[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Crazy Am I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: NES.jpg (7KB, 255x198px) Image search: [Google]
NES.jpg
7KB, 255x198px
Alright /vr/. I have a crazy idea. I want to take an old NES console and repair it. Then, I want to take a raspberry pi and run RetroPie on it and house it inside the console. Can I do this?
>>
>>4169720
you won't get far, let alone complete it, because you are an retard
>>
>>4169726
How so? Just house it near the plastic and drill holes for ports or some shit
>>
>>4169720
It's doable in theory, but why?
>>
>>4169730
Idk. I think it would be really neat to not only have a working NES but also multiple emulators and games with it. Kinda like one of those Pi NES cases but its functional. Adds some nostalgia value
>>
>>4169729
because first of all your logic is weird. fix it, but then put an emulator in there. if you fix it, why put an emulator in there. if you put a gay pi in there, why fix it. and if your logic is so off base right from the start, it doesn't bode well for the project in general, you will be following wrong paths, changing your mind etc. if you have done anything similar to this already you would have worked out those kinks in your thinking
>>
>>4169748
>>4169748
Idk I think it would be cool, that's basically the logic. That way I could have a custom NES console that plays cartridges and other games like SNES or Genesis
>>
>>4169756
how would the two be integrated? what would happen if you tried to use both at the same time?
>>
>>4169775
Whatever TV input is on is what's running. Im not planning on doing any sautering. Just run a power source out of the NES casing
>>
>>4169787
lol, imposter
>>
File: 1501799712372.jpg (603KB, 1080x3130px) Image search: [Google]
1501799712372.jpg
603KB, 1080x3130px
>>4169720
It seems like you've got it figured out. Some tips:
Boil your 72 pin connector.
Try not to drill holes
Lose the metal shielding inside the NES if you're hurting for space.

I think it's a cool idea. Don't let these guys discourage you.
>>
>>4169807
Thanks!
>>
>>4169720
Please don't destroy a historical machine for your little project. Just buy a pi case and out place the pi next to the nes. I guarantee you will lose the motivation to fuck up the nes as that setup will work just fine.
In the end you will even be glad you have a nes in good condition.
>>
>>4169720
But if you do post pics so we have new gore thread material
>>
>>4169756
I'm not really understanding the logic at all. If you're emulating the SNES and Genesis, why bother with the real NES? Why not just use the Pi for everything? You can't use the NES controller for SNES or Genesis games, and I'm fairly certain there's no way to like wire the NES controller to both the NES and the Pi.

I just don't really get what the point is. If they're going to use different inputs, power sources, and controllers, and one is going to require carts and the other isn't, why put the Pi inside the NES? It'd make more sense if you just wanted to use the NES outer case as a casing for the Pi without the NES guts still inside, but what you're doing is basically just duct taping a Pi to an NES.

I'm not trying to put you down, I just genuinely don't get what you're trying to do.
>>
>>4169850
There's literally so many out there that are "For Parts" that just need a pin cleaning. Im not desecrating a historical machine. Simply upgrading it,
>>4169854
Will do
>>
>>4169886
It's literally just because it's cool lmao. Im not going for effiency
>>
>>4169891
You're not getting anywhere with this project.
>>
File: 1500432431354.gif (184KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
1500432431354.gif
184KB, 500x440px
>>4169720
That's such a lame idea, why bother
>>
>>4169850
>historical machine
Oh God, this bullshit. Your little toy box will never be revered as a work of art worth preserving for the benefit of mankind. Get over it. Your collection isn't historical for shit. Your cartridges will become useless commercial pieces of plastic soon enough anyway.
>>
>>4169720
hey, give it a whirl, it will either be a success or a learning experience, win/win
>>
File: sega computer.jpg (19KB, 389x194px) Image search: [Google]
sega computer.jpg
19KB, 389x194px
>>4170037
>>
File: ....png (434KB, 1280x842px) Image search: [Google]
....png
434KB, 1280x842px
>>4169720
Sigh... and to think you killed a thread for this trash...
>>
>>4169720
Use a famicom instead, OP. Smaller housing, better visual design. They sell long-cord usb famicom controller knockoffs as well.
>>
*puts on sunglasses*
Hey guys, Im a... RETRO gamer...

*boots up NES* yeah, it works...
*switches to raspberry pi*

I got it all.
>>
Fucking normies need to stop cannibalizing perfectly fine consoles and sticking Raspberry Pi's in them.

If you continue this project please make sure to order a broken NES or just order the shell itself. I don't like seeing limited hardware going to waste.
>>
>>4169720
Ignore the haters here, OP. They will be jealous of all the Reddit gold you will get.
>>
>>4169720
Don't destroy a real system that someone could be using just for you stupid reddit project.
>>
>>4170037
>muh art
>>
>>4169720
I think you got us confused, or people are retarded. You are keeping the original NES, in working condition, and then putting a Raspi inside too?
>>
>>4169735
I like it. It is like an artisanal NES like the designer stuff on esty. Make a couple prototypes and sell them to fund the project, it will pay for itself.
>>
>>4169720
What a stupid idea
>>
>>4169807
>Lose the metal shielding inside the NES if you're hurting for space.
Reminder that doing this can result in 20 year prison sentence when the FCC come calling.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.