[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

you're going to the tower to fight this guy. who's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 16

File: TowerofGods-ffvi-ios.png (1MB, 1024x2049px) Image search: [Google]
TowerofGods-ffvi-ios.png
1MB, 1024x2049px
you're going to the tower to fight this guy. who's your final four? i need the answers to these things. the battle is easy no matter who you bring, but that's not the point. the point is which four make the most sense for you. personally:

first, terra has to go. that's a no-brainer.

second, i don't see how you can take one of the twins and not the other to the final battle. it just doesn't feel right. they're both too awesome. they're two and three.

so the only real decision is between locke and celes. celes is probably a better choice b/c runic and so on. she's also usually a better fighter and caster by this point as well. but locke is a bro and has been there from the start.

it's a tough call. if the roster was expanded to 5 as in ff4 i wouldn't have these problems. life would be so much easier.
>>
Cyan just because he has the biggest beef with kefka
>>
Terra, Celes, Cyan, and my 4th is a random choice between Mog/Edgar/Sabin

Only time I ever bothered with Locke is when there's a boss or enemies in a certain area that have something worth stealing.
>>
4 imps.
>>
File: ffvi.jpg (88KB, 738x461px) Image search: [Google]
ffvi.jpg
88KB, 738x461px
>>4178979
>>4178987
>cyan
hmm. that's a pretty good call gents. with all of the dream-sequence stuff he goes through i always figure he's just sorted out

but yeah, i mean: if they're trying to work out the fourth spot on the falcon or whatever, and cyan says, 'you guys can argue all you want, i'm going. i'm fucking waiting for you guys' it's not like anybody is going to say no, sorry bro.

damn. cyan. strong case there. good stuff boys. real good stuff

>>4178989
>4 imps
kek
the patrician choice for sure
>>
>>4178975
I always went with Locke, Celes, Terra, and Edgar.
>>
Should try that "bring anyone you want" shit in Brave New World and see how that goes for ya.
>>
>>4179119
good idea desu

haven't played it yet
>>
umaro
>>
>>4178975
There's no real answer because it all depends of how you chose to level up and develop your characters, anon. Yeah, Terra and Celes are supposed to be your main casters because of their superior magic skills but if you never balanced their Esper bonus during the game they can end up being completely useless on the final battle.

For what's worth, my final team was Terra and Celes for magic attacks, Sabin for physical damage and Shadow to throw Imp Halbers for 9999 damage each.
>>
Terra, Celes, Edgar, Sabin

Though it doesn't really matter. No matter who I'd pick I spend the whole time spamming Ultima.
>>
Mog, Gogo, Umaro, Loli
>>
>>4178975
Setzer with his dice that do like 16x 9999 or whatever trick he has, I forget

Sabin because he's a fuckin beast

Gogo to mimic each of the above

Locke because he's cool. Give him dual swords or something to wreck shit with
>>
>>4178993
you're not smart and you're not cool and nobody wants your approval because you're lazy and you don't do any work to prove your ideas have merit

stop posting while you're high
>>
>>4178975
Celes, Edgar, Setzer
>>
File: 7748532_f520-1.jpg (52KB, 520x345px) Image search: [Google]
7748532_f520-1.jpg
52KB, 520x345px
>>4179469
setzer is insanely op w/the genii glove & offering

>>4179523
>you're not smart and you're not cool
sweet

>nobody wants your approval
this a strange thing to say but it's still fucking fantastic

>lazy
objectively true

>you don't do any work to prove your ideas have merit
uh not on /vr/ talking about ff6 no

>stop posting while you're high
uh
ok

anyways

what i really want to know is you take to kefka's tower

maybe you could talk about that instead

i think cyan was a pretty good call
>>
>>4179523
This fucking guy
>>
File: 1479001725167.png (129KB, 560x818px) Image search: [Google]
1479001725167.png
129KB, 560x818px
Setzer- Genji Glove + Offering + DoomDice = ridiculously op

Locke- Genji Glove + Ultima Weapon + Valiant Knife = High damage regardless of current hp, haste relic and quick spell a must

Strago- Highest magic stats in the game, bolster through leveling with espers = strongest of any kind of magic. gem box required

Cyan- because how could you not love a guy whose reaction to the wholesale murder of his entire kingdom is to rush to the nearest enemy base and start dicing people to shreds? bolster vigor thru leveling w/espers and a genji glove of course
>>
Edgar because Tool is OP.

