[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started collecting retro games is this a good CRT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

I'm buying this CRT from craigslist tomorrow for 10 bucks. Its 19 inches and they sent me some pics of it playing old nes games and the picture looked pretty good. anyone know if this CRT brand is any good?
>>
>>4176136
pic of the screen hooked up to a WII
>>
It looks pretty medicore, good enough but you could do better for 10 bucks.

I suggest getting a crt with s-vidieo and component, so any consumer tv after 2000
>>
I have one and its TRAAASH
it has insane flyback whine and its blurry as hell. Not to mention theres only two video inputs, 1 cable, 1 composite and mono sound.
>>
>>4176174
is it still a good deal for10 bucks, I'm just starting out so I'm just kinda interested in stuff to play my nes games and melee on im not looking to get a super expensive CRT setup just yet
>>
>>4176184
I had gotten mine for free off a neighbor. Its fine but just expect some crusty stuff like having to jiggle the connections sometimes or even the buttons not working sometimes. Mine was lightly used by a family who barely watched television
>>
>>4176191
ok great thank you :)
>>
>>4176191
one more question if your still here, do you know if this works with lightgun games?
>>
>Mono

You know you can do better than this.
>>
>>4176213
most consumer CRTs should work with lightguns.
Pro ones like sony PVMs have trouble because they use a different phosphor grill arrangement and line count I THINK
>>
>>4176136
I got a consumer 20" Sony Trinitron with RGB SCART inputs and proper calibration service menu for 9€
There's another one, same except 24" on sale on a local site for 5€

why even bother with this shit?
>>
>>4176226
>Pro ones like sony PVMs have trouble because they use a different phosphor grill arrangement and line count I THINK
They have problems because their quick fading phosphors, the white square does not display long enough for the crappy timings to pick it up
>>
>>4176229
mostly because this person just happened to be selling one it and it was local so no huge shipping cost to get one online, pretty much I had an extra 10 dollars in my pocket and figured I'd get a CRT for my NES console.
>>
>>4176136

We had one of these on the living room and it's pretty good, good image and shit; but as many people say, you can buy a better one instead of this.
>>
>>4176252
Ill probably replace it somewhere down the line, I'd prefer a bigger one but I live in a small house and it just happens to be the perfect size to fit on my computer desk.
>>
>Paying for a CRT

dude, srsly. get a friend and be willing to drive out to get a Trinitron
>>
>>4176136
This is fine. $10 is nothing. Biggest deal breaker: Get the remote, or confirm it can be put into aux mode with the buttons on the front. Nothing worse than a CRT TV that cannot be used properly without the remote.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.