[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is your favorite universe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Ultima.jpg (431KB, 717x945px) Image search: [Google]
Ultima.jpg
431KB, 717x945px
Ultima or Might&Magic?
>>
Might&Magic although Britannia is probably more fleshed out.
>>
File: ns.jpg (228KB, 795x795px) Image search: [Google]
ns.jpg
228KB, 795x795px
I never got the appeal of Ultima. MM all the way.
>>
M&M only really started to build a world with M&M6 revisiting the world from HoMM2.
Before that you're always thrown into a new setting with relatively little interaction. Most plot is limited to the manuals with no meaningful relation to the events of the game. Even Alamar as a recurring villain remains shallow and vague.

On the other hand Britannia becomes your second home.
>>
>>4178748
Sounds like someone hasn't really played M&M all that much. Sheltem is pretty fleshed out and in M&M2 and 3 there's plenty of lore tidbits and with 3 you can press V to talk to Corak to get information and backstory on an area as well as quest information.
>>
>>4178768
Also before anyone replies I do think Britannia has a more detailed world and characters.
>>
M&M, never could get into Ultima's battle system.
>>
>>4178768
>3 there's plenty of lore tidbits and with 3 you can press V to talk to Corak to get information and backstory on an area as well as quest information.
And they dropped that feature for 4/5.
I guess it's a feature you easily forget about.

Maybe the problem was that you start with a new party in 3 so it doesn't really feel like you chased Sheltem to his home turf.
>>
>>4178650
San Francisco RUSH
>>
M&M
Ultima feels too much like a mash up not a original idea.
>>
File: xeen_map.png (11KB, 960x675px) Image search: [Google]
xeen_map.png
11KB, 960x675px
>>4179419
Funny, I was going to say the same thing about M&M. I'm workin' my way through M&M4 right now and I'm getting a start of a feeling of territory, but mostly it feels like quest handouts dropped onto a map from a great height.
>>
>>4180296

Was the Clouds of Xeen world map really that small?

I always thought that "Remembering things from your childhood to be bigger than they really were"-effect only applied to real-world objects...
>>
>>4178650
I miss Lord British.
>>
>>4180325
Everything feels bigger when taking a couple of steps can kill you and you're expected to comb through every square.
>>
File: MM1-worldmap.png (641KB, 2460x1980px) Image search: [Google]
MM1-worldmap.png
641KB, 2460x1980px
>>4180325
>>4181594
It's interesting that M&M1 feels larger because it is more labyrinthine and the single quadrants seem more distinct while 2, 4 and 5 have only 5/6 regions and 3 has 6 groups of islands.
Placing the enemies on the world map in 3 onward also kind of shrunk things down.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.