[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Controller General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 8bitdual.jpg (94KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
8bitdual.jpg
94KB, 1000x1000px
Hey, im looking for blue-tooth controller for my Rpi. I see this meme, and it seems to fit all my criteria, but im concerned it might be too small.

I need
>Analog sticks
>Sticks must click down
>4 shoulder buttons
>4 face buttons
>Bluetooth

Any suggestions anons? Has anyone used pic related?

Also Controller General
>>
dualshock 4
>>
>>4174709
xbox one s controller is objectively the best one right now
>>4174714
Shit dpad
>>
Wii U Pro controller
>>
>>4174763
>xbox one s
Is that bluetooth? Can I pair it with an Rpi or an android device?
>>
>>4174709
I own the famicom colored version of this, and it's not a very good controller over all. It's got a bit of novelty to it, but it feels awkward, the sticks are "spongey", the buttons get that "stickiness" on a rare occassion, and I hate the trigger buttons.

Also, if you're using it for long periods of gaming, it's very uncomfortable. You don't feel it at first, but it's flat and awkward.

My favorite blutooth controller is the Wii U Pro, for it's simplicity and comfort. My favorite USB controller is the XBox 360 Candy Pop line. They're super comfortable, responsive, and have a good feel. I've used mine for about 8years now, and it's still responsive and in good shape.
>>
>>4174709
It's not really that much of a meme.
I have one and for a phone/tablet it's fine.
Plug and play too
>>
File: 8bitDo.jpg (544KB, 816x1588px) Image search: [Google]
8bitDo.jpg
544KB, 816x1588px
>>4174709

Don't know if this helps you, OP but here's the pro controller with a DVD case, a PAL Snes game, and a GamBoy Micro for comparison.
>>
>>4174763
Triggers are shit, bumpers are shit, d pad is fucking garbage. Thing has good form factor and great analog sticks, sure, but the DS4 is leaps and bounds more friendly if you're playing retro games.
>>
>>4176654
Oh nice, its a good bit larger than I expected. Looking forward to it arriving tomorrow.
>>
File: Retro-Games-Controllers.jpg (195KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Retro-Games-Controllers.jpg
195KB, 1920x1080px
So what do you guys think the best classic controller was?
>>
>>4177403
sega
>>
>>4177430
Whys that?
>>
>>4177447
God tier D-pad.
>>
>>4177457
I havent used it too much, but by just looking at it, shouldnt some fuzzy inputs be a problem? like when pressing right and getting down right.
>>
>>4177403
In terms of design? Famicom. In terms of being ergonomic? Sega Saturn.
>>
>>4174785
This. They work out of the box with no additional shit to install. Just sync and go. IBuffalo for cheaper, corded.
>>
>>4177403
Sega Genesis. I love how big it is unlike early Nintendo controllers where my hands feel cramped. Eventually I'll learn how to make electronics and a make a snegenesis controller. Combining the buttons and layout of a snes with the design if a genesis.
>>
>>4178112
nope. use it some time.
>>
>>4177430
Any good bluetooth Saturn clones?
>>
>>4174801
yes and yes
xbone controller is best controller on the market at the moment
>>
>>4174785
This is what I use with a Mayflash adapter. Still doesn't feel right when emulating retro games, but I suspect that nothing does if you're used to playing on an actual retro console. It's a good, all around controller, and the battery life is quite literally beyond god-tier.
>>
>>4178434
Nope.

I wish 8bitdo would chill with the Nintendo nostalgia pandering and recreate the Saturn Model 2 controller. Best d-pad I've ever used, and two additional shoulder buttons would make it the best controller on the planet.
>>
>>4174785
How much are they?
>>
>>4178612
Their name is 8bitdo. thats a play on 8 bit and nintendo aint it?
>>
>>4174709
I only like this controller because it's small and paired with my phone with absolutely no fuss.

Wish there was a better clip for it though.
>>
>>4178661
Got mine for 30 on ebay a while ago, get em while they last
>>
>>4176539
>XBox 360 Candy
I was thinking about getting this one, does it include rumble?
>>
>>4180301
How does it feel in your hands? Is it big enough?
where is the dead zone with the analog sticks?
>>
>>4174709
If you were looking for one without analog sticks I would definitely recommend the 8bitdo, but since you do need analog sticks you have much more options. Also since you probably need a good dpad the Xbox and Dualshock are out of the question. Then since you need clickable sticks that eliminates the Wii Classic Controller. So pretty much your only options are the Wii U Pro, Nintendo Switch Pro, or the 8bitdo you named in the OP. I've heard the Switch Pro's Dpad has some accuracy problems but you could probably just send it in to Nintendo to get it fixed if you're willing to put in the effort.

TL;DR Get the Wii U Pro for a nice cheap controller with a good Dpad and meets all of your criteria.

>>4174801
Just make sure you get an S model controller because the original doesn't have bluetooth.
>>
File: snes30-pro.png (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
snes30-pro.png
22KB, 400x300px
>>4181650
forgot to mention, this 8bitdo is coming soon as well
>>
>>4181659
>>4181659

Thanks anon. All that info was rather helpful. I actually ordered the 8bitdo controller and its arrived and everything, but I havent even unpacked it yet, been crazy busy. Probs wont be able to even use it until next monday. if it is unsatasfactory, then the Wii U pro is next on the list. And if that still isnt quite right, ill save up a few weeks for an Xbox one S thing.
>>
>>4181705
Yeah the 8bitdos are still pretty good but I only have the SNES model so I can't recommend the analog stick one personally. Only problem I've had so far is that the bluetooth doesn't work on my PC but it does work on the RPi so that could just be a problem with my computer.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.