[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is boring.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

File: sonic-3d-blast-05.png (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sonic-3d-blast-05.png
50KB, 640x480px
This game is boring.
>>
>>4167429
That game is shit.
>>
...and so is your thread. At least gives us some context and tell us WHY you think the game is boring.

Also, nice filters, you shitlord.
>>
welcome to 1996 lawls
>>
>>4167429
I remember having game informer as a kid, and getting a bunch of codes for Sonic 3D blast on sega saturn.... but not on genesis.

...so we rented a saturn to try out sonic 3D blast.

...After that, we never spent money on sega hardware ever again.
>>
>>4167429
yeah it is
>>
>>4167476
You are personally responsible for the death of the greatest hardware manufacturer in the console industry of all time. How does that make you feel?
>>
>>4167513
Wasn't aware Sonic 3D Blast was made for Nintendo systems.
>>
I've had this game since I was a kid and I've never gotten past the 4th level because just wasn't as fun as Sonic 2 or CD, and by the time the Dreamcast came out I was playing Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 on that instead.
>>
>>4167429
Is that Snake Rattle 'n' Roll?
>>
>>4167513
I don't think you understand how awful a game experience sonic 3D blast was
>>
>>4167513
lol sega caused the death of sega

if they were the 'greatest console hardware manufacturer' they'd know better than to keep shitting out another one every other week and have everyone lose faith in their brand.
>>
>>4167429
Really liked Sonic games as a kid, and this was and still is awkward to play, but it was so novel that you just get the hang of the control and it becomes an enjoyable experience

The "Getting used to the controls" thing can be said about a lot of sega games though lol
>>
>>4167429
Yes, it is. Incredibly boring.

Shame the music is so good though, both versions are like audio heaven
>>
Played it on PC as a kid, Had a ton of fun ?????
>>
I remember asking for Sonic 3 for my birthday and getting this turd instead. My levels of butthurt knew no bounds.
>>
>>4167513

Fucking LOL. SEGA deserved it, dumbass. If they had got their shit together and finished Sonic X-Treme instead of porting a shitty Genesis game in its place, anon's like that wouldn't have lost so much trust in them.
>>
>>4167429
It really is.
The music is nice at least, and the graphics are actually kind of decent.

but yeah, it controls kind of like ass and looking for flickies is no fun at all
the no flicky hack makes the game less tedious, but brings the fact that very little in the game is remotely dangerous (or would be, if not for the slippery as fuck controls)
>>
>>4167429
See, this game is a process of discovery. Sonic Team asked themselves "how can we transplant Sonic gameplay into 3D?"

Not that way.
>>
>>4168045
>alternate universe
>Sonic X-Treme is made
>Gameplay is just regular run'n'jump
>"Gotta go FAST" meme is never born
>Sonic series remains about platforming instead of SPEED
>Modern Sonic games are regular platformers and actually good
>>
Might be the best Sonic OST, Bosses are clever and use the "3D" space well.

Shame about the rest of the game.
>>
I thought it was fun. Pretty good graphics for the Genesis. I love isometric games like this and Snake Rattle n Roll.
>>
>>4168045
>If they had got their shit together and finished Sonic X-Treme.

It would've sucked since they had no engine, no game plan, they were just playing around doing hardware tech demos, learning how to do basic 3d.

that and the game would've been known for actually killing its programmer during development (it got canned because the main programmer, who worked 16 hours a day, came down with pneumonia and told the boss that he can't keep going anymore).
>>
>>4169510
I entirely agree with you
>>
3D Blast and Shuffle were shit before Sonic was shit.
>>
I love the isometric look, but it just doesn't work with platformers.
>>
>>4167513

>How does that make you feel?

fine?
>>
>>4170510
Shufle is a fine game if you've got four people playing, but it's still clearly several echelons below what it's imitating.
>>
It's alright. I certainly wouldn't call it a bad game, but it's kinda dull. Like >>4169507 said, the music is fucking excellent, and it's a shame it doesn't accompany a better game.
>>
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1052/

Removing the need to collect Flickies makes 3D Blast actually good
>>
>>4167429
All it needed was analog controls.
>>
>>4170691
>OP says Sonic 3D Blast is boring
>Recommend him a rom hack that makes a boring game even more boring
>>
Was 3D Blast the first collectathon?
>>
>>4170772
You're a teenager trying too hard to belong. It's a bad game.
>>
>>4170772
I'm 31. Game was shit then and it still is.
>>
>>4170772
>>4170951
This man is correct
>>
>>4170772
>and overall better than any fully 3D Sonic that ever came after (except MAYBE SA1)
For sure not better than SA1. Even Heroes was better.
>>
It was my introduction to Sonic on the PC and I liked it.
>>
I bought it in 1996 and hated it. The graphics were good, the sound was amazing but it is boring, sparse and controls like shit.
And Spring Stadium was a nightmare for child me.

