[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starcraft remastered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: SC remastered.jpg (234KB, 1854x927px) Image search: [Google]
SC remastered.jpg
234KB, 1854x927px
whats /vr/'s opinion on starcraft remastered?
play or not play?
starcraft & it's expansion Brood War is free to play completly on battle net right now, and you can optionally pay to get the graphics updates (wont be like starcraft 2 graphics, just more polished sc1 graphics, not so pixelated) and gets released on the 14th.
will /vr/ hop onto this? will you guys stay with the original graphics? or get the visual update? btw both versions will be able to play with each other, despide if they have or dont have the remastered graphics.
>>
File: SCR comparison.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SCR comparison.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
example of the remastered graphics
>>
File: scr bases.jpg (286KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
scr bases.jpg
286KB, 640x360px
>>
would prefer the original graphics with a higher resolution viewport if possible
>>
>>4164225
These look handdrawn, I was hoping they'd still look like 90's CGI.
>>
>>4164225
These look bad.
>>
>>4164269
>>4164273
They look like amateur reskins
>>
>>4164282
>>4164252
thats a bonus skin retard you can disable it
>>
>>4164356
and even if you dont like it just play free with the normal graphics.

>>4164252
you can. the remastered edition will let you toggle various upgrades on and off, for example, new models and old models are toggleable, new particles too, and lastly, yes the resolution so yeah, you could play it with original graphics at 1080x720 or whatever you want idk what it goes up to
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IX7UIap_GY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55w8_OQcjBs
>>
What I really wanted was Starcraft with updated pathfinding. That's it. With modern pathfinding algorithms, Starcraft would be the best RTS ever made, period.
>>
>>4164356
>>4164553
I can still state negative opinions on it
>>
>>4164652

The game balance is very tricky. And if you give it proper path-finding, it becomes very efficient, and thus very samey. It turns into SC2.

For instance, you can hold off a lot with very little on a ramp. Make the pathfinding more efficient, and you can now take ramps that you previously couldn't.
>>
All I know is since it came back and it's free I've done nothing but play UMS games the last couple of weeks. Like the before fore time.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
>>4164216
Honestly, I think this looks awful. Part of why I love SC1 is because of the unique retro 90s aesthetic. These graphics completely strip that away. It looks more like a mobile game now. Everything is too sleek and shiny, and the buildings don't mesh with the landscape at all. It might be stupid, but this a perfect example of how age can hide imperfections, and this remaster just doesn't look as good to me as the source material. Just look at the Zerg buildings -- they use to look like realistic, slimey, organic flesh masses. Now they look like cartoons. On top of that, they flat out ruined some of the character portraits, like the SCV, and these new "skins" reek of cash grab. I'm sticking to SC1, fuck this shit.
>>
Yea i been playing it since it went free
Getting my ass killed every game
Too stubborn to play use map settings also
>>
>>4166272
Skins are free retard all you pay for is the remastered edition
>>
>>4166803
Lmao, your retarded ass actually thinks Blizz isn't gonna milk this shit and sell extra skins for cash. How does it feel to be autistic?
>>
>>4164652
It really is the best rts ever made, even without changing it.
No other rts comes close.

Bw remastered is probably being launched because people are already growing tired of sc2, only a couple of years after its release. Bw is returning in the pro scene, and its fucking 20 years old.
Remastered will make it more suited for televised pro games again.
>>
So fucking hyped, ive been watching ASL 2016 tastosis casts every day. BW is back get with it yungsters
>>
>>4167295
Men too, fucking hell those guys do really have passion for the game and make a really funny cast
>>
>>4164216
it looks GREAT so far. I want a physical retail edition PLZ. And i want the re-recorded voices not to SUCK. We shall see...
>>
>>4168121
They're using the raw recordings from 1997
>>
I always sucked at starcraft, but man those UMS games were fun. Used to play Poker D like crazy.

