wii with an mechanical keyboerd is a thing i would never would think of, nice to know its possible.

Anyone who emu the staurn here? specily sega rally and NiGHTS.
>>
File: courage.jpg (2MB, 2100x1708px) Image search: [Google]
courage.jpg
2MB, 2100x1708px
>>4179189
Someone should be working more on the coding of 5th generation emulators because Wii is such a fucking comfy beast and easy to plug on crt's.
The fact that I can play resident evil 0, remake, 2, 3, Code Veronica X and 4 makes me so happy.
For NES I just use retroarch and the wii mote sideways and for the rest I use the gamecube and the classic controller.
Also there's a cool homebrew called WiiMC to watch videos from your harddrive and micro SD. It's very comfy to watch retrocartoons on it in 4:3 resolution (720 and 1080p videos work really bad tho)
>>
I've got my Wii ready to go with component cables and homebrew hacks but no CRT :^(
>>
>>4179364
This reminds me of being a middle schooler jacking off to videos of topless women playing wii
>>
>>4179239
What do you use to show your wifes son
>>
>>4179990
thinking of getting one for emulation is it good
>>
>>4179189
I use a wii classic controller for playing emulated ps1/n64 games on pc
>>
>>4180000
The wii emulators arent quite as good as everyone says
I tried to emulate dkc3 and it ran well below full speed
>>
>>4180020
At least theres a vc port of that game, but yeah the snes emulator is not great. Virtual console injections are still an option too.
>>
>>4179237
Hold the fuck up.

Wii plays gamecube 100% though.

Though between dios miso and nintendont I noticed in killer 7 that some shaders were different.
>>
>>4180340
nintendont runs in wii mode from what i remember
while dios mios works by modifying/using the GC mode.
>>
have a wii hooked up to component to a trinitron

i have a 500gb hdd for gamecube and wii, some VC games in the internal memory (mostly ones that dont work in emunand), and a small 4gb sd card for the rest of Virtual Console / WiiWare via CIOS Emunand running through USBLoader GX.

I just use a classic controller for NES/SNES/Mega Drive/PC Engine/Neo Geo, a GC controller for N64, and a classic controller pro for Sin & Punishment. I pretty much just use official VC , and Gen Plus gx since its real good. I find snes9x to be pretty spotty.

Though this is just a stopgap till i get a flashcart for my snes and 64, it still gets the job done very well, and super cheap too
>>
>>4179239
I use a wasd code with mx clears with adaptor to play typing of the dead on dreamcast. It feels epic.
>>
>>4179972
Craigslist anon. Wegas are 40 or under.
>>
>>4180020
SNES9XGX is still getting updates and runs excellently, even on SuperFX games now. FCEUGX is still getting updates as well.
>>
>>4179189
So yummy omfg.
>>
>>4179189
i softmodded mine way back when and played most snes/nes games that i could acquire with the wii snes controller lookalike..might hook it back up for nostalgia although i have a retropi in the making.
>>
>>4180340
A Wii is essentially an overclocked gamecube.
>>
>>4179364
Dem thighs. I must dive in
>>
File: hori battle pad.jpg (32KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
hori battle pad.jpg
32KB, 500x385px
>>4179189

Mine is hooked up to my main living room TV; a 43' 720p Samsung Plasma that has an excellent upscaler, low latency, and a dedicated 240p mode.

USB Launcher GX as a frontend, with Nintendont configured for Gamecube loading.

As far as accessories go, I use a Hori Battle Pad (pic related) for Gamecube & N64 VC since Nintendont has classic controller support, it's way cheaper than Wavebird, and it plugs into the Wiimote.

I use the Classic Controller for NES (FCeuX), PC Engine (WiiMendafen), SNES (SNES9xGX), Genesis (Genesis Plus GX) and GameBoy (mGBA), etc.
>>
Any thoughts on USBLoaderGX vs Wiiflow? I like the aesthetic of Wiiflow, but it seems kinda flimsy in its functionality.

I'd also like to de-clutter my SD card. There are loads of useless files that show up in various homebrew menus. Any advice on this would be great.

>>4181719
nice controller, i just wish it plugged into the gamecube ports. If you want to play shooters like timesplitters, the gamecube triggers are crap.
>>
My Wii shell has lots of superficial scratches; are they easy to buff out?
>>
>>4179189
who is she???????
>>
File: 20170810_233723.jpg (381KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
20170810_233723.jpg
381KB, 816x612px
>>4182506

Haven't tried WiiFlow, but LoaderGX integrates EmuNAND channels, GameCube ISO via Nintendont, and Wii ISOs, all in a single interface. Also it has a Channel View which is very close to the stock Wii interface.

>>4182506

Pop the SD Card out, see what stops working. I have everything on my USB Hard Drive, loader, emulators, emunand, ISOs etc.

The reason I went with that controller is because it plugs into the Wiimote and is recognized as a Classic Controller, and it works with GameCube games via Nintendont. It probably introduces some latency but I haven't noticed.
>>
Hey guys, seems to be common to use a modded wii with the classic and the gamecube pad for all sorts of games.

What i find curios, isnt there a way to use the 3 in1 usb adapters, or the 2 N64 pads to usb from mayflash, on the wii?

There is an adapter for gamecube, for using usb controller, wich maybe can be used for the 3 in 1 usb adapter, but this seems a bit retarded.

>>4182569 no idea, sorry.
>>
>>4183174
You can use a lot of USB stuff out of the box for GCN games with Nintendont. Otherwise most folks (myself included) get [Whatever Console You Want] to GCN converters. I use a PSX to GCN adapter with a pre-Dual Shock PSX controller when I need better response time than the Classic Controller/Wiimote will give me.
>>
File: 84614206.jpg (72KB, 996x920px) Image search: [Google]
84614206.jpg
72KB, 996x920px
>>4183191
yeah, but with nintendont i could not used usb for the emulated stuff. So i will get that n64 to CGN adapter and play for the beginning with the classic pad the older stuff.
>>
>>4179189
Why this image?
>>
>>4179189
I have sorta of a retro setup in the living room, I recenlty gave away the LCD there because nobody watched it anyway, so I hooked up my huge ass Sony Trinitron CRT and plugged my N64 with an Everdrive and my Wii,

I enjoy playing LTTP on sundays using an actual snes controller with a mayflash adapter, have a NES one but for some reason it wont properly work.

Planning on downloading some Genesis stuff
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.