[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vr/ RPG Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 180px-Iguana-on-a-stick2.jpg (8KB, 180x106px) Image search: [Google]
180px-Iguana-on-a-stick2.jpg
8KB, 180x106px
Have a nice, tasty Iguana-on-a-stick!

Talk about just about any and all retro rpgs here, Western, Japanese or otherwise.
>>
looking for good suggestions for RPGs on NES/SNES
already did almost all of the dragon warrior series and most of the bigger titles for SNES
something laid back with a really good story would be nice
>>
File: 1501566791733.jpg (98KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1501566791733.jpg
98KB, 600x800px
>>4165197
On Nes maybe look into Larange Point, Mother, and Sweet Home. Larange Point is a sci fi jrpg by Konami, Mother is a modern day sci fi jrpg by Nintendo and the prequel to Earthbound, and Sweet Home is a horror jrpg by Capcom, it served as the inspiration for Resident Evil and is based on a Japanese horror movie.

On snes Metal Max Returns is great. Story is nonexistent basically but it provides great customization, good gameplay, and some nonlinear progression. Also Live A Live is a unique jrpg that has you play through multiple scenarios of different genres like wild west, kung fu, and mecha. Both of these games require a fan translation to play in English.
>>
>>4165197

NES: Dream Master

SNES: Energy Breaker
>>
Ain't this Iguana bits ?
>>
File: Too_far_away_times.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Too_far_away_times.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
How is that new Planescape game?

Has a PC version been announced for Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana yet?
>>
>>4170420
As a really big planescape fan, numenara is quite bad. All of the party members are terrible except for the little girl, the combat is mind numbingly slow with poor abilities, and the biggest sin is the writing feels amateur grade, like a bunch of fans that thought "planescape sequel" meant massive word count without anything else to back it up. If you compare Planescape's investigative text to numenara's, planescape's actually fleshes out the detail of the scene in a way that can't be displayed by the game's graphics, whereas numenara will often time use multiple paragraphs to restate what is plainly obvious in the scene. It's boring, bland schlock of the worst kind, and I couldn't even beat it after getting 2/3 of the way through.
>>
>>4165019
That's not an Iguana on a stick. Those are Iguana bits. And I've been in Doc Morbid's cellar...IGUANA BITS IS PEOPLE!
>>
>>4170420

Yeah, it has. Hopefully it'll be a good port.
>>
>>4165019
Loved the cast of characters in this game. Probably spent way too long in the crafting system developing tasty dishes and inspiring music.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.