[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to know if my TV is compatible with a Famicom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (276KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
276KB, 3000x1688px
Is there a way to know if my TV is compatible with a Famicom before buying one. It's a Trinitron KV-27v42 with channel coverage VHF:2-13/UHF:14-69/CATV:1-125.
>>
Just composite mod it
>>
>>4170869
Disregard this, I'm a huge faggot
>>
>>4170869
I don't have the man skill and I don't want jailbars.
>>4170872
McWhatNow?
>>
>>4170876
You're acting like RF would have better quality output... You're gonna get an even worse display of Jailbars on RF.
I also really don't get why you'd choose an og Fami if you're too retarded to mod something.
Go with an AV Fami and be done with it.
>>
>>4170864
Just get a frontloader
>>
>>4170864
Yes it'll work. Japanes channels 1 and 2 are US channels 95 and 96. Use a high quality phono cable for example the orange ones that are meant to carry dolby digital signals and come packaged with many satellite systems but go unused by people who don't have surround sound so they're pretty common to find lying around. Don't use a switchbox either, use a phono-to-F-type adapter to connect it to your coax. If you use a good connection like that it should look totally acceptable on your KVM.

>>4170914
A frontloader is definitely superior to a famicom but they're now also quite a bit more expensive so you can understand why someone just getting into the platform would choose to get a famicom for non-weeb reasons assuming he couldn't find a good deal locally.
>>
Channel two didn't work in my country, I got in an radio channel instead.

Channel one worked fine though.
>>
>>4170905
There's no jailbars on RF. I would've heard about it. The only times I've heard people complain about jailbars on a Famicom is after AV modding it.
>>
>>4171395
Are you retarded mate?
How do you think the Famicom or any other NES-type console generates it's RF output?
Just like the composite amp it takes the signal from Pin 21 of the PPU aka the composite signal and converts it to RF. It's just as susceptible to interference as a composite mod would be you genius.
The NES 101 for example is famous for having jailbars and that one literally only has RF.
>>
>>4171442
How come no one besides you has ever complained about jail bars on a Famicom then. Maybe if you use the word "retarded" more times in this thread I'll believe you, but two just isn't doing it for me.
>>
>>4171471
>>
>>4171471
Calling you retard a couple of more times won't change anything sadly.
Do you think the RF Modulator pulls of some kind of magic to get rid of the jailbars? It literally taps into the exact same signal a composite amp would so tell me how there should be any less interference? The amp itself does not generate those jailbars my friend.
>>
>>4171476
Or just address the way I worded the post instead of actually answering my question, Lange.
>>
Even if your TV can't handle it you can probably find a VCR lying around that can convert it to composite. The tape mechanism doesn't need to work so a broken VCR is fine.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.