[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: rewrite history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: History.jpg (52KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
History.jpg
52KB, 400x300px
what if...
-the saturn was released on the original launch day
-a sonic game had been in development specifically for the saturn since 1994
-the n64 shipped with a disc drive instead of a cartridge port
-the playstation was a nintendo addon
how would things have turned out? feel free to post your own alternate timelines
>>
Your life would be perfect instead of the way it is now.

Nah. Everything would have turned out exactly the same except that Nintendo would be a part of the Sony corporation.
>>
>>4162804
would nintendo really have lost all that much money from a SNES playstation? it's not exactly like addons are or were ever particularly popular so I can't imagine it actually killing nintendo. sega fell into that trap, but they failed to climb out more so due to overall incompetence than anything
>>
Nintendo never went into the vidya business and still ran taxis and hotels and shit.
>>
>>4162816
Nintendo would have enjoyed much greater success, just as a part of Sony. There may not have even been a fifth gen rather 32xCD vs Nintendo Play Station vs PC-Engine/TG CD then Nintendo PS2 vs Sega Xbox.
>>
If i could, i would travel back in time and murder ken kutaragi. To stop sony selling out and ruining gaming for all time.
>>
Remove Xbox from existence. Dudebro gamers will never exist, AAA movie games won't ever be a thing, PC gaming will never be held back, and Japanese console games will continue as it did since early 2000s.
>>
File: Xbawks2.jpg (21KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
Xbawks2.jpg
21KB, 600x336px
>>4162978
this is my wish as well
>>
>>4162978
>Dudebro gamers will never exist
They would still be playing Playstation.
>>
>>4162796
I love this idea.
Also, Nintendo also made a Super Famicom with a built-in PlayStation attachment, kinda like the prototype.

>>4162819
North America will never recover from the infamous crash of 1983, that or Sega will come and revitalize console gaming in North America.

>>4162816
This.

Sega focused more on movie games like Night Trap instead of actual games, which is why it failed
The PC Engine CD did pretty well in Japan unlike it's US counterpart. But the US counterpart didn't do well mainly because both Sega and Nintendo stole all of the TurboGrafx-16's thunder.

The PC Engine CD had a lot of actual games like Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, Ys and Far East of Eden.

Despite the fact that the Sega CD also had it's share of actual games like Sonic CD and Lunar.

>>4162821
>4th gen is Nintendo PlayStation vs. Sega CD 32X vs. PC Engine CD
>5th gen is Nintendo PS2 vs. Sega Saturn vs. PC-FX
>6th gen is Nintendo PS3 vs. Sega Dreamcast
Truly the best timeline.

Also, OP asked what would happen if the Saturn was released on it's original launch day, so maybe it's renamed the Xbox instead of the Saturn, I prefer the Saturn name.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.