[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best Nintendo 64 racing game, /vr/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: beetleadventureracing.jpg (62KB, 800x540px) Image search: [Google]
beetleadventureracing.jpg
62KB, 800x540px
What is the best Nintendo 64 racing game, /vr/?
>>
Out of them all?
Wave Race 64.

Beetle Adventure is pretty dope though.
>>
>>4175445
F-Zero X
Extreme G2
California Speed

take your pick
>>
M K 6 4
K
>>
R4
>>
fzero X
>>
Road Rash 64
>>
>>4175524
hands down the worst installment in the series.
>>
>>4175445
Penny Racers!
>>
>>4175445

I dare to say the N64 has the best library of racing games in any console:

bette adventure racing
star wars racer
san francisco rush 1, 2 and 2049
excitebike 64
f-zero x
road rash 64
mario kart 64
diddy kong racing
micromachines 64 turbo
california speed
wave race 64
snowboard kids 1 and 2
ridge racer 64
world drive championship
top gear overdrive
wipeout 64
extreme g 1 and 2
penny racers

the list goes on and on...

>>4175541

you mean the best right?
>>
>>4175463
Mario Kart 64 is literally the worst Mario Kart period.
Less game modes. It only has more items because it has items which are variants of already existing items (i.e. triple mushroom & triple shell)
The tracks are less creative & it has just as many characters as the first game.
You all need to admit it that Mario Kart 64 was a rushed piece of garbage that was a step back from the original Super Mario Kart & Double Dash was a huge leap forward.
>>
>>4175445
This thread is over. best game. All other answers are incorrect.
>>
>>4175445
>>4176142
Follow up. You also all need to realize that your college debts will never be paid off, you will not get the job you always wanted, she's never coming back & trying to re-live the past will not make things better.
>>
>>4175445
F-Zero X is fucking nuts

If you don't have a Dreamcast, then Hydro Thunder is worth owning

Ridge Racer 64 is a cool port/remix

Wave Race 64 is a masterpiece, and the spiritual sequel 1080 Snowboarding is also fun
>>
>>4176142
>You all need to admit that my opinion is fact
No, fuck your pretentious poser shit.
MK64 has best battle mode and some of the best tracks in the series (you want creative track design? What about Toad's Turnpike or Yoshi's Valley? anyway the best ones are the tight go-kart ones, i.e. the mario/luigi/peach raceways), not to mention some of the best music, and the mini-turbo in MK64 is arguably also the best in the series.
>>
>>4176149
Wrong thread.
>>
>>4176154
Second this
>>
>>4175541

You're wrong. It's not a classic RR, sure, but its fast and its fun. You probably sucked at it.
>>
Honorable mention: F-1 World Grand Prix, the first seriously good formula 1 game.
>>
>>4175625

I don't get how you listed Snowboard Kids but not 1080, but otherwise never realised how true this is, unfortunately a genre generally loathed by the weeaboo circle jerk that dominates this board. Also N64 had the best wrasslan and the best soccer games.
>>
Cruis'n Exotica if you want a whacky arcade racer
Mario Kart 64 or Diddy Kong Racing if you want item racers
I really wanna play F Zero X Expansion for the 64DD. You can create your own tracks.
>>
any of the cruisin games. the other racing games on 64 suck. the 64 sucks.
>>
>>4176370>>4176370
>o.4176370▶
> any of the cruisin games. the other racing games on 64 suck. the 64 suck

>the other racing games on 64 suck
>>4176370
>the 64 sucks.
you sucks
>>
>>4176146

the multiplayer was trash. No bots and only support 2 players versus.
>>
>>4176142
Fucking campers.
>>
>>4175445
San Francisco RUSH
>>
>>4175445
The conker mini game of racing in lava.
>>
>>4175625
You do realize that objectively N64 has the worst library of racing games out of main consoles, right?
>>
>>4176415
but muh merrio kart
and muh kiddy dong
and muh f-zero
>>
>>4176415
I'm interested in what stellar racing games you have on the SNES or NES that aren't Mario Kart.
>>
>>4176287
>n64
>best soccer games

oh you poor child, do you even know of winning eleven for ps1
>>
the one with the song that goes waaahaaaaaaaha aaaahhha awaaaaah wosh wosh waaaaha ahaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>4176592
>not YAAAAY EEEY WHOA WHOA, WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThWUmP-9plk
>>
>>4176280
Logically the only reason someone could ever not like a game you like.

I really enjoyed the Rush series
>>
>>4176602
No, no, no, that's the one that goes
>YEEEAAHH, WHOOAAA-OOOHHH, WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOOOAAHHH YEAAHH

I think he was talking about that one that goes
>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAH, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm0Mg0T2Sl0
>>
>>4175625
Every character in micromachines 64 turbo is 10/10.
>>
My favourite is F-Zero X with the Expansion Kit.
>>
Mario Kart 64.
>>
>>4176454
>>racing games you have on the SNES or NES that aren't Mario Kart
You're not seriously asking this, are you? Lurk around on the internet to look for and most of them are in most of the best games ever lists on those console you can find there.
>>
>>4176415

oh really? enlighten me then. Tell me which console has better racing games than the N64 and which games are those?
>>
>>4176490

winning eleven was trash in the 90's. International super star soccer was the shit back then.
>>
Nobody said Stunt Racer 64 yet? Some of the best graphics on N64.
>>
File: Offroad_Challenge_n64.jpg (87KB, 640x469px) Image search: [Google]
Offroad_Challenge_n64.jpg
87KB, 640x469px
Off Road Challenge
>>
>>4175625
This
>>
>>4175625
That's probably because the 64 itself is just a colonized version of the Crusin' arcade machines.
>>
>>4176154
Get over it Jerry she isn't coming back. Move on.
>>
>>4177467

the multiplayer is terrible and drags the whole game down
>>
>>4177646
Why get back what I never really had in the first place? Is there something you wanna tell us anon?
>>
>>4177642
Negative. Crus'n in the arcades was built on custom hardware.
>>
Star Wars: Ep. I Racer is probably still my favorite

I still haven't beat that one fucking level in the cloud city, but someday I will
>>
>>4176415
I disagree. Not a big fan of the N64 however it had an amazing lineup of wrestling and racing games.
>>
>>4176280
>You probably sucked at it.
Yeah because I'm not some loser who wastes time getting good at shit video games when there's actual good stuff like Layers of Fear to get good at.
>>
>>4176287

Because 1080 is a boring, generic snowboard game while Snowboard Kids is snowboarding with Mario Kart gimmicks.
>>
>>4179407
>when there's actual good stuff like Layers of Fear to get good at.
I honestly hope that's just nothing more than spiteful sarcasm.
>>
>>4179420
Back to your containment board, dadcore simracer.
>>
File: Glide64_ROAD_RASH_64_3000.png (141KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Glide64_ROAD_RASH_64_3000.png
141KB, 640x480px
road rash 64
>>
I loved pilot wings.
>>
>>4176142
Mario Kart 64 is the greatest racing game of all time, of any console
>>
World Driver Championship is really, really good, and it's kinda bizarre how it's so overlooked.
>>
>>4180464
fucking this
>>
>>4175625
Agreed, I found that the that racers took on this sort-of fine art quality. Also enjoyed Automobili Lamborghini and GT 64: Championship Edition. It was more experimental at times, for example you had exploration and 3D physics in Rush. One interesting phenomenon in 90s console game history was when the SF Rush developers revealed a code a couple years after Rush came out, which opened up a new, fully completed course that had been lying dormant inside all consumer carts.

Thread theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MwVGunH45k
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.