[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Decent Famicon to Nes adapter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: f2nadpter.jpg (27KB, 497x230px) Image search: [Google]
f2nadpter.jpg
27KB, 497x230px
Guys, I am looking into getting one of these but have no experience with them. I notice tons of cheap Chinese ones on ebay, are they any good? Also are there any adapters that are pre modded or that I can mod (I can solder) so that I can make use of the expansion audio in games like Akumajou Densetsu? I know about the NES mod but I would rather just mod the adapter if that is possible.
>>
That one has a little chip that is probably a NES copyright chip. If your adapter doesn't have one, a front loading NES will blink on and off but that can be fixed by going in and clipping the power leg on the 10NES chip to disable it. It sounds like you don't want to open up your NES though.

On that note, adding expansion audio support is literally just about getting the audio signal that comes out one of the Famicom pins (you'll have to look up which one) leveled out and connected into the audio output of the NES. The tidiest way to do that is to add an appropriate resistor (again, look it up) to the adapter using its legs to bridge the pin to one of the NES's pins that go to the expansion port on the bottom of the NES that never got used and then pop off the cover on the bottom and run a wire from that pin down there to the pin that ties into the audio output. It's pretty simple and not really "opening the NE" but if that sounds like too much for you you can literally just solder an RCA barrel connector to the FC expansion audio pin (preferably via that resistor) and run it out the cartridge door and attach it between the audio output and your audio cable. It's a really simple straight forward mod.
>>
Just buy a Famicom faggot
>>
>>4162016
A front loading NES is superior in nearly every way to a base Famicom.
>>
>>4162027
Frontloaders are a POS and the only reason anyone would prefer them over a model 2 NES or any of the Fami models is blinded by nostalgia.
Take your retardation elsewhere tripfag.
>>
>>4162034
OG Famicoms and top loading NESs don't even output composite without modification. Also jailbars. Famicoms can't even accept controllers without an adapter and their attached controllers cables are very short. AV Famicom is probably the best but OP has a front loading NES already. Assuming its ZIF socket is still good, once he mods it for expansion audio he'll have no reason to buy anything else.
>>
>>4161860
There is actually an official one from Nintendo inside some original black box titles and such, but if you care about expansion audio, those won't do you much good.
>>
>>4162034
Frontloader modded with Blinking Light Win is better than a base toploader. The toploader requires fairly heavy modding to get anything besides RF out of it.
>>
>>4162053
Take a look at the image. That's literally all the Flontloader's composite amplification circuit is.
Putting that into any of the consoles that don't have it is no problem whatsoever and puts the output on the same level of the frontloader. About the controller stuff: I don't really give a fuck since you could just get longer cables in between the Fami and the TV but if I did then there's two thing you can do: Get an adapter (It's not like they'll be incredibly expensive) or you simply
make the hardwired cords longer yourself (Only if you're not completely incapable of doing anything with your own two hands).
Though I'll agree that the AV Fami is the best one you can get.
>>4162110
It really isn't. The blinking light win just as all the other cheap chink zif replacements has a death grip on cartridges. Add that to the fact that the Frontloader's top shell leaves you almost no cartridge to grab onto getting them out is a real pain in the ass. On top of that, using Famicom games + adapter in a Frontloaders is another pain in the butt.
About your 'heavy modding' BS: Again, look at the picture and tell me if you're too retarded to lift one pin on the PPU and wire up 3 connections.
I'm still not saying a Toploader is the best way to go because it really isn't (AV Famicom) but it's worlds better than a Frontloader
>>
>>4162143
Again, OP obviously already has a front loader and his ZIFsounds like it's fine. The mod he's asking about is less complicated than the composite mod you're describing and once he's done it, he'll be able to play both 60 and 72 pin games with 7-pin controllers using no additional adapters versus two additional adapters required to do so on a Famicom. Literally the only reasons to buy a base Famicom is because they're cheaper and weebery which isn't a very good reason. In the end it takes just as much money in adapters and just as much time to get the same thing - and that's for people who don't already have an NES they or their parents bought one to three decades ago.
>>
>>4161986
Op here. This is the info I was looking for. I'll probably just get one of the cheaper adapters and see then try the audio mod. Thanks for the info.
>>
File: 3123270996_1fe0c3f33a_b[1].jpg (382KB, 1024x595px) Image search: [Google]
3123270996_1fe0c3f33a_b[1].jpg
382KB, 1024x595px
>>4162223
You're welcome, Anon. Have a pic of a typical mod to the adapter. I learned something interesting scaring this pic up - the NES N8 Everdrive requires some pretty touchy sounding mods to work on Famicom but the Famicom N8 works fine on an NES with just the standard adapter so there's another reason to run an NES.
>>
>>4162143
>The blinking light win just as all the other cheap chink zif replacements has a death grip on cartridges.
I got one recently and it's fine. Sure, I gotta keep one hand on the NES when I pull out a cartridge, but I wouldn't say it's any tighter than toploader is.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.