Sabin because Blitz is utilitarian as fuck.

Terra for magic boosted by Morph for huge damage output.

Gogo mimicing Tool, Blitz and Magic holding fourth position, reacting to the enemy's move.
>>
>>4178975
I've always wondered: what the fuck are these things you're fighting before Kefka? Is it the Statues revived? Are they different incarnations of Kefka? Is it a deformed and magically mutated Gesthal? Is it the tower itself?
>>
>>4181376
the top part is michelangelo's pieta
>>
File: warring triad.jpg (125KB, 584x1000px) Image search: [Google]
warring triad.jpg
125KB, 584x1000px
>>4180564
that art is wicked, thx for posting that.

>>4181376
>Is it the Statues revived? are they different incarnations of Kefka?
good question. i've never really thought about it but i think you're right. may they are the statues, but perhaps they have become infused with the traces of magitek experimentation that destroyed kefka's own mind, or made him who he was. hence the steampunk stuff and the pipes and whatever else. and that too fused into the tower also, i suppose.

such an incredible game. i could talk about this game forever. it's too bad the big guy himself is such a cakewalk.
>>
File: FFVI_IOS_Final_Boss_Second_Tier.png (405KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
FFVI_IOS_Final_Boss_Second_Tier.png
405KB, 960x640px
>>4181459
>>4181376

just to nerd out on this subject a little more:

the pipes in the way they are plugged into the figures of these beings are kind of telling, imho. is this pre-kefka kefka? maybe when he was a normal guy? or when he was a crazy guy but before he had his crazy jacked up to 11? who's the girl in red? how about those multiple other versions? are they all him remembering being experimented on? and then the mutated guy in blue, covered with lightning - or are they scars?

a little further up he seems more chill, but this scene doesn't exactly look like a mind at ease. are these all memories?
>>
>>4181505
and the front view.

i mean one way they could have made this battle more challenging is by having the whole monster on the screen at the same time, and just overwhelming you with the number of attacks. the battle is fine the way it is, of course, but a guy can imagine these things.

when you encounter the thing all at once, it looks like a demented steve jackson creation. having the battle go stage-by-stage upwards, in profile, almost tells a kind of story.
>>
>>4178979
He's just a poor mans Gryz. Could not even save his kid. Unlike Gryz who saved his sister, Grandfathe Dorin, and others. Probably would have got Black Wave'd by Zio desu.
>>
>>4178975
Terra
Locke
Celes
Cyan

stole 9 genji gloves on the floating isle
Celes/locke/terra whailing away with atlas armlets/genji gloves
Meanwhile Cyan has offering/genji with two Stratos with Vigor only matched by the gods because the entire game I had him holding Ifrit/Bismark espers.

I always let Cyan get the killing blow.
>>
File: the_ecstasy_of_saint_theresa.jpg (98KB, 485x700px) Image search: [Google]
the_ecstasy_of_saint_theresa.jpg
98KB, 485x700px
>>4181509
the way the light comes down at the top from the sun/halo kind of resembles pic rel also. bernini's ecstasy of saint theresa and the rather un-chaste goddess figure atop the tower are more profane than sacred, but perhaps that's what happens when you fuck around with magitek & the warring triad and so on.

death by excessive pleasure; not the worst way to go, i suppose. how's that for a final fantasy.

damn i love this game.

