[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did this thing make ANY games easier to play? I always found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: OG fite stick.jpg (213KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
OG fite stick.jpg
213KB, 1024x683px
Did this thing make ANY games easier to play? I always found it made things worse.
>>
>>4168291
My mom said that it made Fester's Quest playable because of the turbo function. That is the only game I ever remember her playing.
>>
It made it easier if you were a frequent arcade-goer. If you used babby-tier controllers of course it's diffcult

t. 40 year old
>>
Shmups
>>
>>4168327
This. Also the preffered way to play the Ninja Gaiden games.
>>
File: nintendo-ghostbusters-2.jpg (24KB, 650x283px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-ghostbusters-2.jpg
24KB, 650x283px
No, but it sure does make controlling that damn Lady Liberty easier.
>>
>>4168291
I used it for Nintendo's Pro Wrestling and Track & Field 2. I had the advantage.
>>
>>4168315
Sounds legit. kek
>>
>>4168603
Damn you made me feel
>>
>>4168603
I don't get it, what did they hook it up to? The statue has no wiring or CPU naturally.
>>
>>4168671
It sent electrical impulses through the pink slime that made the statue move.
>>
My friend that had one of these called it "the NES" instead of "the Advantage" because "NES" comes first in the name printed at the bottom.
I remember thinking it was odd, but it didn't cause any actual confusion. I think we called the NES itself "the Nintendo"
>>
Can you use two Advantages for 2 player games like Double Dragon 2? Would using a Four Score/Satellite work?
>>
>>4169316
afaik you can just plug in the first connector of the two per unit and have two joysticks hooked up. No idea about trying to do things with 4 inputs though.
>>
>>4169346
Oh ok, thought you had to have both ends plugged in for each joystick, but that must just be if you're using it for alternating 2p games. Was eyeing an Advantage with box, but idk, probably wouldn't really them enough to justify buying a second one.
>>
>>4168291
No. It has been and always will be shit
>>
>>4168291
I feel that way about arcade sticks in general
>>
>>4168313
>My mom said
>>
>>4168291
Never tried one of those but I do know that using the analog stick on my gamepad when emulating helps a lot with all the arcade ports and similar games
>>
File: nesmax.jpg (22KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
nesmax.jpg
22KB, 500x354px
The Turbo function was pretty great but once the NES MAX came out, the Advantage started gathering dust in favor for better design.

The Slow motion feature was pretty helpful for certain games though which the NES Max never had.
>>
I got one a week ago and it's great for adventure island. It's easier to continuously tap shoot while jumping on an arcade controller.
>>
>>4170393
I never actually looked at one of these up close. Is the dpad just one huge button you press on the sides to move in? It looks weird af
>>
File: IMG_0911.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0911.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>
>>4170780
The d-pad is a disc that slides across the buttons.
>>
File: IMG_0912.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0912.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
>>
>>4168291
Way worse for me personally. It was ok on shmups.
>>
File: IMG_0913.jpg (553KB, 1920x876px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0913.jpg
553KB, 1920x876px
>>
>>4170393
I hated that controller. Thinking about reversible mod where you can put an Xbox stick in place of the red slidey thing.
>>
>>4168291
No. Playing on a stick that uses rubber domes instead of microswitches is just gross feeling
>>
It made hopping on bubbles a cakewalk in Bubble Bobble when i was like 7 years old.
>>
>>4168291
I only use it for Arcade ports. It works alright for those.
>>
>>4168291
I always liked it
then again, I'm slowly gathering arcade controllers for all my older consoles because arcades always make me feel comfy
>>
Gyruss was the best with the NES Advantage, honestly.
>>
>>4168291
That's cheating.
>>
>>4168291
It's just a gimmicky controller. Looks cool, but it's not great.
>>
>>4168291
I have a few weird NES controllers. The Advantage is so much better than this piece of garbage. The Advantage is at least good for arcade ports, like Pac-Man and Donkey Kong. I can't play anything with the Quickshot.
>>
>>4173005
Good for afterburner
>>
The programmable/turbo buttons made turbo-shooting nice.

Better than that horrible NES Max. That control button slidy thing never worked for me. A d-pad with turbo-able buttons would have been way better, like some of those 3rd party ones had.
>>
>>4173005
Yeah, the Advantage is good for what it is, I don't know what you'd do with that thing. Flight stick with digital controls, woohoo.
>>
For certain games of course. I can't imagine playing the Ikari Warriors games of Guerilla War without it. Also if you ever needed to knock the shit out of your brother for being a douche bag and resetting games while you played them, it was the perfect tool.
>>
File: Lemmings.gif (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Lemmings.gif
83KB, 500x500px
>>4169460
>Isn't successful enough to allow his mother to live in the attached suite of his mansion
Bet you don't have a Neo Geo either
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.