[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Castlevania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 9

How does /vr/ feel about the new cartoon?
I thought the generic music and demon designs were the only things keeping it from being great.
>>
>>4174327

I liked it but only 4 episodes kills me. Wtf netflix
>>
>>4174327
Bad: goat talk, generic designs, really strong focus on "church is sooo evil" agenda, using SotN Alucard design. Music as well.
Animation was good.
>>
I like what's out so far, but I really want more.
>>
>>4174358
>one church guy does a bad thing
>OMG TEH CHURCH IS EVIL

You're a twat, that shit actually happened and you're an idiot.
>>
>>4174358
Catholic Church isn't the most spotless organization though
>>
>>4174358
Priest and his cronies were cunts, but there was one genuinely pious dude, blessing water to fight generigoyles.
>>
>>4174405

The fact that they even needed BLESSED water to fight the demons shows that even is his followers are cunts that god's power still is absolute
>>
>>4174327
Yeah, the fact that all the monsters (besides Dracula and alucard) are demons kinda sucks, when I think of CastleVania the large variety of monsters is the first thing I think of. OOther than that I really like it.

>>4174358
I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's literally just one corrupt bishop who gets his face eaten off in the end anyway, the rest of it is basically standard "humans fear what they don't know" stuff.
>>
>>4174327
I WANNA DRINK SYPHA'S BEER!
>>
File: ZScScP4.png (8KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ZScScP4.png
8KB, 1920x1080px
>>4174327
Fucking loved the whole thing. Reminded me of SC4 and SotN. Netflix hurts me by only releasing 4 eps at a time.
>>
Animation is kinda meh, but it is Netflix so production valuies are nil. Would have preferred something more gritty and less anime boyband
>>
>>4174759
>Animation is kinda meh
Holy shit nigga what did you expect? Animation looks great.
Did you want some Gibli style animation?
>>
>>4174775

Sure, great if you're into anime.
>>
Only things I really didn't like were the lack of classic music (not even Vampire Killer) and that bar scene that went on way too long.

>>4174750
S2 is supposed to be 8 eps

>>4174775
I mean he's sort of right, the art and direction are great but there were a few scenes where the movement was pretty choppy.
>>
>>4174759
>Animation is kinda meh
I was actually pleasantly surprised by how decent it looked
>>4174780
Outside of movies, what western cartoons have great animation? I can only think of Avatar.
>>
>>4174345
It was originally a >2hr movie that they decided to make into a series, so they broke the movie up into four episodes as a trial run.

Season 2 is already announced and confirmed to have twice as many episodes.
>>
>>4174358
>story centered around canon "church burned Alucard's mother" plotline
>complain because one churchy guy was treated like a villain in the show

SotN Alucard is vastly superior to CV3 Alucard, anyhow. Why not go with the universally preferred incarnation? They also didn't use the same design for Dracula but you're not autisming all over that.
>>
>>4174327
It looks like shit so I refuse to watch it.
>>
>>4174327
I enjoyed it.
The first episode was a waste of time, but Trevor being a glorious bastard made up for it.
Can't wait for the next season.
>>
I liked it well enough. I wasn't a big fan of Trevor's excessive to the point of redundancy swearing and the fact that at some point he just seemed to really give a shit about what was going on without much motivation to do so. The latter issue could just be a symptom of four episodes, though. Thought it was pretty good otherwise and I'm looking forward to the next season.
>>
>>4174873

It's Warren Ellis, he's known for his edginess.
>>
>>4174821
I agree that the first episode (outside of the prologue) was pretty useless, but I like that it established Trevor's character. He's mostly competent but kind of a burnout, and the idea that he's the scion of these badass vampire/monster hunters but he's fallen so low as to get sauced so hard that he gets his ass kicked by peasants really lets you know it's not a standard kind of protagonist you're dealing with.

>>4174873
It's funnier if you picture Thorin doing all the cursing.
>>
>>4174873
The gratuitous "we're not on TV so every other word has to be shit or fuck" swearing annoyed me too. It's like how every HBO show has to have a pair of bouncing tits and a swinging dick closeup in each episode just because they can.

That said, my favorite part was when they showed the Alucard Sword's special attack. Nice touch.
>>
>>4174327
Thought it was generally okay, although kind of disappointing. They tried too hard to give Trevor an edgy "antihero" style, which sometimes made it feel like a cringey comic book movie. It could have worked better if they hadn't just tried SO hard. As a horror fan, I found the over-the-top violence entertaining. All-in-all, I'm looking forward to more episodes. I just hope they smooth out a few things and that this is just "testing the waters" or something. Also, where the fuck is Grant?
>>
>>4174923
It's Warren Ellis, so 'cringey comic book movie' is like the perfect description
>>
>>4174936
I had no idea who that was, so I looked him up. I saw a picture of a neckbeard in a silly hat. I wasn't surprised.
>>
>>4174878
>>4174936
But I liked Transmetropolitan and didn't even mind the cursing or obscenities that occurred within. They just felt out of place or unnatural in this story.
>>
>>4175073
Don't get me wrong, Transmetropolitan is my favorite comic book. It'd be terribly edgy to the point of cringe as a movie or T.V. show though.
>>
>>4174978

He even spends all his time on Twitter being a high profile orbiter.
>>
>>4174358
Catholicism is evil though. Protestantism is the superior sect.
>>
Haven't seen it, but I'm amazed we're at a point where an American-produced Castlevania cartoon isn't a steaming pile of shit. That has to count for something!
>>
>>4175259
I went in with the lowest expectations and came out going, "yeah, that was alright. I didn't hate that." I was kind of pleasantly surprised.
>>
File: warren ellis.jpg (108KB, 387x500px) Image search: [Google]
warren ellis.jpg
108KB, 387x500px
>>4174978
>I saw a picture of a neckbeard in a silly hat.