>>4181526
that's a good final four as well.
>>
>>4178975
>Get the og version of the game.
>Do the item dupe glitch on triangle island
>have 99 illumina's in 20 slots
game over breh. I remember having Shadow throw em. 9999 every time. Merit Awards perhaps? It's not even fair.
>>
>>4178975
Gau, Umaro, Gogo (copying Gau), Cyan

throw all on autopilot and sword arts that shit
>>
>>4181539
>shadow throwing 99 illuminas
that is fucking glorious

see & that's the thing. having shadow throw 99 illuminas is just too fucking brilliant when there isn't an enemy worthy of that kind of invention. there were just too many ways to break the shit out of this game and not enough challenges that would reward that kind of stuff. more megabosses were required. they kind of had one going on with doomgaze.

i even came up with an idea for a sequel. or at least a hook. and a cool boss for it too. hint: it's not pic rel:

banon. ff6: the returners. in the after years, you and the are party putting back the pieces of the world, and beginning to re-open magitek plants: But For Good, This Time, And Not Evil. right? you have to work for the Empire now and put the world back together. but somebody is mysteriously making life hard...guess who returns from the dead, to shut you down? necro-Banon: 'haven't you fools learned? have you learned nothing?' so Banon returns - or is returned - from the dead to prevent you from using magic once again: the Returners. back to finish the job once and for all, by any means necessary...
>>
>>4181578
nice scenario.
>>
>>4181578
great fanfiction nerd why don't you make a shitty mod patch out of it
>>
>>4181382
I meant as in who/what you're fighting exactly. You go to fight Kefka, the battle starts and while you just assume that Kefka's transformed into some monstrosity, you realize that you only encounter the real Kefka after fighting the three tiers. You already fought the statues, so the tiers can't be those (and they're more powerful than the statues) so what's the story behind the tiers?

I know gameplay-wise it's just to get the large cast more involved (FFVII did a similar thing with Bizarro-Sephiroth).

>>4181459
>it's too bad the big guy himself is such a cakewalk
Indeed. One of the easiest final bosses in the series.

>>4181505
>is this pre-kefka kefka?
Interesting idea. I honestly never really noticed the magitek parts before, but the tiers serving as Kefka's biography from experimentation to now is a cool idea, especially since the only hint at Kefka's backstory is from that one NPC in Vector. I kind of wish it really was that as opposed to the hell -> heaven journey.
>>
File: ff6gba_map33-MagitekFactory.png (378KB, 1768x2235px) Image search: [Google]
ff6gba_map33-MagitekFactory.png
378KB, 1768x2235px
>>4181595
wouldn't it be fucking awesome? instead of an airship, you could wind up running/customizing/developing/administering your own magitek plant.

so once again, you have to go around and collect all of the espers & so on...but i mean, of course, this time they're a little gun-shy. maybe the idea is you want to build a super-esper that can repair the WoR...but isn't this what the Empire wanted to do in the first place?

right? but this time, *you're* the Empire...

i don't know. but basically running & building your own magitek factory & doing R&D or whatever else would be fucking wicked as anything. you could make magitek armor & stuff & aaaaaaaah so good

>>4181602
b/c i'm lazy & stupid. i'll write fanfiction tho. will take care of that. i can also write bonus esper erotica scenes if you're cool with that. they mostly feature bismarck the whale getting his freak on with trees tho. i hope that's not too weird
>>
>>4181578
There can't be magitek if magic doesn't exist anymore. FFVI's only hope is a prequel or a sequel that builds upon the unanswered things about it. The sunken castle and where The Warring Triad came from. Something like revealing that magic is slowly but surely coming back. The more "magical" characters pick up on this: Terra, Celes, Strago and Relm. Investigating eventually leads the party to more places that were forgotten after the War of the Magi like the underground castle. It's revealed through some old archives that magic is actually some sort of spacetime disturbance created by the presence of gods. The Warring Triad turn out to be part of a pantheon and their brethren show up wondering what the fuck is going on with this nobody planet and why have their siblings all been killed. Standard humanity vs gods bullshit plays out from there. Stakes get higher and the party has to resort to getting in even closer contact with magic: becoming espers which basically serve as not-dressspheres/a job system.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>4181615
>one of the easiest final bosses in the series.
yeah. i mean people complain about ff6 that's anticlimactic & loses the plot at the midway, even though for me this is part of the charm...but still, the final fight is over even before you get to hear the whole of the fucking score.

but you *do* get to get to 3:10, which is where shit gets real.

