[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is MechWarrior 2: Mercs better played with a joystick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: MechWarrior_2_Merc_cover.jpg (81KB, 395x425px) Image search: [Google]
MechWarrior_2_Merc_cover.jpg
81KB, 395x425px
Is MechWarrior 2: Mercs better played with a joystick?
>>
>>4167652
You can simply use a gamepad as a joystick.
Dedicated joysticks are a 90's thing that died.
>>
>>4167656
I actually have a joystick (for Flight sims/Descent)
I just got it setup but the torso aiming doesn't feel right and I can't seem to find a way to change this.
>>
>>4167668
whats the exact problem you're having?
i didn't have any issues using my joystick with the game.
>>
>>4167873
When i tilt my joystick a certain degree it feels like an absolute value, like the throttle rather than accelerating the more you tip the joystick, like in freespace for example.
>>
>>4167652
I wish the game supported rumble like heavy gear does, then i could have more fun using my microsoft forcefeedback sidewinder pro joystick.
>>
Every mechwarrior is better with a good joystick imho
>>
>>4167652
Are the Mechwarrior games on PC still impossible to play "emulated" (that it is through DOS-BOX or something)? I don't want to look for another retro PC with Windows 98 or older just to play a few games but AFAIK there's no way to play them natively on later Windows versions except for the first MW.
>>
>>4167953
I'm running MechWarrior through dosbox just fine at 640x480. Just don't use Terran text maps as it lags the shit out of mercs
>>
>>4167958
I prefer glide version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWzWdwj9NvU
>>
>>4170375
Glide version is an absolute bitch to get running. but man does it look the best.
>>
>>4170385
It even is on real hardware if you dont have a voodoo 1, i had to go through every version of the glide.dll in the voodoo 1 drivers to find one that would work with the game on my voodoo 2. The titanium version of the game doesn't have these issues though and works easily with glide/direct3D though.
>>
>>4167953
MW4 works on Win7/8/10 with the addon pack (MekTek).
>>
>>4170597
what about MW3?
>>
>>4170832
I got MW3 to work on Win7 using dgVoodoo and a frame limiter.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.