[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best control scheme for Quake 2 for N64?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: large.jpg (27KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
27KB, 320x240px
How are you guys controlling Quake 2 for N64? I find scheme 2 the best, although it has its drawbacks.

#2 basically has the same layout as Goldeneye. #1 seems like it might be ideal, except it messes with years of motor memory on twinstick shooters. Is it worth it to learn #1?

Check the manual for the different control layouts:

http://www.gamesdatabase.org/Media/SYSTEM/Nintendo_N64/manual/Formated/Quake_2_-_1999_-_Activision.pdf
>>
Just get a GameCube to N64 adapter and configure the sticks to be swapped
>>
I can't play Quake 2 without strafe jumping.
>>
>>4178783
Uhm..... NO?!
>>
>>4181475
Alright Facebook Mom, relax.
>>
>>4178783
Trying this out. Will report back if there's interest
>>
I prefer simple old school control schemes in FPSes. I never got into console stuff post-N64 (with exceptions), so to me 90s FPS controls still seem like the norm and twin stick games will always seem weird.
>>
>>4182845
No no you see those control schemes AGED™ like milk so they're objectively terrible now, please stop enjoying them.
>>
>>4182845
What about old-school PC FPS controls?
>Arrow keys instead of WASD
>Keyboard only, no mouse
>Alternatively, having to toggle mouselook on/off
>>
>>4178607
the controls never improve, really, you just get "used" to them. they're just terrible, and it's a shame too because essentially an entire expansion pack of Quake 2 is shackled to them
>>
>>4182856
no one says this, the fact that you STILL don't understand what people mean when they say that something has aged proves that your mind is infested with autism
>>
>>4183075
Nonsense, they're objectively terrible control schemes no one can possibly be ok with nowadays no matter their personal experiences. That shit is just old ok, I got too used to dual analog so I think I know a thing or two about objectivity.
>>
>>4183094
they were shit at the time, and they're shit now. the fact that better control schemes evolved from it proves my point
>>
>>4183097
No they were awesome for the time the best thing since sliced bread people actually made a religion out of those that's how good they were, but they're just old now and unplayable.
>>
>>4183102
i guess the part about being riddled with autism was a little too close to home huh
>>
>>4183075
>no one says this
How delusional can one get?
>>
>>4183146
>the fact that you STILL don't understand what people mean when they say that something has aged proves that your mind is infested with autism
like clockwork
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.