[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Underrated gems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 8586-cgfktijmgk.jpg (780KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
8586-cgfktijmgk.jpg
780KB, 1000x1000px
ITT: Underrated gems
>>
File: Capture.jpg (230KB, 463x1727px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
230KB, 463x1727px
Shouldn't underrated games be ones that were shat on or shunned back when they came out, as well as now?
TF4 was neither.
>>
>Slowdown Force IV
>>
>>4172181
>not playing on an overclocked megadrive

get a load of this pleb
>>
>>4172184
>Speedup Force IV
>>
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Rush N Attack.
>>
File: %22overclocked%22 person.jpg (72KB, 617x408px) Image search: [Google]
%22overclocked%22 person.jpg
72KB, 617x408px
>>4172184
>mutilating your systems to get some hack work done and accomplish nothing
>>
>>4173670
Why are yanks so afraid of modifying their hardware?
>>
>>4173682
>afraid
I don't have any issues soldering or fixing my consoles if they stop working. But modding? Nah, unnecessary shit for nerds, usually PALcucks that need to make up for the 50hz stigma.
As developers intended, always.
>>
>>4174594
Sometimes modding is the most practical way to play the game as the developer intended. For example, master system games with the FM sound, it's easier to mod the FM sound into an easily available Master System than import a Japanese SMS or Mark III.
>>
>>4172042

gtfo. IV is overrated, II is harder, especially since it was the built in game on early model 1 pal Megadrives. Poorfags in australia/new zealand mastered the game because it was all we had.
>>
>>4172042
Is thunder force 4 underrated? I never owned a genesis until recently and only got into shmups within the last year so I didn't grow up with the game or anything, but it's on pretty much every single goat shmup list that I'm aware of. Seems pretty well regarded, and deservedly so.

I also think it's pretty interesting because a lot of the music thata not hard rockin metal sounds like it could be on the snes, and the graphics in the I've stage have a very snes look to me. Technosoft were fuckin wizards man
>>
>>4174594
>As developers intended, always.
Seeing as the devs cut the slowdown for the Saturn version, it's safe to say they intended for there to be no slowdown, but had to deal with it because of the crappy hardware. Don't use shitty memes as an excuse to not improve your vidya playing experience, lad.
>>
>>4175242
go mod some more consoles faggot. put it some led lights while you're at it.
>>
>>4172042
Not underrated. Easily the most well-known shmup on Genesis for its soundtrack alone.

>>4175242
The Saturn version really butchers the SFX, sadly.
>>
File: megadrive OC module.jpg (129KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
megadrive OC module.jpg
129KB, 800x450px
>>4173670
>mutilating

Yeah okay there Mr. held the hot end
>>
It's a brilliant shmup and worth playing for the OST alone. They really put the Yamaha YM2612 to good use, and the boss themes are metal as fuck. A deservedly well-appreciated game, I'd say, not underrated. And slowdown is something you'd expect, not especially severe in my opinion and sometimes it can even help you in a tight spot.
>>
>>4172042
thunder force 4/lightening force was never underrated so lets get back on topic. so what makes an underrated game op?
>>
>>4175232
>>4175307
Thunder Force's popularity exploded about 7 years ago. I remember buying it boxed off ebay for a couple bucks because I was just trying to build up a shmup collection. I was blown away by its quality and the fact I'd never heard of it before.

Now it's going for $50 on ebay and I can't stop seeing it everywhere on /v/ and /vr/ (not that that's a bad thing).
>>
>>4175747
>I've never heard of it before
>that means its popularity explored RIGHT when I learned of its existence
you're the biggest faggot in this board. Thunderforce series was pretty popular in my country in its time.
>>
>>4175784
Did the game come out 2008 you retard? It was well recieved when it came out on genesis/mega drive so its not underrated. What has that do with its cost in 2008?
>>
>>4175802
Underrated doesn't mean it was hated. It doesn't mean people thought it was bad.

It means it was rated for less than it deserved. This is mathematically evident in the fact it used to be worth peanuts and then people suddenly got turned on to it from the internet and realized it was great and the price spiked.

Please post more of your favela anecdotal evidence that the game was NOT underrated, beyond a magazine article claiming the game was an 8 but derivative.
>>
>>4175802
>2008
Not Retro.
>>
>>4175826
If you check the second post you will see it being reviewed in its time with good reviews but thats not good for you, but a fucking graph from were 2008 is the earliest is? Are you retarded? Retrogames skyrocketing in price is pretty recent, genesis/mega drive have always had low prices before, they rose to popularity recently.

>>4175830
underage get out
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.