[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/chinkshit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

This is a thread for discussing cheap Chinese crap from the likes of AliExpress and similar sites. Have you bought anything /vr/ related that you found interesting?
>>
I bought this thing on a whim, and it's one of the more bizarre things I've purchased. It's basically a tiny famiclone with a built in 89-in-1 multicart. It's powered by a single AAA battery and honestly it's not terrible for the price. The big issue is the button layout, for some ungodly reason they put the B button directly above the A button, which was awkward to get used to. Also the analog-style joystick is difficult to use in 8 directions, and there's no select button. Nevertheless, the game selection is relatively decent (though there are a number of repeated games) and it's so compact that it's not a bad thing to take on vacation if you have a CRT to connect it to. If you're willing to pay more you could probably find better, though.

Also, it has a bizarre flashlight feature. If you unplug the TV cable and hold left on the joystick, a bright white LED shines on the left side. I have absolutely no idea why they thought it was necessary to include this, but that's China I suppose.
>>
>>4170214
I love these threads but there's not way I'd ever buy anything posted.
>>
File: EDN8 China.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
EDN8 China.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>4170261 #
it's all cheap and you have buyer protection, and not all of it is memes. You can get legitimately useful retro and non-retro vidya shit on there, as well as almost anything else.
>>4170256 #
pretty bizarre, I haven't seen that one yet but I haven't been famiclone / multicart hunting as much since I bought my chinese EverDrive N8.
>>
>>4170214

i love ali express. i got a sega genesis clone thing to play on (i already own all three models but wanted to try it out) and it works p. well. i also picked up a bunch of repros. i like them cuz they don't gut old carts to make their repros but make their own boards and cases and shit. pretty cool shit, also they have a ton of replacement parts like av cables, power cables etc.
>>
I got Survival Kids for the GB from them, works perfectly despite being a cheap version.
I plan on getting more of the games that have insane prices on ebay. I've been thinking about getting one of their GB Boy ones but the distorted aspect ratio prevents me from doing so. I'm still waiting to see if they'll release a newer version with that corrected.
>>
File: GBBoy AlleyWay Invert.jpg (75KB, 545x429px) Image search: [Google]
GBBoy AlleyWay Invert.jpg
75KB, 545x429px
>>4170346
They won't, they're using off the shelf parts, there's no way they'll have screens cusom built for a $30 GBC clone. That said, the aspect ratio isn't a huge deal, it's really similar to how the Super Game Boy displays things, actually.
>>
I got an NES multicart with Splatterhouse and Sweet Home
>>
Where do I start with multicarts? Are they any good? I'm not worried about them damaging my consoles, but I am worried that "X00-in-1" is really the same 10 games repeated over and over again.
>>
File: 20170720_175417.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170720_175417.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>4170214
I don't trust them because of pic related (I didn't think it's that big of an issue to start a dispute over, but still).

Also, is it still true that Chinese flashcarts can be bricked by official firmware?
>>
>>4170516
What am I looking at here?
>>
>>4170523
Double-ended electric buttplug for mice
>>
>>4170516
You don't trust them because of earbuds?
>>
Interesting topic to discuss, but I wish we could call this thread different. I know it's a fixed expression on /g/, but come on, we're better than that.

>>4170256
Ha, interesting, I've seen that one too and wondered how terrible it was. What's the selection of games? Does the missing select button ever impact gameplay?
>>
I bought a Saturn Action Replay for a decent price off there recently, and I had some cash to burn so I thought Id buy a few Mega Drive bootlegs.
>>
>>4170539
>>4170523

Look closer
>>
>>4170523
look closer
>>
>>4170516
>Chinese flashcarts can be bricked by official firmware?
Some of them, yes.
>>
My main problem with aliexpress is I just never know what term to search for to find stuff I'm actually looking for.
>>
>>4170547
>>4170550
I'm still not seeing it
>>
>>4170550
Kinda looks like the left and right earbuds are attached to each other like Siamese twins.
>>
>>4170571
You kindof just have to learn their weird vocabulary from browsing. GB, Game Card, etc.
>>
>>4170493
You're better off looking for them on aliexpress. Just search for 8bit game card, 60 pins or 72 pins. You should find a few multicarts. Look for the ones with the most positive feedbacks and check the description for the game list. If there's no game list, look for another one.
>>
it worth to buy arcade stick from ali?
>>
>>4170523
>>4170539
Left earphone is pointing up, right is pointing down.
>>
>>4170516
Yeah, you can't update chinese flashcarts, but they often ship with the most recent firmware at the time. The bricking is actually a mechanism krikzz built in since he was pissy about it despite basing his entire business on reverse engineering chinese copiers from the 90s.
>>
>>4170645
I second this question.
>>
>>4170845
My Chinese EDN8's firmware is from 2014. I bought it Nov 2016.
>>
Got this one recently, castlevanias, advance wars, lttp and some sdie scrollers. Saves work and everything, overall very surprised
>>
>>4171010
Can it hold more than one save file at a time?
>>
File: scary-chinese-person.jpg (53KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
scary-chinese-person.jpg
53KB, 600x400px
>>4171017
Yes
>>
>>4171010
care to post the link? im deffinitely buying that for my Gameboy Player on Cube.
>>
http://s.aliexpress.com/ruiYrAFb
Works great on the cube
>>
This is probably a bit of a long shot, but has anybody ever found a cart of this bootleg Dynasty Warriors game on Ali/Taobao/etc?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUOyeKbWMRI
>>
>>4170493
>>4170632
Comparing game lists to find the one you want is a pain in the ass, apparently a lot of Chinese people don't know about alphabetical order. And they stick them all in an image so you can't ctrl+F. They do show some decent choice of selections though, I guess they pick up on which repros sell.
>>
>>4171048
If you look around just a little you can find a ez flash IV for ~20-25, might as well get that and have the whole library available.
>>
>>4170214
I ordered a 60 to 72 pin converter for my NES so I can play the Japanese games. It has not come in the mail yet.
>>
Don't waste your money on this crap, anon.
>>
File: IMG_20170805_151922.jpg (4MB, 3120x2693px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170805_151922.jpg
4MB, 3120x2693px
>>4171145
Link it bruh
Also when you have too many games to choose from then you get to play the look through the menu for what game to play game
>>
>>4170998
the new firmwares havent added much afaik, and the community mappers work on the chinese clones.
>>
>>4171340
Just check ebay. I'm not tracking one down for you, I found mine on my own, it's not very hard.
>>
File: bittboy-white-3-550x550.jpg (35KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
bittboy-white-3-550x550.jpg
35KB, 550x550px
should i buy bitt boy or gb boy?

pros of gb boy :

good games that were meant to be played while mobile

pros of bitt boy :

rechargable battery instead of using two AA like gb boy.

screen resolution isn't fucked like gb boy
>>
>>4171396
GB Boy + flashcart.
>>
File: final-layout.jpg (352KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
final-layout.jpg
352KB, 1000x750px
is it worth it to make a retropi handheld? they look very complicated, i've never soldered anything before. the end result looks very good though
>>
>>4171436
Gore
>>
>>4170845
>>4170998
Krikzz' firmware updates never accomplish anything you'd care about and the consoles/games you're using the cart with will never change so it's rather a non-issue.
>>
>>4171396
the screen 'resolution' isn't fucked on the gb boy, the aspect ratio is just a little squashed.
>>
>>4171396
Bittboy costs too much for what it is.
If you could load your own roms on it, it would be worth it, but alas.
You can find very similar things on aliexpress for half the price or less.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.