He's from the UK that's standard dress code. Also Transmet is great, go read nextwave and your mothers a whore
>>
>>4174327
>generic music

I still haven't got around to watching it yet but this disturbs me. Could they not use any of the actual music from the games? The music is one of the best parts of the games.
>>
>>4175375
Unfortunately, there's not a single song I'm aware of that's from the video games. A real damn shame, I hope they change that for Season 2.
>>
>>4174327
>not Vampire D Hunter
>>
>Church is evil
>see, they stopped a woman who just married a man who impaled tons of people in front of his house while doing black magic
>also, the dude is basically Satan but whatever, he is the good guy actually!
>>
>>4174327
i am unaware of this.
but.
im interested in this.
where cani download it illegally?
>>
>>4175545

every torrent site you could think of
>>
>>4174327
It was kind of bad, but the enjoyable kind of bad. I'd definitely watch S2.
>>
>>4175539
They didn't even know Dracula was still around, they burned Lisa just because she had a bunch of weird lab equipment.
>>
>>4174327
Reminds me of the recent animated batman movies. OK but nothing special
>>
>>4175790
>and tons of hidden corpses
nothing to see here!
>>
Filled with ret-cons. Story doesn't even make sense based on the events of Lament of Innocence.
>>
>>4174327
Why did they turn Trevor Belmont into Jack Sparrow? That really annoyed me.
>>
I never watch anime but since I loved the games, I gave the show a try. Watched an episode, didn't like it, won't continue.
>>
>>4176540
The bishop didn't say jack about any corpses.

>>4176540
How so?
>>
>>4175073
...That's because it IS out of place, Anon. Warren Ellis rubbed his dick all over the script and changed things up to fit what he wanted. That's not how Trevor is.
>>
>>4176791
>That's not how Trevor is
How do you know? He barely even talks in his own game.
>>
File: cyclops.webm (3MB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
cyclops.webm
3MB, 1000x562px
>>
>>4176917
Why did they decided to make trevor such a tryhard?
>>
>>4176801
Trevor is a super serious character in the second PS2 CV game.
>>
>>4174345
Testing the waters brah.
>>
>>4175365
>>4175259
I enjoyed it for what it was, but just the fact that it got made and isn't a catastrophic embarrassment is pretty impressive.

>>4176540
>Lament of Innocence
Not retro >>>/v/
>>
>>4177002
>>4176791

First, not retro. Second, do you even know when that game takes place in the supposed timeline? AFTER CV3. So do you think it's possible that a character could originally be one way and then grow into someone completely different?
>>
>>4174790
>Outside of movies, what western cartoons have great animation? I can only think of Avatar.
Batman: TAS and the general DC animated family of that era (Superman TAS, Justice League, JLU, Batman Beyond).

Granted, they were animated in China and Japan but it's still technically Western.
>>
>>4175178
What about as an animated show, done like the old Heavy Metal movie with lots of weird art styling?

This is my dream Netflix project btw
>>
>>4175250
*Orthodoxy is the superior sect
FTFY, Heretic :^)
>>
>>4174775
>Did you want some Gibli style animation?
God no.

>>4174790
>what western cartoons have great animation?
Almost all of them?
>>
>>4179473
not today
>>
>>4179480
Yes, even today still.

Only thing anime has above it is color styling, but that's it.
>>
>>4179473
>Almost all of them?
Half of them are shitty comedies for children, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>4179473
>>4179483
bait.
>>
>>4180238
He's right though. The average cartoon has much more animation than the average anime.
>>
>>4180293
Source?
>>
>>4180308
I have none aside from myself, I've just been watching anime and western animation far longer than you have, kid. :)
>>
>>4180343
Nice source.
>>
>>4175250
>>4179121
Carphatians are orthodox, so shitpriest was orthodox and evil.
I know that's redundant.
>>
>>4180308
>Download an episode of young justice and one episode of whatever anime.
>Count the frames (panning shots count as 1 frame).
>...
>Profit!
>>
Saw it just as it came out. Here's what I gleaned from it, also some info for those in the thread:

>Church is le ebin ebul aspect
Aside from the Bishop of Gresit, who was well established as having some serious mental issues fueling his religious fervor, remember this takes place in modern day Romania. Any Catholicism east of Hungary was considered fair game, so any Catholics had to play fucking hard ball or risk being persecuted themselves. The priests and deacons being a bunch of knife-wielding hardasses was due to the brutal culture of the area. That and look at the guy who wrote the series, he looks like he got stuffed into a locker by the FCA a few times in high school, so I'll just leave that as is.

