[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the better N64 Goemon game, /vr/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: goemons.jpg (231KB, 748x266px) Image search: [Google]
goemons.jpg
231KB, 748x266px
Which is the better N64 Goemon game, /vr/?
>>
>>4171150

They've got completely different gameplay, not really super comparable.
>>
I love Mystical Ninja, but damn that game was already notoriously lo-fi when it released, I can't imagine it holds up well, so I'm going to go with 2.
>>
>>4171150
Goemon 2 is pal only? Fucking damn.
>>
I'm so sick of discussing the N64 games, when the hell will the other games get fucking English patches already?
>>4171447
No, 2 was released in the US as well
>>
>>4171450
>tfw learning Japanese just so I can enjoy Goemon games
>>
>>4171150
Mystical Ninja is my favourite (3rd person open world adventure game, great music, dialogue, characters, boss fights, etc...) but Adventure is objectively better in terms of tight polished gameplay.

Depends on if you want a 3D adventure OoT style Goemon game or a 2.5D more linear platformer.
>>
>>4171450
Goemons Great Adventure
>>
>>4171150
Mystical Ninja for me, I enjoyed even more then OoT.. Hopefully we will get the SNES and PSX Goemon games translated in the future
>>
File: i_09_goemon_impact_aku.gif (38KB, 338x400px) Image search: [Google]
i_09_goemon_impact_aku.gif
38KB, 338x400px
Plot-wise, I like MNSG better, the story and characters make me crack up everytime, and the ending is hilarious. I feel GGA is a bit more generic in that aspect (demon from the underworld resurrects, etc, etc, it feels like a Castlevania or GnG parody, not bad, but not exactly original either).
Gameplay-wise they're very different but I got to say I give the edge to GGA. They also improved the Impact battles and made them co-op (or you can still change between Impact and Ms. Impact in single-player, mid-battle, which is pretty cool).
>>
GGA looks better and has dramatically superior platforming. OTOH, the characters are noticeably less balanced (reasons to play Sasuke in normal play? Uhhhh...) and you'll tend to gravitate towards Goemon as a matter of principle, rather than picking and chosing as you please.

That you can't switch them at will anytime you please the way you could in MNSG was arguably a mistake. Admittedly, if you COULD, chances are, the devs would incorporate the need to use different characters in a single stage much more heavily, which might tear the game's flow apart.

Personally, I like them both a great deal, but at the end of the day, GGA is just the much more polished game.

Also fuck Konami for removing the Impact intro sequence in the english version.
>>
Always wanted to play the second d game, but could never find it.
>>
Mystical Ninja 1, because exploration is more entertaining than platforming. Soundtrack's better too.
>>
>>4175962
To be fair, GGA used a lot of music from the first game.
It's hard to say which one has better exclusive tracks though. I may prefer GGA, but only slightly, and mainly because of this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjATgpc2qA
>>
>>4174508
>as a matter of principle
That's a funny way of saying "double jump makes the entire game trivial."
>>
>>4176002
The game is kinda designed around it though, Goemon's double jump is quick and and not floaty at all, so you can still fuck up a lot.
Ebisu's butt-bounce jump was underused though, I think I only remember one or two instances where I needed it. But I think it's time for replay because I haven't played in a long while.
>>
>>4172473
>3D adventure OoT style

OoT is in the style of MNSG, not the other way around.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.