[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Babby's first Sonic 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Sonic3-box-us-225.jpg (48KB, 225x314px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic3-box-us-225.jpg
48KB, 225x314px
Hi /vr/.
Just finished Sonic 1 and 2 and just wondered which version of 3 I should play/play first?
On a forum somebody suggested a custom patched version but it didn't make a whole lot of sense unfortunately.
>>
>>4162959
you mean sonic 3 complete? you dont have to patch anything. no 16:9 remake either
http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_3_Complete
>>
>>4162959
The genesis version is a-okay

If you decide you are absolutely diehard for that type of gameplay DEF DEF DEF look up Sonic 3 Complete
>>
>>4162983
>>4162991
Thats awesome, thanks!
>>
>>4162959
Sonic 3 Complete is the best way to play these days... but as a first timer you should obviously play the original releases, Sonic 3 and then Sonic & Knuckles. Seperately.
>>
>>4163015
This.
>>
>>4162959
3 and knuckles is the only one that makes sense.

>Seperately
no point, can't do tails levels in &k this way. can't hyper emeralds either.

I have no argument against a patched version other than its not the original. make of that what you will, im not hyper elitist.
>>
>>4162959
no reason not to play Sonic 3 Complete except for one change: insta-shield goes from relatively useful to wildly OP, gaining projectile reflection like the actual shields
that's it though
>>
File: bog.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bog.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
Can I get a quick rundown on S3:C?
>>
3&K
Lock on technology
>>
>>4163838

I love that change personally, reflecting bullets with your button timing feels real nice. Apparently it was the intended behaviour at one point in development, probably scrapped it for making holding on to your rings a little too easy as you said.
>>
>>4163881
Very customizable. Features like:

Being able to change Sonic's appearance to match his Sonic 1 or 2 looks if you like those better.

Switching the stage order around to restore Flying Battery Zone's position between Carnival Night and Ice Cap Zones.

Lots of music options if you like Sonic 3's themes/jingles over Sonic & Knuckles or whatever.

As well as some quality of life improvements like requiring a second button press to trigger Super/Hyper transformations after jumping (example, jump with A and trigger with B). In addition, you can turn Super/Hyper modes OFF with an identical button press whenever you wish.

IMO this feature alone makes S3 Complete worth it. I absolute hate turning Hyper mode on and losing a ton of rings in a section of a level where nothing is going on.

Another nice feature is being able to dual-control Sonic AND Tails with one controller. Holding Up after jumping will switch player control to Tails, allowing you to pick Sonic up and carry him off to areas normally inaccessible without having two players handy.

On top of all of this, the romhack lets you play Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, and the Blue Spheres "standalone game" all independently, on top of being able to play Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
>>
>>4162959
Depends.

Want a full experience? S3&K Complete. Want the original thing? Emulate S3&K.
>>
>>4166547
>emulating
>the original thing
Not so fast
>>
>>4166557
Apologies. I thought a little "unless you own a Genesis" would be unnecessary, as it goes without saying.

Also, we have the official mobile port to look forward to via Sega Forever.
>>
>>4163881
You know that minor annotance with Sonic 3 & Knuckles doing away with some of the cool things from Sonic 3? NOT ANYMORE.
>>
Just play the regular Sonic 3. It's works on its own.

You can then play Sonic & Knuckles through Sonic 3 Complete as it feels half finished on its own.
>>
>>4166564
>Also, we have the official mobile port to look forward to via Sega Forever.
Is this confirmed to actually be a full Android/iOS remake like Sonic 1 & 2 got? Or is it going to be the shitty emulation like Comix Zone?
>>
>>4168626
Most likely the latter, as Taxman and Stealth are working on Mania.
>>
>>4163043
>>4163015
Why play them separately? S3&K was always intended to be the full release

its like telling someone to watch Titanic on 2-part VHS because thats how it was first released
>>
I like all of the quality of life features in this Sonic 3 Complete (first time I've ever heard about it), the music options, the graphic options, the difficulty modes, the option to opt-out of these changes if you want, but the fact is the S&K levels are extremely jarring in contrast with the S3 ones. They are super long, super tedious, and super not fun. Even if it was the intended order, putting one in the middle of all the short levels will just feel... weird.
>>
>>4162983
Autism patch
>>
>>4168753
>S3&K was always intended to be the full release
This meme AGAIN. why do so many people believe it? There is no proof that any but the first 3 Sonic & Knuckles zones were ever in development for a stand-alone Sonic 3 release. And if you think features like the Super Emerald special stages and Hyper Sonic would have been in a stand-alone long Sonic 3 then you're off yer rocker. S3&K is designed the way it is specificially BECAUSE it is two games.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.