[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SNES thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: blogsnesboxed.jpg (167KB, 969x527px) Image search: [Google]
blogsnesboxed.jpg
167KB, 969x527px
Let's have a relaxed thread about this system and its games.
Share favorite games, memories, anecdotes.
Do you remember the day you got your SNES? Was it any bundled edition? Mine was pic related.
Do you remember the perfume of a brand new SNES when you first opened it?
>>
SNES was my first "retro" console (Christmas 1999).
Wanted it solely for Yoshi's Island.
I remember being super excited reading the character bios in SSB64 and realizing there were tons of older games w/ those characters.
Mario Is Missing was an unprecedented let-down.
>>
I didnt get a snes until 2005 with chrono trigger, dkc2, earthbound, lttp and super empire strikes back.
>>
>>4170626
>Mario is Missing
kek
>>
File: goodman.gif (934KB, 498x332px) Image search: [Google]
goodman.gif
934KB, 498x332px
>>4170702
>go rent an N64 game at local video store
>always admire the SNES section while i'm there
>so many good-looking games, one day i will be able to play them all
>especially "mario is missing"
>luigi finally gets his own adventure
>he's not even in mario 64, needs to be unlocked in smash bros, but here he's got his own damn game
>it must be some kind of badass platformer
>after like a year (forever when you're a pre-teen) i finally have the console and the game
>fire it up
>"this is... different..."
>get to the first level
>m... mfw
>>
>>4170730
I beat it just to see if it got better.

It doesnt.
>>
>>4170629
>DKC games
>Earhound
>Empire Strikes Back
>LTTP
Nice first titles dude.
i would bitch about how a certain console successor to the latter title became a huge letdown for me retrospectively, but i'll shut my mouth to maintain peace.
>>
>>4170626

>Probably 5-6 years old
>Already played all the Mario Land games, Super Mario Allstars, Super Mario World
>"OH WOW A BRAND NEW MARIO GAME!!"
>Rent Mario's Time Machine
>Everything is a blur of disappointment
>>
>>4170603
>favorite games
Super mario all stars, mario kart, street fighter 2, dkc 1 and 2, doom and super mario world. super ghouls and ghosts.
>memories
I remember it less since i got it too late after retro gaming had its prices climb up unlike in the past with my NES when i was able to buy plenty of cheap games (SNES games were in bargain bins by the time i was born i did not have to pay 80 bucks for donkey kong).
>Do you remember the day you got your SNES?
Christmas 4 years ago when i was 15.
>Was it any bundled edition?
It was the SNES JR no fancy box just the console and a few games.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.