Dancing Mad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbXVNKtmWnc

>I honestly never really noticed the magitek parts before, but the tiers serving as Kefka's biography from experimentation to now is a cool idea, especially since the only hint at Kefka's backstory is from that one NPC in Vector. I kind of wish it really was that as opposed to the hell -> heaven journey.
yeah, i mean, i hadn't really thought about it either until this thread.

and that's another thing: kefka's whole backstory, magitek experimentation, cid, all of that. how does that work? how is magicite produced? how do you create magitek knights?

>the exact process for creating Magitek knights is unknown, but it apparently involves some sort of augmentation to the brain, and according to Celes Chere, the subject is asleep during the procedure. Kefka Palazzo was the first experimental Magitek knight, but the process wasn't perfected yet and it drove him insane. Later experiments refined the process to be more reliable. Kefka, however, was implied to be significantly stronger than Celes in terms of magical ability

so does magical ability correspond with insanity? how about getting kefka himself as an optional secret join-up member?

>>4181662
this is good

what do you think of something like this:

how about if necro-Banon fuses a gigantic lost mega-airship - like the Big Whale from FF4 - with doomgaze? two can play the magitek game, my friends...

also we probably don't need to use too many spoilers, it's going to get ridiculous and this game will never get made anyways. but you're right, i didn't think about the WT being in it.
>>
>>4181578
I just had him throw several Imp Halberds

>go dinogrinding
>get tons of the things
>"hey they have 9999 throw damage!"
>>
>>4181578
>see & that's the thing. having shadow throw 99 illuminas is just too fucking brilliant when there isn't an enemy worthy of that kind of invention.

Shadow can throw Imp Halbers for 9999 damage a pop. By that point of the game you should have literally dozens of them stashed around because unless you collect the entire Imp armor set and then Impize the character wearing it, that gear is completely useless.
>>
>>4181578
Honestly, I would set a sequel 20 years or so in the future and have core members of the returners be the bad guys. But make it a big reveal and a conspiracy and all that shit.like, make their motives umderstandable, but their actions inexcusable. That kind of thing.
The MCs would be young people, and keep it limited to only one or two legasy characters.like mog's child and maybe (MAYBE) the little girl artist who's name escapes me at the moment grown up or something. Nothing to heavy handed like Terra's bastard or something.

Final boss would be Terra, of course. In esper form and out of her mind. Killing her sets her free and saves the world.
>>
I just want to see Locke and Celes become a treasure hunting duo desu. When we see them they still aren't together, but they will be during the events of the game.
>>
>>4180564
That is one erotically buff Umaro
>>
>>4182074
>kill muh waifu
then_the_world_shall_burn.jpeg
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 225x224px
Sorry guys, Kefka's tower is based on Dante's work, "The Divine Comedy", appropriate enough for a clown-god like Kefka. The tower's 3 tiers represent Hell, Purgatory, and Heaven.

>In Hell, the Devil is depicted as a great demon trapped in a frigid prison at the waist, not unlike the appearance of Visage. I don't know about the Long Arm and Short Arm, though I suspect they were just added to give the player some extra challenge.

Purgatory was depicted as a place where those who had no sins, yet did not believe, were left to suffer outside of God's light for all eternity. This suites the middle quartet of enemies nicely:

A) Power, someone who feels that he makes his own fate and is not guided by God, and thus is lost.

B) Tiger, for those animals which defied God's will by attacking his chosen people, humans, yet who do not have the sentience to understand their crime.

C) Magic, for those who refute God in favor of some other deity they believe to be responsible for their abilities (presumably the Three Goddesses in FFVI).

D) Machine, for those who found a 'God in the Machine,' and thus lost sight of the true God.