Hope the remaster doesn't break any of the old maps.
>>
>>4168445
I haven't touched it in like 15 years, but I remember playing those MTG maps with the Friday voice clip.
>YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FFFUGGOUT
>>
>>4164639
Fucking sick
>>
>>4168445
Remember the UMS "Hello Desktop"?
Was a lot of fun fucking with people with that.
>>
>>4166272
I always loved the look of the Spore Colony, dunno what it is about it. It's so unique looking.
And then there's the Spore Crawler in SC2... which is pretty fucking stupid looking.
>>
>>4164216
It's worthless because it doesn't bring any enhancements with it. I guess it's nice it will work on modern systems for sure but I'm not interested in going back to 12 units max per group and all my energy users blowing their entire load from one click.
>>
>>4169089
Things would become too easy in both single and multiplayer if they did that
>>
>>4169107
That's nice but I can't say I care. I'm not about to go back to frustration for some better sprites. Then again I don't play competitive nor do I give on shit about it or the Koreans who fellate themselves over it.
>>
>>4169112
Good thing you have Starcraft 2 with all the enhancements you want, right?
>>
>>4169134
Yes that's right but that wasn't the OP's question. I don't see why you feel entitled to get butthurt about me answering the question OP posed to anyone who came across his thread.
>>
>>4169159
>old archaic system, don't like it
>there's a game with a modern system
>WHY ARE YOU BUTTHURT?!
I can't tell if you are projecting or angry about something.
>>
>>4169168
Luckily it's easy to tell you're retarded so we'll never need to get to your question.
>>
>>4166272
>sc1
>retro aesthetic
Delusional
>>
>>4169334
>Delusional
Oh look, a typical manbaby that thinks nothing made after 1989 can be "retro". Wake up grandpa, it's 2017, these graphics are fucking retro by today's standards. Don't be a fucking contrarian faggot for no reason.
>>
>>4166272
just so you know if you buy remaster you can just stick to old graphics and play on the online ladder
>>
>>4169089
We have a product for people like you. It's called Starcraft II.
>>
>>4164225
>zergs turned into Kreegans
ok
>>
>>4167270
brood war remastered
>300 players in western US servers
>100 players in eastern US servers
>11,000 players in korean servers

Starcraft 2 WoL (oldest version barely played
>13k players in US region
>5k in eu region

sc2 has lost players but it sure as hell is more popular than SCR. starcraft2 dying is a meme.
i bought remastered either way though, but dont expect it to be THE NEXT BIG THING because it gets 10 extra pixels, when its been free since like the beginning of 2017. whoever wanted to, would be playing it
>>
>>4169089
this is what sc2 is for buddy
>>
>>4170906
Been free way longer than that for those in the know on icc cup servers
>>
I think only increasing texture resolution looks bad without also increasing the number of animation frames. If they did something similar to what SmoothDoom did it would all look real nice I think. The new water rendering is pretty tight though. Will stick to the original game.
>>
like every other reboot, remake, remaster
older players will complain about it
newer players will complain about it
n00b players won't play and complain about it as an excuse to why they do not play it
>>
>>4170906
battlenet has never been the place to play bw since it doesnt have rating other than win/loss.

Iccup is probably the most used ladder, and there is where you find players.

But you are probably right - there are more sc2 players right now, but the entertainment value of it is so bad compared to bw.
When the pro scene changes back to bw, others will follow and remastered is a great way for this to happen.
>>
>>4164221
ah that looks-

>>4164225
eww
>>
>>4173974
>eww
Those are optional preorder skins. You don't have to use them. They are kind of ugly though.
>>
The remaster looks nice, but I prefer the old look... granted a big part of that may be nostalgia.

Still like how Remaster looks a hell of a lot more than SC2... I can't even stand looking at SC2.
>>
>>4169485
Like you're being a contrarian faggot disliking the genuinely greatly improved visuals of Remaster just because you can't get over your nostalgia for the original's very dated and very ugly aesthetics?
>>
File: giphy (2).gif (941KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (2).gif
941KB, 640x480px
>>4164216
>Blizzard
>releasing a new HS expansion, OW crates AND Starcraft Remastered in the same fucking month

I hate being a blizzcuck.
>>
>>4174441
>Like you're being a contrarian faggot disliking the genuinely greatly improved visuals of Remaster just because you can't get over your nostalgia for the original's very dated and very ugly aesthetics?
Those two concepts literally have nothing to do with one another. Whether or not you think I'm a "contrarian faggot" for liking older graphics has nothing to do with the fact they ARE older graphics you fucking dipshit. Moreover, you're entitled to your shit opinion, but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you can't understand the concept of how older, fuzzier graphics help to hide the graphical imperfections of an older game given that you seem to have the mental capacity of a salted cashew. Just because the textures are smoother doesn't mean it's going to be more pleasing to the eye, especially when they did more than just enhance the resolution or texture quality -- they have vastly changed the look of some character portraits, for one. This changes the feel of the game entirely. Now, get over the fact that something being new doesn't necessarily make it better and learn to accept that not everyone shares your shit opinion. Don't forget to breath retard.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.