[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone remembers Tibia? What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: tibia.jpg (148KB, 652x511px) Image search: [Google]
tibia.jpg
148KB, 652x511px
Anyone remembers Tibia? What went wrong?
>>
It aged like milk.
>>
They ruined it by revamping some basic mechanics back in 2007, so many updates were added after that that didn't really add anything substantial and only made the game worse
>>
We're all taking refugee in Medivia.

Same great old game, good updates, same retarded playerbase.
>>
>>4165452
Lack of hotkeys ruins it for me. I know that so many players think that pre-7.8 hotkeys were the best because PvP had "skill", but it makes PvMing as a Sorc/Druid a pain in the ass. I also dislike the retro graphics, without the addon and outfit quests, no PoI quest, etc.

Not to mention that 80% of the online players were rune-making bots. I'm not kidding.
>>
>>4165464
For me, targeting is a lot better than holding the hotkey. Anyway, you can target monsters using the battle box window.

There are addons now, you might want to take a look. Particularly I don't care about it but I think the hunter and knight addon is just great.

>Not to mention that 80% of the online players were rune-making bots. I'm not kidding.

Unfortunately thats true, but thats the price we pay for a "better" Tibia :(
>>
>>4165337
Does anybody else really dislike that slanted bird's eye view used in this and the Ultima series? I really can't stand it compared to the more traditional 3/4 view used in most JRPGs.
>>
>>4165534
It's called isometric, and I really like it. In fact, I wish more MMOs used it.
>>
>>4165337
fucking slavs and turks begging for money and pacc accounts. Fucking viruses everywhere on the net if you tried to search for anything tibia related, fucking retarded kids playing this shit and arguing about everything on main chat. This game died and I am glad so.
>>
>>4165534
>hurr jrpgs are better, westerners did it wrong!1
>>
File: 1488508132354.png (143KB, 253x307px) Image search: [Google]
1488508132354.png
143KB, 253x307px
>>4165903
Woah, a guy posting from a parallel universe where the post he's responding to is clearly completely different from the one we're seeing.
>>
>>4165912
see >>4165534

>dislike that slanted bird's eye view used in this and the Ultima series (western games)

>I really can't stand it compared to the more traditional 3/4 view used in most JRPGs. (jrpgs did it better)

also, topkek "traditional 3/4 view"
>>
>>4165534
Yes, I hate it. It looks fucking terrible. If it had used an isometric viewpoint akin to something like Diablo, that would be fine, but the perspective in this game looks like dirt.
>>
What a clusterfuck, did the game always look like that or is that a bad screenshot?
>>
>>4166046
after reading your post
I can only think you're literally a 16 year old spending hes first days on /vr/
>>
>>4166069

I'm not the guy you're replying to but that's a bit of a presumption, anon, no need to be a dick. I feel similarly, I find it nauseating.
>>
>>4165534
Its okay once you get used to it.
>>
>>4166069
>y-you don't like what I like, you must be 16, f-faggot
After reading your post I can only assume that you have a spectrum disorder because this would only look good to someone suffering from said mental illness. I am deeply sorry that have you have bad taste and spent your childhood playing this piece of shit while I was playing good games like Diablo 2, but that doesn't make me a child nor wrong; it simply makes you a retard.
>>
>>4166151
>good games like diablo 2
You're trully the master of rpg, shall I bow down to you?
>>
>>4166279
>You're trully the master of rpg, shall I bow down to you?
If you consider Tibia to be better than Diablo 2, then you aren't even worthy of bowing down to me.
>>
Keama Dral and Talah Teon.
I remember those names from very, very long ago, i think they appear in a lot of old screenshots. Do they work for Cipsoft?

I loved this game back in the day and i'll never forget all the emotions it made me feel.
>>
>>4165362
games don't age reeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>4166631
They do and its a legit argument but not complete when you dont develop your point.
>>
>>4166738
I was just making fun of the people who say that.
>>
Anyone played Zezenia Online?
>>
Honestly I really liked this game a lot. There were a ton of little secrets, like areas that most players didn't know existed because of inconsistent game mechanics (normally you can only climb up north and west, except here lol you can ascend south to an unseen floor), or items that would spawn after every server save (~6:00 AM), for ones in mundane locations you could have an alt parked there to log in and collect it but sometimes you'd be competing with another player for the item which could be a friendly rivalry or you guys could try to kill each other. If it was in a dangerous area you didn't want to log out there because you'd log in without vision, or your healing items ready to use, etc. so you'd have to find the best location but not give away that the item was there, or work with a friend to handle the monsters on the way there, etc.

Tibia also saw it's peak player counts in the days before wikis were a thing, so there was no step-by-step guide for this quest, it was all word of mouth, a test of your social gaming if you could make allies with intelligent people. Good hunting spots were kept secret for as long as possible otherwise they would become crowded.

But my favorite was the open-world PVP almost anywhere with massive death penalties. If you escaped a PK you felt a massive adrenaline rush because you stand to lose SO MUCH. If someone is disrespectful and pisses you off you can try to kill them and put them in their place - but also be prepared to deal with the consequences if they have friends or allies. During big wars almost any area could become a potential ambush zone - towns, hunting grounds, mountain passes, jungles, it was dynamic and changing and very real combat tactics instead of "you must meet at the designated PVP zone, where you lose nothing."

Special quests that were rumored to only be completed by few players were revealed to be nonexistent and unfinished once updates came in and the quest became extremely obvious.
>>
>>4167296
While wiki culture dealt a large blow to it, replacing the magic and mystery with extracted data and complete data for loot tables and drop rates, it was also harmed by a large cheating/botting problem that Cipsoft never really got/were able to get serious about.

Finally, the culture of younger gamers not wanting to play a 2D isometric game, as well as wanting a more casual, less hardcore gameplay experience in general pulled the plug on attracting new players. The next gen of players liked reaching level caps and maxing skill trees and twinking out the best gear for every slot. Tibia's real charm was that there was no level cap, no skill cap, it just keeps going. The concept of unlimited potential with no closure is unappealing to some people and I can't blame them.
>>
>>4166889
Was also wanting to know about it, is it good?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.