[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if we made a unique enemy, and tucked it away in one out-of-the-way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: LinktothePast.png (192KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
LinktothePast.png
192KB, 450x450px
What if we made a unique enemy, and tucked it away in one out-of-the-way corner of the map, and made that the only place it appears in the entire game, or really the franchise as a whole?
>>
Sounds good senpai.
>>
File: GoombaShoeMarioSpinyOriginal.png (197KB, 419x500px) Image search: [Google]
GoombaShoeMarioSpinyOriginal.png
197KB, 419x500px
>>4175591
to be fair, that's what bosses are, but clearly you mean nonboss enemies.

i dunno, i think it can be pretty cool because it can make things more memorable.

post if you can think of anymore items/enemies like this.
>>
>>4175591
So, was it just a little treat to give the game some extra variety? An enemy which was more prevalent in earlier iterations of the game (or at least intended to be more prevalent) but removed because it was stupid and they decided just to leave a single instance in because why the fuck not, it's already programmed and drawn?

There was an enemy like this in Super Mario 2/YK:DDP - the red Snifit.
>>
That one funny looking bat in Mega Man X that usually drops a 1-up. Squidos appear in one room in Startropics, period. The Zelda series is full of single-use enemies, like the giant fucking slime in Zelda 2. Super Metroid has a Geemer near the Wrecked Ship area that has "samus" coloration, and doesn't appear if you approach from an direction where you can physically reach it. Symphony of the Night is full of this shit, as well as Rondo of Blood. This is really common the more RPGish a game is. Even the Resident Evil series had unique zombies that only appeared once, or only if you did something specific.
>>
>>4175825
The bat in MMX is a Batton from the original series games, likely included as a jokey cameo. Stuff like that kinda makes sense, especially when they give you a special drop, like how you note the Batton tends to give 1-ups. Stuff like the one in OP is especially odd since it doesn't seem to be a joke or give any special drops as best as i can recall (or have a special purpose like the Good Bee enemy). Maybe they thought that an engorged Octorocck was simply funny looking?
>>
>>4175591
This but unironically.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.