>pacing, low episode count, etc.
This is all a side effect of the series being in development hell since 2008. When I read the article on Zombie Simpsons, I realized how immensely any backstage alterations / drama can immensely damage a produce like a tv show (Simpsons quality speaks for itself). Castlevania suffered a lot of problems, most notably that stupid fuck Iga forcing Ellis to rewrite the script like seven times until he liked it. On a personal note, my hugest complaint with the first season was the wonky pacing, but I'm willing to forgive it considering what it went through in production.

>no Grant
Ellis axed him from the whole thing, stating his name sounded stupid, and he didn't think a pirate would fit in with the tone of the series. I agree on that part, but it's not like he could have been a brigand or some kind of foreign mercenary from a surrounding nation brought in to fight the demons, but wound up deserting. Then again, having Trevor, Sypha, and Alucard fighting with sword and sorcery while Grant spidermans around on the walls and ceiling would be a bit jarring.

Overall I enjoyed it and am looking forward to season 2.
>>
>>4175386
This bothered me more than anything else for sure
>>
>>4175535
I just want you to know I excitedly watched this because you mentioned it and thought it was utter garbage. I mean, I finished it I guess, but christ did it not know how to develop a character.
>>
>>4180551
Just watched a bit of Young Justice, it's choppier than some 60s Hanna-barbera cartoons, dude.
>>
I hope the music and monster variety improves in S2 with the main plot kicking in
>>
>>4176390
They literally didn't know about that, and Lisa had no human remaims harbored. Just a bunch of Dracula's science equipment. The church took that as black magic and jumped.
>>
>>4176917
>subtitles
Did you watch a Japanese dub or something?
>>
>>4181482
>They literally didn't know about that,
how the fuck they would miss something like that?
>>
>>4181486
>what is closed captioning
>what are webms without sound
>>
I loved it. combat animation was great at some of its worst times, got my fight-boner erect at best
they could definitely use a better designer for the demons. just making them all look like gargoyles isn't that interesting
music could also be significantly better given the source material
still, I love it and hope it breeds a whole new genre of adult animation that doesn't have to be a fucking comedy

>>4174345
>western cartoon based on japanese games from the 90s
>adult cartoon that isn't primarily comedy based
>plot isn't one episode to another, but goes over the entire series
arguably, this was a gamble. thankfully Netflix seems like the experimental types

>>4174358
>>4174405
>>4174427
I like how it takes what I call the Moral Orel approach. it doesn't really blame the religion or say that it's a bad thing that they're religious, but that there are people high up in the organization that are corrupt and that the people are the ones to blame
>>
>>4176965
Why didn't they pick Simon or Richter? Simon is the original protag it would make sense. Or since we're going with a kind of not really SOTN plot with Drac being mad about his wife being immolated why not Richter? He's more relevant to that plot. Why does this bother me so much?
>>
ITT: Triggered christians.
>>
File: christchan.jpg (92KB, 829x589px) Image search: [Google]
christchan.jpg
92KB, 829x589px
>>4186826
>>
>>4186826
again, how are they even the bad guys here?
>Dracula is a cool guy! I swear! Trust me, I'm his wife.
>Ho, don't mind all those impaled people in front of his totally normal caste?
>Me? It's not Dark Magic, it's good magic! And Science! I swear!
>>
>>4186826
I didn't notice much christfaggery in this thread at all.
>>
>>4187290
Why did you take that bait anon?
>>
>>4187296
why not?
>>
File: 1368594258780.jpg (48KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1368594258780.jpg
48KB, 500x372px
>>4181195
>google the name of the writer
>see the stereotypical fedora tipper in the images
>>
File: 1499815836738.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499815836738.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I'm surprised they've actually managed to make the whip combat look cool.
>>
>>4191347
Is Alucard wearing a fucking thong?
>>
>>4191347
Why does it look like a slideshow?
>>
File: SPLSH.jpg (3KB, 91x125px) Image search: [Google]
SPLSH.jpg
3KB, 91x125px
>>4191347
You by chance have the clip where Trevor kicks his spinning sword into the cyclops eye?

I got rock hard when it happened
>>
>>4191374
Because the budged is not very high and the character designs are a lot busier than in a typical western cartoon.
>>
>>4175250
It's not a sect, you fucking idiot.
>>
File: dancing pepe.gif (47KB, 74x98px) Image search: [Google]
dancing pepe.gif
47KB, 74x98px
>>4181195
I'm surprised that someone thinks my first name is stupid.
>>
>>4193141
If it makes you feel better, Grant Morrison is another comics writer and his work is way better known than Ellis'
>>
>>4193141
I'm guessing they're referring to his last name
>>
>>4174327
Amazing, looking forward to the actual series next year
>>
>>4191373
it's a scabbard belt you uncultured swine
>>
>>4191373
Said it before and I'll say it again, how else is he supposed to avoid pantylines in pants that tight
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.