[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

N64 really should have added an optional SNES+NES player. It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

N64 really should have added an optional SNES+NES player. It would have extended the life of SNES games a bit, and encouraged people to buy an N64.
>>
>>4167193
PS4 should be backwards compatible with PS2 and PSX out the box but Sony are complete fucking kikes that want to 'remaster' all their games and recharge for them on playstation store again.

I can understand why PS3 emulation is too complicated (cell chip bullshit) but for PSX and PS2 they have no excuse.
>>
>>4167193
>encouraged people to buy an N64.

the N64 completely abandoning 2d games was a huge fuck you to people who loved the nes & snes.
>>
>>4167193
What is Tristar 64?
>>
>>4167248
>the N64 completely abandoning 2d games was a huge fuck you to people who loved the nes & snes.
lol. no it wasn't you magnificent fucking shithead. we had had 2D games for every preceding generation. 3D was the hot new shit and everybody was excited for it. fucking nobody bought an N64 and played Mario 64 thinking "WAAAAAAAH WHY ISN'T THIS 2D LIKE SUPER MARIO WORLD? WHAT A FUCK YOU FROM NINTENDO".

I know you feel really special about posting on a retro video game board despite being born in the mid to late '90s but really, you're an absolute fucking idiot and have no idea what the fuck you're spouting. please kys asap.
>>
>>4167193
or you know, not fucked over Sony and not sperged out over load times on CDs

That didn't happen, though.

Turns out people bought them anyway.
It may surprise you, but Nintendo is STILL AROUND to this VERY DAY, making millions and millions of dollars every year.
>>
Funny thing about "backward compatibility," i remember in the early run snes user manuals they had a diagram showing you how to daisy chain its rf switch with the original nes's
>>
Also nintendo was kind enough to use the same composite output cable for snes-gcn seriously cutting down on cord clutter
>>
>>4167273

I hate to admit it, but for once I agree with this angsty little cunt. He's right.
>>
>>4167193

GBA was released not long after, you also had the gameboy

Honestly 2D was already spent during the 8bit era. Just look at indie shit these days, they're all reharshing NES games and their mechanics with a new paint job.

16 bit era had already one foot into 3D with all the prerendered sprites and quasi 3D games like F-zero
>>
>>4167273

Nintendo 64 has probably not aged as well as the NES and SNES, but the games were pretty good at the time. I've probably spent most of my playing days on the Nintendo 64, and we didn't think about the shitty 3D graphics then.

I've also played a bit on the gamecube, and the games there have aged better, but still N64 was pretty neat back around '00.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.