[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Half-Life Took 35 Hours

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: gman11.jpg (56KB, 590x788px) Image search: [Google]
gman11.jpg
56KB, 590x788px
It took me 35 hours to beat Half-Life for the first time.

Does this make me retarded?

I did set the difficulty on hard, but I'm not even sure if that's a valid excuse...
>>
I figured it took me about that back then too but I was probably counting like shit because I was so young and retarded, can't imagine myself spending more than 20 hours even with all the exploring and saving/loading

I did get stuck for a long time in lambda core, the last part before going to xen, with all the portals in the circular chamber, what a bad level holy moly
>>
File: half-life.jpg (680KB, 3657x2801px) Image search: [Google]
half-life.jpg
680KB, 3657x2801px
Seems like a long time to play Half-Life, but it's understandable if it really was your first playthrough.

My first playthgrough back in the days was probably just as long. I remember the game being very difficult and scary, I used to run away from enemies like a sissyboy and avoid conflict. I played HL through once again earlier this year for the sake of reliving the memories, and it took me about 7 hours to beat it according to steam. I had already beat the game multiple times and I knew exactly where to go and what to do, and I pretty much just ran through the parts I didn't like (like that train mission).

I swear the first time I played this game I could had just messed around in the beginning lobby area for hours and hours, just interacting with the scientists etc. because I had never seen anything like that back in the days. When I was a kid I would even "pretend" to be communicating with them via the console. I knew they wouldn't understand, but I kinda wished they would. Kinda like the chat in Quake 3 where the AI responds to your messages.
>>
>>4178416
Well my IQ is 140 and I beat it in 8 hours so your IQ would be around 30 if you beat it in 35 hours.
You are literally a vegetable.
>>
>>4178480

Hit me right in the nostalgia gland, that last paragraph. I used to do exactly the same.

I also used to really like scaring one of the invincible NPCs into a corner, then smashing them with the crowbar over and over to try and paint the surrounding walls with their blood as much as possible.

Sounds psychotic written down like that, but it was purely about 'holy shit, I can't believe this game actually lets me do this'.
>>
>>4178416
Why would you play a game trying to beat it as fast as possible the first time around?
>>
>>4178501

More importantly is why he is so insecure, that he has to ask this question on an anonymous image board to get validation?

Just play games and enjoy them. Unless you're speed running or going for trophies/achievements, completion time is irrelevant.
>>
>>4178416
The answer to this question determines all:

>Encounter Barney shooting up a headcrab zombie

Did you let him kill the zombie and have him follow you until he died?

Did you crowbar him and then use the gun to kill the zombie?

Did you crowbar them both?

Did you crowbar the zombie in front of Barney to show him how big your balls are then crowbar'd him to take his gun?

Did you have him follow you until the sewer section where he can't follow you anymore, then kill him there?

I need these answers to determine whether or not you're retarded.
>>
>>4178416
You're retarded, but not because of your lack of skill.
>>
>>4178528
>Did you crowbar the zombie in front of Barney to show him how big your balls are then crowbar'd him to take his gun?
usually this or I just run by them both
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.