They could have used this engine for a better game. Some rom hacker should build a good game out of it.
>>
>>4170951
Not any of the people you're arguing with, but here's a thought:

Sonic 3D blast is yet another game. It has people who like it and people who don't. The game itself isn't necessarily bad, but when put up against the gameplay of the most renowned Sonic games, ergo 1, 2, 3, and S&K, it isn't nearly as well received. This isn't to say it's a bad game, I myself enjoy it. It's not one of my favorites, but it's still a decent game.

Just to say this, I don't think this is the thread for you, Anon.
>>
>>4169512

Oh don't get me wrong, there's no fucking way it was getting finished with that dev team. What I mean is they should have got someone besides SoA to develop it in the first place, like, y'know, the actual developers of the series up to that point who were farting around making a flying simulator instead.
>>
>>4170676

Having played Shuffle with three other people, it's STILL not good. There just aren't enough minigames overall and the fact that there's no minigame-each-turn rule means you can be stuck on the board for fucking ever. My friends unironically love Sonic and they were appalled at how bad it was.

It's similar to Sony's All Stars Battle Royale in that its biggest flaw is that it ISN'T a 1:1 clone, the changes made to differentiate it are exactly what breaks the formula and make it not fun.
>>
>>4170751
>collecting flickies is somehow exciting
>>
>>4167513
good
>>
>>4170951
>>4171056
Too obvious samefag
>>
MD or Saturn? I've never given it a proper chance and I'd like to.
>>
>>4170691
Collecting Flickies was fine.
Making them impossible to collect again if you get hit was the bad part.
>>
Still playing Genesis in the mid/late-90s was the absolute definition of boredom. Your eyes glaze over playing through Marble Garden / Carnival Night for the 100th time, while home sick from school.
>>
>>4167513
>You are personally responsible for the death of the greatest hardware manufacturer in the console industry of all time.
getting a wee bit overdramatic here, aren't we
>>
>>4172824
Saturn has better special stages, MD has better OST.
>>
Can one of you people who enjoys 3D Blast try to explain the appeal? Do you think it's better than Sonic 3 and Knuckles? Why?
>>
>>4171056
Not really
>>
>>4167429
Which is probably why it never got a sequel.
>>
>>4170891
Same here.

I remember the disappointment of Sonic 3D Blast well. The stages were bland, Sonic was slow, and that homing jump attack was only needed because the controls felt awful. I still regret renting this game over Ristar to this day.
>>
>>4167429
It's not a terrible game but it could have been a lot better. If you really hate the flicky hunting there's a patch for the Genesis that removes them and lets you clear the stage at your leisure. There's even a branch of the patch that throws in Super Sonic, pretty cool shit.

Some would argue that this destroys the whole point of the game and you have no reason to explore, but on the other hand you still have to search everywhere and avoid damage if you want enough rings to enter the special stages and get the best ending. I think it balances out that way.
>>
I agree OP. That game wasn't really all that good.
>>
>>4172949
It's not better than Sonic 3 and Knuckles but I didn't really view it as a successor either. It's one of Sonic's many gimmicky spin-off titles. I just think it's a fun game that focuses on exploration.
>>
>>4175354
That seems really bizarre, aren't you just left with giant barren stages if you take out the Flickies?
>>
>>4172949
I loved it as a kid and recently replayed it. Its not a great game but I still had fun with it. The level designs are all really good, the music is great and for a Genesis game it had pretty good graphics. The only real issue I have with the game is the slippery controls and lack of enemies. If the controls were a little tighter and the game had more of a challenge than I think it would be a great game.
>>
>>4172926
The special stages of the Saturn version are the only fun thing on that game
>>
File: 1375999392766.jpg (58KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
1375999392766.jpg
58KB, 500x481px
>>4176589
Yep, that completely removes the entire goal of each stage and leaves you to go collect the emeralds. Really hollow game.

>>4171160
>they should have got someone besides SoA to develop it in the first place, like, y'know, the actual developers of the series up to that point who were farting around making a flying simulator instead.
You're referring to Nights, correct? I think it was good they branched off and made something different. You could already see Sonic was needing some sort of hiatus. 3D Blast and Sonic R aren't really spectacular pieces of software and are kind of thrown out there to satiate the need for a new Sonic game every year. That does the series damage in the long run and well after S3&K, you'd have to go in a different direction to top things.

20 years later, more paths of divergence and we're getting Mania. It's strange to see them returning to the Sonic that they ditched so long ago.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.