In Heaven, Dante meets famous saints. The third step of the mountain, Rest and Lady, could be a depiction of these saints. It has also been suggested that the two opponents were meant to be abominations of a Michaelangelo sculpture, "Pieta," which depicts Jesus laying at rest in Mary's lap after his crucifixion. If you get a chance to look at an image of the statue next to Lady and Rest, you'll find that there's a curious similarity between the two.

At the end of Dante's journey he meets God himself, who tells him the meaning of life. In this case, Kefka is God, and he informs us that life is meaningless.
>>
>>4183291
man this is such a good post.

what do you think of this? it's a passage from deleuze's book on leibniz and i find it kind of eerie how appropriate it is.

>even compressed, folded, and enveloped, elements are powers that enlarge and distend the world. it hardly suffices to speak of a succession of limits or of frames, for every frame marks a direction of space that coexists with the others, and each form is linked to unlimited space in all directions at once. it is a broad and floating world, at least on its base, a scene or an immense plateau. but this continuity of the arts, this collective unity in extension, goes out and beyond, toward an entirely different unity that is comprehensive and spiritual, punctual, is indeed conceptual: the world as a pyramid or a cone, that joins its broad material base, lost in vapors, to an apex, a luminous origin or a point of view.

>leibniz's world is one that encounters no difficulty in reconciling full continuity in extension with the most comprehensive and tighlly knit individuality. Bernini's Saint Theresa does not find her spiritual unity in the satyr's little arrow, that merely spreads fire, but in the upper origin of the golden rays above.

part of the reasons why this game appeals to me so much is because the designers just tapped into stuff that seems so fucking enormous sometimes. as works of art go it's in a class by itself, because it's so much of a meditation on these questions of creativity, magic, technology, desires, hopes, dreams...a world where people pretend to be gods or play at them, and all it results in is ruination and destruction. it's a real confrontation with nihilism in that sense. that even art and power isn't enough if some kind of higher meaning is not there.

i could talk about ff6 for days.
>>
>>4178975
The top 4 with the the highest magic stats, because fuck you plot, I'm a gamer.
>>
>>4178975
>ios
/G/et >>>/out/
>>
1. Terra
She's both a physical and magical beast and I figure it's better to have at least one actually important character.

2. Gau
Some of his rages are fucking completely broken. Also has decent magic power. OP as shit.

3. Relm
I used esper bonuses to get her already insane magic power stat even higher. It went so high, that casting Ultima caused some kind of counter rollover and it only did 600-700 damage for awhile. (It got back up to 4000 though.)

4. Mog: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
gau can one shot him with the deadly nightshade rage
that's hilarious
>>
>>4178975
Four MOABs.
>>
Fuck sequels, what this game needs is a prequel. Terra was like, 1 year old when she was captured by the empire, yet they still do the slave crown bullshit. Why? What the fuck happened? Are they really just completely incapable of indoctrinating anybody, even if they raise them from an infant?
>>
>>4183450
He can? I never learnt that one.
>>
>>4183448
>Mog: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The mascot's a decent spellcaster and dragonknight.
>>
File: mzHnJA0.jpg (404KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mzHnJA0.jpg
404KB, 1920x1080px
>>4183432
>ios
it's true, it's so true. i just used that one b/c i'm lazy

>>4183528
>mascot
superior species: moogles or tonberries? has to be tonberry, yes?

>>4183487
>Fuck sequels, what this game needs is a prequel.
i'm fine with this.

>Are they really just completely incapable of indoctrinating anybody, even if they raise them from an infant?
this is a good point. it seemed to work for general leo, but maybe he was just a cool bro who was inclined to see the good in everything.

optional class that this game was missing: magitek engineer. i'd like to be able to make my own magicite out of slain enemies, tweak level-ups, all the rest. maybe use it to infuse custom-built magitek armor. or weapons. stuff like that.

all of this stuff was carried over as materia in ff7 & elsewhere, but man. man. magitek factory management just has a lot of appeal. especially if it could fly, or bury underground, like castle figaro...
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.