[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't mind me, just the GOAT mecha series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Armoredcorex500.jpg (108KB, 716x701px) Image search: [Google]
Armoredcorex500.jpg
108KB, 716x701px
Don't mind me, just the GOAT mecha series
>>
>>4163069
It always bothered me that you could never dual wield in the original games like you see on the cover art. I realize that there are arms that are basically two giant cannons though
>>
Virtua On is better
>>
>>4163080
TAKE IT BACK BILLY
>>
>>4163080
Elaborate? How can anything compare to the technical yet skill-demanding gameplay combined with dat customization?
>>
In 1999 I first bought my PS1 - a used console. It came with a memory card that had a PlayStation Magazine Armored Core sticker on it. One time a friend saw it and said it was cool.

... I have yet to ever play and Armored Core game. That's the end of the story.
>>
Which AC game for the PS1 can be considered the best?
>>
>>4163281
They're all great, anon.
>>
>>4163080
Maybe when it came out. It was hard to find people at the same skill level to play AC with before PS3.
>>
Those controls tho
>>
>>4163281
You just play them in order, ,though Master of Arena has the most replayability.

That's because the ones after the main AC are actually expansions, and you can import everything.
>>
>>4163281
Master of Arena > 1 > Project Phantasma
None of them are bad of course, but PP's story is nonsense and 1 lacks an arena.
>>
>>4163069
When I emulate this I use xpadder to remap everything to a modern equivalent and it feels just as good as Verdict Day if not better since the difficulty curve isn't into the stratosphere.
>>
>>4163368
I kind of liked the story and was sad to see that Sumika wasn't in MoA.

>>4163328
...are not meant for casuals. Git gud
>>
>>4163080
as a versus game, sure
but AC plays really differently anyway and has a big 'ol campaign mode

>>4163185
go fix that
start with AC1

>>4163328
>those controls
they're completely remappable, except for the intro mission (which admittedly can be obnoxious if you don't like the defaults, and I hate them myself)
dumb shit: neither PP or MoA have you stuck with the default controls on your first mission, but fucking AC2 and 3 on PS2 go back to it
>>
>>4163732
The thing with the original controls is...once you're used to them, it's a shitty idea to change them. Been using them all throughout AC-PP-MoA through AC2 and AA
>>
>>4163069
Thread theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIeU5HkwpXc
>>
File: frame-gride.jpg (45KB, 384x337px) Image search: [Google]
frame-gride.jpg
45KB, 384x337px
Don't mind me, just being the best Fromsoft mech game.

Sonydrones btfo once again.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.