[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forgotten gems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 5301_front.jpg (50KB, 510x512px) Image search: [Google]
5301_front.jpg
50KB, 510x512px
This game needs a remake
>>
Remakes almost always ruin everything that was good about the original game, you don't really want them.
>>
>>4176004
>I-it's shit if I can't play it on my crappy CRT in 240p!!
Kek.
>>
Why?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (150KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
150KB, 1440x810px
>>4176008
Nah, remakes always mess something up, you know it to be true.
>>
I always wonder
Who has the rights for the sequel of old games like this one?

some studios doesnt even exist anymore
>>
>>4176021
While improving nearly everything else.

You prefer the N64 versions of OoT and MM, don't you?
>>
>>4176027

They usually get sold off to various buyers, not even necessarily videogame companies either. Often with low-profile licenses they're bundled off in lots, and end up being shipped around. It's why some licenses get "lost" because there can be a convoluted paper trail, where companies that bought the licenses went down and have no records of the sale, but know they sold it, for example. Basically intellectual property law is ridiculous.
>>
>>4176030
>You prefer the N64 versions of OoT and MM, don't you?
The best thing about the 3DS version is the consistent framerate. Most of the changes in MM were completely unnecessary though.
>>
>>4176030
Biggest pet peeve with HD remakes is that young kids will think of the rerelease as the ultimate version and completely disregard the original versions. Very few actually cared enough about playing the NES Final Fantasies after I, II and III got rereleased on NDS, PSP and IOS.
>>
>>4175981
remakes are unoriginal trash. make a new game rather than trying to sell me the same thing over and over again.
>>
>>4176038
Isnt there a law or rule about not using the license to your IPs in more than 15 years?
the they become public use or something
I think that happens with music
>>
>>4176056
>Very few actually cared enough about playing the NES Final Fantasies
Good, because they're shit.
>>
>>4176065
See, that's what I'm talking about, regardless of your opinion on the original release they are completely different games with different mechanics. They had to totally redesign the battle system for the remakes.
>>
>>4176021
>>4176060

Some ancient games were restricted by the technological means of their age

disregard a very good concept because it's old it's the true waste
>>
>>4176065
Agreed, there's no reason to play the original Final Fantasy at all besides bragging about your hipster cred. The remakes are better in every way and that's what always end up happening when videogames get remade.
>>
>>4176004
>>4176021

I look forward to the saltiness when FF7 remake hits.
>>
>>4176083
>very good concept
That was never the case with JRPGs, though.
>>
>>4176087
People are already salty over the change into an Action RPG and splitting the game into three releases. Not that FF7 was ever good or anyhing.
>>
File: Suikoden2_NA.jpg (87KB, 419x410px) Image search: [Google]
Suikoden2_NA.jpg
87KB, 419x410px
>>4176089
Look at this
This game alone it's the proof. There are games like this one that need a comeback into the franchise
>>
>>4176083
i don't care if games share mechanics, just don't publish like this >>4176021 where there are 50 different versions of the same game. that's it. Recycling the same story and characters is pure laziness by corporate execs who own IP they never produced. Remakes are the death of creativity, not the fountain head.
>>
>>4176098
I should add the movie industry succumbed to this same problem some 15 years ago.
>>
>>4176091
Actually FFVII were 3 CDs with lots of content
Games nowadays are very short or artificially lengthened with grinding and radiant quests

I fully understand why it needs to be split. Also today to be financially succesful and appeal to investors resorts to microtransactions or subscriptions. A split game is the lesser evil
>>
>>4176110
And they turned into Action because turn based is unrealistic.
>>
>>4176110
>Also today to be financially succesful and appeal to investors resorts to microtransactions or subscriptions.
this is precisely why i don't play modern games, nor do I support companies that take this approach. the only new games I have bought recently (that's being extremely generous) have been indy shit like FTL. If more people made games like that, I would happily fork over money for a copy.
>>
>>4176004
They are also completely pointless.
"I want to shell out 70$ to play something I've already played before but with nicer graphics! Oh, I know I can just replay that game right now, but that wouldn't satisfy my consumerist impulses and allow me to show off that I am deeply invested in a fashionable yet pathetic subculture whose community entirely hates themselves"

Not to mention it is a waste of resources and time that would be better spent on original ips.

I want to punch anyone who says they want a remake of anything.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.